Gametap Episode 6 Release

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
Update - Episode 6 is now available on Gametap!

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I still have to finish Ep 4 and 5 :(
  • edited April 2007
    lucky you! geezh, talk about luxuary problem ;)

This time I'm ambivalent. I want to play the last episode, but I know that once it's over, this season is over. Thus, it doesn't feel so bad to know that gametap gets it sooner :) Also, this time I don't have an exam a few days after the episode is released, so then I can take the time to really enjoy it fully :)
  • edited April 2007
    quiet Adam, you will make everyone else jealous :D ..........

i will be playing episode 6 today as well, provided i do not get a callout, cause i am on shift today

i should have a walkthrough up by tommorrow

this is a rare case of.... dont hate the game, hate the playa
  • edited April 2007
    -feels hated- :(

I wouldn't let it bother you, it's something worth waiting for. :) Besides, after it's released another won't be out for several months. : / Which is actually a good thing, nobody wants Sam & Max to suffer the same fate as Star Trek. (overworked)
  • edited April 2007
    Episode 6 is now available on Gametap! Go get 'em!
  • edited April 2007
    ok cheers... c u in 2 weeks time :)
  • edited April 2007
    poor bastards, in a day or two they have finished the season and can just sit there and twidle their thumbs, going: duru-dutu-duruturudu-duru-dutu-duru-duru... duttu duru luru duru....

AdamG: Didn't your mother ever teach you that candy always tastes better if you have to wait for it ;) The one who waits for something good, doesn't wait in vain.
  • edited April 2007
    "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Of course, this game isn't so much delayed as it is that GameTap just happens to get it first, nor is there any conceivable way that it could possibly suck, so...
  • edited April 2007
    Yay! Glad I woke up early :D

(Funny side note: I dreamt about episode 6 last night :P In the dream, I had downloaded the game, clicked the play button.... and it crashed. Multiple times. Then I saw it made a shortcut to the game on the desktop (!) So I clicked that, and it finally ran, but it ended up being this weird pinball/pachinko game hybrid! Strangest. Dream. Ever.)

EDIT: Seems like my dream's coming true... the game keeps showing up as 0.000 MB in size :O
  • edited April 2007
    yeah..... is anyone else having trouble downloading the game, i tried resetting the library and everything

the game is not downloading, it looks like it is not on the gametap server for some reason...... the info card, and download button is there, but you cannot download the game
  • edited April 2007
    Yep, seems they forgot the most important part of releasing a game.... releasing the damn game! lol
  • edited April 2007
    can someone from telltale call those idiots over at gametap and find out what the hell is going on.....
  • edited April 2007
    In about 15 minutes their chat support opens up, if it's still undownloadable, I'll give 'em what for...
  • edited April 2007
    Anyone else having problems downloading from Gametap ? :P im getting no response, it just stays at 0%. Dunno if gametap are having a major overload (or rater download) :P

edit: just woke up and realized im not the only one having problems :) doh :P wtf are they DOING in there :P
  • edited April 2007
    why do i get the feeling that this has something to do with them changing the info card a few weeks ago to remove the roy g. biv identity spoiler

for what it is worth, the instructions tab has some cool screenshots that are not on the telltale site..... but still no game itself :mad:
  • edited April 2007
    They've barely covered up the spoiler, the new infocard is a pretty big wink wink nudge nudge thing... unless it's a red herring, but we wouldn't know, because gametap can't upload a simple game *growls rabidly*

EDIT: From the GameTap instructions for BSOTM...
    "While you don't need to have played the previous 5 episodes of Sam & Max to get through From The Jaws Of Certain Bliss...."

:| Am I missing something, or can GameTap not even get the title right??
  • edited April 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    They've barely covered up the spoiler, the new infocard is a pretty big wink wink nudge nudge thing... unless it's a red herring, but we wouldn't know, because gametap can't upload a simple game *growls rabidly*

Of course the spoiler seems pretty blatent in the trailer that they keep playing over and over on gametap to further drive in the point that we can't download the game.
  • edited April 2007
    between the trailer and the new shots.... it looks like we see at least one thing that each of the previous episodes
    Episode 1: how brady culture got his glasses
    Episode 2: Philo Pennyworth
    Episode 3: Harry Moleman
    Episode 4: Abe Lincolns head
    Episode 5: The arcade machine

and i am sure there are more.....
  • edited April 2007
    *sigh* why does the finale have to be a fiasco?
  • edited April 2007
    you would think that they would have all of the kinks worked out of launching new games by now.....

