Arbitrary Puzzle: My Three suns

In my three suns, if you fail, you are told that the first two suns have the same power. Not sure why that wasn't mentioned in the description, it changes the puzzle as a whole. Also, there is a typo in the description "A sun is connected to one planet gives full power to one Earth." Pretty sure that's not standard english.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    It's not true.
    Spoiler altert!
    It mentions them both being 15 in the solution. But to solve it for myself I figured them as 10 and 20, and the answer worked, and they also together form 15 when split.).
  • edited January 2012
    In my three suns, if you fail, you are told that the first two suns have the same power. Not sure why that wasn't mentioned in the description, it changes the puzzle as a whole. Also, there is a typo in the description "A sun is connected to one planet gives full power to one Earth." Pretty sure that's not standard english.

This is so true and hilarious!

I actually found one feedback from John Walker "Wot I Think", he said that he finds it dull and with instructions being badly written, such as what you mentioned on your comment as not a standard English.

You can read his full comment here. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/01/wot-i-think-puzzle-agent-2/

Got a nosebleed on that crazy description. Lolz.

Thanks for making my day!
  • edited January 2012

Actually the exact power of the first two suns is irrelevant, they have a combined power of 60 and as both are split between the two earths it doesn't matter how much comes from each. it appears to be a problem with three unknowns but actually there are only two.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.