2 months!

edited August 2006 in Sam & Max
Exactly 2 more month's until Sam & Max. The pressure is on!!!
(I hope the game is on schedule)

In other news, You tube took down alot of the Sam and Max episodes... or maybe just some... :(

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2006
    The game is indeed on schedule. I played through it last week. Very enjoyable. :)
  • edited August 2006
    well youtube suspended my account..and to think of all the stuff they have up there.. [>:)] So no more sam and max episodes for you!
  • edited August 2006
    The game is indeed on schedule. I played through it last week. Very enjoyable. :)

How long did it take you and how was the humour? Did it compare to the comics/hit the road?
    Any idea when we'll get some in-game screenshots?
  • edited August 2006
    well youtube suspended my account..and to think of all the stuff they have up there.. [>:)] So no more sam and max episodes for you!
    Heh, yeah, they did that to me too, a while ago. I guess they don't like Rocko's Modern Life. :))
  • edited August 2006
    It's not like they sell the episodes anymore! geez.

Maybe Nelvana is planning to, so they got youtube to take them off?
    edited August 2006
    How long did it take you

That's pretty hard to say, because I played a bit here and there over several days. Also there's a lot that's not in the game yet (no animations or camerawork, some of the voices weren't in yet, etc.)

I can say that the gameplay felt as substantial to me as in a game like Hit the Road. There were points where I didn't know what to do next and had to ask someone. If I hadn't asked, it could have been days before I figured it out. It's definitely a smaller game than Hit the Road, but that doesn't mean it's an easy game. It's got some meat on it.
    how was the humour? Did it compare to the comics/hit the road?

I thought the humor was great. It made me laugh out loud several times.
    Any idea when we'll get some in-game screenshots?

This month. :)
  • edited August 2006
    Wow I had no idea they were that far along. Unbelievable by Telltale to work so fast. Its great to hear there are some difficult puzzles. Can't wait to get stuck :D
    edited August 2006
    Wow I had no idea they were that far along. Unbelievable by Telltale to work so fast.

It's due in part to how the tools are set up. There's a day on the schedule referred to as "button pushing day". Suddenly, everything comes together and there's a game where there wasn't a game before. :D
  • edited August 2006
    youtube? try video google :D
  • edited August 2006
    does this mean you might get the game done earlier than expected?
    edited August 2006
    Nope, it's right on schedule. ;)

Because of the nature of these episodic games, the team is working from a schedule that's like a TV season's schedule. It would be impossible to release a game every month if we were working on the game right up until its deadline, because each game takes more than a month to make. :)) The schedule is set up with this in mind. Typically, with a TV season, the first several episodes are finished before the season even starts, and the remaining episodes are produced as the first episodes air. That's sort of how Telltale's doing the Sam & Max games.

On the other hand, although episode 1 isn't finished yet, some people here are already working on epsiodes 2 and 3...
  • edited August 2006
    Wow, that's even faster than I thought the development process worked.
  • edited August 2006
    HOLLA!
  • edited August 2006
    Good stuff.
  • edited August 2006
    Interesting are they anticipating making any changes to finished episodes 2 and 3 once they get the feedback from the pilots release?
  • edited August 2006
    I hope there is a Max sighting! Oh Boy!
    edited August 2006
    Interesting are they anticipating making any changes to finished episodes 2 and 3 once they get the feedback from the pilots release?

Episodes 2 and 3 will still be in development when the pilot episode comes out, so yes, tweaks based on feedback to the pilot episode will definitely be possible.
  • edited August 2006
    Hey Emily.. Has there been any official word on WHEN the pilot will be released? A specific date? I have to set in on a reminder.

Even though I check telltale's site several times a day [:">]
    edited August 2006
    Hey Emily.. Has there been any official word on WHEN the pilot will be released? A specific date? I have to set in on a reminder.

Nope, no official announcement on the date yet.
  • edited August 2006
    2 months? wow ive gotta prepare :D
    i was 6 weeks away in italy so ive been offline, therefore i first knew it today :)
    2 months damnit, uve made progress :D
  • edited August 2006
    2 months? wow ive gotta prepare :D
    i was 6 weeks away in italy so ive been offline, therefore i first knew it today :)
    2 months damnit, uve made progress :D

Yep, this weekend I took out my Sam N' Max disc and some others like Monkey Island. I installed them and ScummVM. They both loaded up fine. Hopefully there will be a few suprises left in them for me to find! :)
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah just started playing hit the road again in preparation :D
  • edited August 2006
    I just started playing Grand Theft Auto in preparation

Someone make a Desoto skin!
  • edited August 2006
    i hope it aint as short as bone the great cowrace was, because that was small:(
    but most important that it is a good game ;)
  • edited August 2006
    it will be shorter. about 2h for each episode if understand correctly
  • edited August 2006
    Judging how long it takes me to beat these games (I'm horrible at them, :)) ) it will probably take me longer, but two hours sounds fine for episodes to me. ;)
  • edited August 2006
    I like Monkey!
  • edited August 2006

Nope, no official announcement on the date yet.

Can you tell us when the deadline is? Not the release but the time when the game has to be done?
  • edited August 2006
    IN 2 MONTHS!!!!! Dreams really do come true! I love point and clicks. Especially Sam & Max. I can't wait Telltale
    edited August 2006
    Can you tell us when the deadline is? Not the release but the time when the game has to be done?

Can't tell you that, but I can say that the team's looking at it in terms of weeks, not months. We're very close. :)

Every day there's something new and great in the game. We did a few press demos this week, and each time someone in the room saw a new animation (often several new animations) that weren't in there the last time they played. It's very exciting!
  • edited August 2006
    [\:D/] [\:D/] [\:D/]

Don't mind me. I'm just ripe with anticipation.
  • edited August 2006
    I really cant wait any longer...... Can you please post new screen shots or some audio to help hold me over.... :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2006
    snm_forumscreenshot.jpg

Don't say I never gave you anything!*

*Okay, so I didn't give you anything special or particularly revealing, but hey, it's a never before seen in-game screenshot that I took a week or so ago!
  • edited August 2006
    Wow that looks great! I really can't wait! Ill be looking at this screen shot for hours now.... :)
    edited August 2006
    Don't hurt your eyes! :))
  • edited August 2006
    Waw! An in- game screenshot! Can't wait for more! :) Thx!
  • edited August 2006
    I was wondering.... Can I help Beta Test Sam & Max?
  • edited August 2006
    Uh, at this point, Kraek, if they're just over a month away from launching the game, I'd say they're beyond beta.
  • edited August 2006
    Uh, at this point, Kraek, if they're just over a month away from launching the game, I'd say they're beyond beta.

I just wanted to get to play it first.... :)
  • edited August 2006
    Two Months until the GameTap launch. There is almost certainly going to be a gap before non-GameTap subscribers (which includes everyone outside of the USA) will be able to play.

I'm hoping the lag is only 2 weeks or so, but would not be surprised if it's over a month.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.