EDIT: i am trying customer support right now...... and it seems like i am not the only person complaining
  • edited April 2007
    Haha, this guy's taking forever to respond, they must be getting flooded :P

Edit: "We're sorry, but this episode is not available at this time." How is repeating the problem solving it?
  • edited April 2007
    Well looks like something is happening, cant login atm.
  • edited April 2007
    according to this guy i am talking to....... they moved the icon into the game vault, but the game itself is not on the service yet....
  • edited April 2007
    Me either, I guess while tech support was giving us cheesy excuses, they flung the complaints to the others, it seems
  • edited April 2007
    Think of it this way: The longer it takes for the episode to go up, the longer it is before the Season ends.
  • edited April 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    according to this guy i am talking to....... they moved the icon into the game vault, but the game itself is not on the service yet....

Oh, so apparently they just put the big banner for the game with the play link on the front menu for kicks....
  • edited April 2007
    they are "addressing the issue"

he says the game should be up soon.... (how soon is anyones guess :rolleyes:)

at least an error message is now comming up when you try to download the game.... (before it just sat idle after you clicked the button)
  • edited April 2007
    Hey, just to let you guys know, we here at Gametap had a weird power outage at our servers this morning. Things are still behaving kinda wonky, but I assure you that people are working on it. I just finally got email up and running, so hopefully the game server will work itself out in the near future as well. Sorry about this!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Thanks for the update, Will!
  • edited April 2007
    Hey, just to let you guys know, we here at Gametap had a weird power outage at our servers this morning. Things are still behaving kinda wonky, but I assure you that people are working on it. I just finally got email up and running, so hopefully the game server will work itself out in the near future as well. Sorry about this!

Ohhhh, that explains it! Now I feel bad for all of my mean comments.... :P
  • edited April 2007
    ok, glad to hear the issue is being worked on (and that the problem has been found)..... can you please keep us updated and tell us when the game is online
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    :| Am I missing something, or can GameTap not even get the title right??

That was an old title, and a reference to it apparently didn't make it out of one of GameTap's title cards. Sorry about that. :(

I just emailed them about it.
  • edited April 2007
    So I just talked to our catalog guy, and he said they are having to re-push the game. It should be fully propagated in an hour or two, but until then he hid the game so no other poor unsuspecting souls get their hopes smashed. So next time you see the game in Gametap, it should be up and ready to go.
  • edited April 2007
    It's all good, that's a great working title :D

EDIT: Thanks for the info Will, Guess I'll go watch some TV while I wait, thumbs a-twiddling :)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2007
    Glad to hear it. I thought it was just me. I see that the game has just been removed from the gamelist. I'll wait until it goes back up. Can't wait. :D
  • edited April 2007
    for as much as i bash gametap..... they sure do have some great customer service for them to come and find us (and tell us they are working on the problem)

thanks,
    edited April 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    they sure do have some great customer service for them to come and find us (and tell us they are working on the problem)
    You've got that right. I came here to see if anyone else was experiencing problems, but I didn't expect to see someone from GameTap here.

It's nice to see that they care enough for their userbase to come to the forums of the developer of the game that they're having upload problems with and let them know what's going on.

Now I have no qualms at all about getting GameTap. Fantastic service and customer service to boot.:cool:
  • edited April 2007
    I'm still having trouble downloading Episode 6. Before it showed 0.00 MB but now, after exiting Game Tap and logging back in, Episode 6 is no longer even listed. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    edited April 2007
    Ombligo wrote: »
    I'm still having trouble downloading Episode 6. Before it showed 0.00 MB but now, after exiting Game Tap and logging back in, Episode 6 is no longer even listed. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    It will be. Just a few posts above yours, someone from GameTap explained the problem:

So I just talked to our catalog guy, and he said they are having to re-push the game. It should be fully propagated in an hour or two, but until then he hid the game so no other poor unsuspecting souls get their hopes smashed. So next time you see the game in Gametap, it should be up and ready to go.
  • edited April 2007
    Now we just need to convince GameTap to take it easy on all the strategy games, and add more first person shooters :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.