Gametap Episode 6 Release

2»

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Agreed with ShaggE
  • edited April 2007
    If you wanna convince gametap off something, it should be to open up to the hole world :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    ...home of the ever elusive Hole People.
  • edited April 2007
    Hmm, I am currently downloading episode 6 on the live server. You guys might want to try it now. It is possible that I can see it because I'm inside the firewall, but hopefully not. At any rate, if its not out right now, it will be in the very near future.
  • edited April 2007
    Its not there now, still only episode 1-5. Really hope "near future" is today else someone gotta loose their head or atleast job :) we need are drugs now, in this case sam and max :D
  • edited April 2007
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    If you wanna convince gametap off something, it should be to open up to the hole world :)
    Jake wrote: »
    ...home of the ever elusive Hole People.

lol, that's hilarious.
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah, it just went out, but it will take about 15 minutes for the cache to clear. So in 15 minutes, reload GameTap and it should be in.
  • edited April 2007
    I now can't even log in... anyone else having this problem?
  • edited April 2007
    It's up, but it still says 0.000 MB, but it looks like it's downloading fine.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, it just went out, but it will take about 15 minutes for the cache to clear. So in 15 minutes, reload GameTap and it should be in.
    It's up now. I'm grabbing it as we speak. Thanks a bunch - that didn't take long at all. :cool:
  • edited April 2007
    downloading right now....... thanks gametap (and telltale :D )
  • edited April 2007
    All good now. Thanks Will, Gametap, Telltale, and Richard Gere for working so hard on getting this thing out and keeping us informed in the process.
    Downloading now, and I should be on the moon in no time!
  • edited April 2007
    Woohoo! Logging in now :D

And I agree with Derwin, Richard Gere has saved the day again!
  • edited April 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    They've barely covered up the spoiler, the new infocard is a pretty big wink wink nudge nudge thing... unless it's a red herring, but we wouldn't know, because gametap can't upload a simple game *growls rabidly*

EDIT: From the GameTap instructions for BSOTM...
    "While you don't need to have played the previous 5 episodes of Sam & Max to get through From The Jaws Of Certain Bliss...."

:| Am I missing something, or can GameTap not even get the title right??

I am guesssin this was a working title since someone on another topic said that Telltale revealed the title at the last minute because they were still working on it. Gametap is probably lazy in updatin their articles.
  • edited April 2007
    Episode 6 is out already? I've barely even started Episode 4!
  • edited April 2007
    just finished it..... its crazy, and quite hard

a lot of return characters, some jokes poked at earlier sam and max episodes (including a few aimed at hit the road)

the episode is set at night (or dusk) and this gives the locations a whole new feel........ the usual "change every episode" jokes are still there...... and while not every clickable item has a new line, a better part of them do

a very fitting, and satisifying conclusion to the season, i am going to play through it again tonight.... and i will write my walkthrough as i am playing, so if you are stuck (i was in quite a few places) i will be able to help

P.S. the credits were one of the funniest parts of the game......
    the part with max chasing after the headless president puppet in front of the white house
    had me on the floor
  • edited April 2007
    They definitely pulled all the stops for this one... I'm trying to think of something to rave about without spoiling anything, but I can't :P
  • edited April 2007
    so now, the season is over for you guys. How does it feel?
  • edited April 2007
    Sucks that Season 1 is over, but there's still the comic and a summer of Season 2 speculation :D
  • edited April 2007
    how do i feel..... i feel like playing it again :D

it will be worth the wait for those of you who do not have access to gametap.......

was i the only person who noticed that a lot of the items in the street locations get animated textures for this episode....... some things look a lot better this way (but a few things had an obvious "3D render" look to them, as opposed to the usual cartoon-esque look of the games) but it is not a big gripe of mine

i did notice just one dialogue related bug, and i will be starting a bug report thread on it in a few minutes........

they also brought back the intro scene before the credits like they had in episode 4, although i think the credits would match the episode better if the background was white, instead of the
    Orange
    color they used

sadly
    the bug
    is no longer a item you carry around with you...... (sorry guys :( ) but he does make a cameo in the episode...... along with some other well loved season one characters (but i will not list them all, i would rather have it be a surprise)
  • edited April 2007
    I don't think that just because someone from Gametap kept us informed about it means they have good customer service. Even if it does, they still screw up a lot.
  • edited April 2007
    mickey wrote: »
    You've got that right. I came here to see if anyone else was experiencing problems, but I didn't expect to see someone from GameTap here.

It's nice to see that they care enough for their userbase to come to the forums of the developer of the game that they're having upload problems with and let them know what's going on.

Now I have no qualms at all about getting GameTap. Fantastic service and customer service to boot.:cool:

It should be pointed out that this is not unprecedented of them... They have made many comments in the past on both this forum AND Myst Online: Uru Live's, their other original.

And remember: customer service is not about being perfect. It's about making people like you.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    And remember: customer service is not about being perfect. It's about making people like you.

Absolutely true. I speak from experience. :D
  • edited April 2007
    But TTG succeeds on both :D I defy anyone here to find another game company with employees like Doug, Emily, and Jake (and sometimes a couple others) who'll not only go out of their way to help customers, but will even do it on their own free time, just because they can.

GameTap does that to some extent too, but they are still a "business-hours only" company, that magically solves issues only after a few thousand angry gamers with fat wallets have threatened to cancel their subscriptions. Not to say that's always the case, but usually it is.

(This is probably my tenth post about this, but it bears repeating lol)
  • edited April 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    But TTG succeeds on both :D I defy anyone here to find another game company with employees like Doug, Emily, and Jake (and sometimes a couple others) who'll not only go out of their way to help customers, but will even do it on their own free time, just because they can.

I totally agree! Best people ever
  • edited April 2007
    (He listed me first! :D )
  • edited April 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    (He listed me first! :D )

I always think of your name first, because it reminds me of Mike Tabacco, the leading character in Killer Klowns From Outer Space, one of my favorite horror-comedies ever :P
  • edited April 2007
    I have to say, Cyan Worlds has been pretty awesome when I have contacted with them as well. Last time I wrote to the e-mail adress on their page and asked a question about what plans they were having for the future - this was back before URU live was announced to be re-released, and before writing him an e-mail I signed up for the beta testing - Rand Miller himself replied me. I never expected the big cheese himself to reply me, so that was a pleasantly suprise. I also remember he had sometimes when he came into the game and talked with the people about their experience and such. Pretty great stuff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.