Do you have to run BttF as an admin when you play? Post here and tell us about it!

edited September 2011 in Back to the Future
Hello, everyone. Some of you have, unfortunately, found that the Back to the Future episodes will not launch on your computer unless you right-click on their desktop shortcut and select "Run As Administrator". I'm trying to gather as much information as I can about this, in hopes that we can identify what's causing it and ensure that none of our future games have the same annoying problem.

If you've encountered this issue while trying to play any of the BttF episodes, please post to this thread with as much of the following information as possible:

1) Were you attempting to start the game on an Administrator account or a User (restricted) account?

2) What OS was your computer running when this issue occurred?

3) Did you download the episode from www.telltalegames.com or Steam?

4) Did/does the issue happen every time you try to launch any BttF episode? Does it happen consistently with some episodes but not others? Does it seem pretty random?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me regarding this, everyone! It will be much appreciated!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I played it via Steam, and did not have any issues like that. The only issue I had was the game failing to remember the name I chose in episode 1.
  • edited August 2011
    I only remember launching episode 1 as admin once, after that it ran fine and all the episodes started fine normally. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and I downloaded episodes from your site and I use an administrator account.
  • edited September 2011
    Odd, I have never come across this.
  • edited September 2011
    1) Administrator account

2) Windows 7 Home Premium

3) Telltale Games

4) Only Episodes One, Two and Three.

It fixed itself after Episode Three but it was a hassle learning how to actually run Episode One once it downloaded.

Thanks for looking into it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.