Why has no gameplay been shown ?

edited March 2012 in The Walking Dead
I am a little careful in being to hyped since we have seen absolutely no gameplay from it even though it seems judging from changes made to the website the first episode is not far away from release.

I mean some actuall gameplay would be nice since it gives us a general idea on what to expect, without spoling to much.

The play dead video was a good idea but it really does not give us alot more info, I honestly and no offense do not care about the developers favourite moments in the comics.

I just want to see the game in action and form an opinion on actuall gameplay.

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2012
    So do I. ;)

Still, I think that this should better be postponed until TTG can be sure that what is shown is what we get. I remember specifically in BTTF, gameplay scenes were shown in Doc's lab which could not be reproduced in the game (as annoying hint screens inevitably popped up which just were not present in gametrailer's footage). By now, it looks like TTG is going for icon-free 3D exploration in TWD, which I'd love.

So it's tricky. They have obviously settled for an art style, but gameplay should only be shown when no designer can still spontaneously throw his hat in the ring concerning the look of these "moving pictures". I want to see footage as soon as everyone else, but it should be FINAL - hence maybe come a bit later.
  • edited February 2012
    Well hype wise you should know it gonna be a adventure style game problably very similar too jurassicpark or bttf if your expecting a gun toting left4dead or dead rising or even dead island best now just quit thinking that because you will will most likley be one of dissapointed ones.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm sorry to help you, wish you good luck.g.gif
  • edited February 2012
    I think it's pretty clear that Telltale doesn't want to show any gameplay until they've gotten as many preorders as possible.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2012
    Lambonius wrote: »
    I think it's pretty clear that Telltale doesn't want to show any gameplay until they've gotten as many preorders as possible.

Given that we haven't opened or announced preorders, that's a weird theory!

We'll be showing some gameplay in an upcoming Playing Dead episode.
  • edited February 2012
    Jake wrote: »

LOL...wait so that wasn't you guys asking for money in that back alley?

... I wanna see that playing dead episode now... my wife and I have been married 11 years today.. it would make a perfect anniversary gift... ok maybe not but STILL!!!
  • edited February 2012
    Irishmile wrote: »
    LOL...wait so that wasn't you guys asking for money in that back alley?

... I wanna see that playing dead episode now... my wife and I have been married 11 years today.. it would make a perfect anniversary gift... ok maybe not but STILL!!!

Creepy guys in alleys wearing telltale employee shirts WARNING
  • edited February 2012
    Jake wrote: »

Out of curiosity, by gameplay do you mean actual gameplay, or just an in-engine cutscene?
  • edited February 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    Well hype wise you should know it gonna be a adventure style game problably very similar too jurassicpark or bttf if your expecting a gun toting left4dead or dead rising or even dead island best now just quit thinking that because you will will most likley be one of dissapointed ones.

I don't know, I heard deeper than BTTF but more exploration, problem-solving, and (hopefully) fewer QTE that make you feel pointless to whta is happening. As long as the gameplay is fun and better than Telltale's previous titles, this game and I will be on the same wave length.
    Lambonius wrote: »

There is no facepalm humilating enough in the world that can depict how much of a fail this comment is. Even the good trolls do their research, sport. Maybe next time.
    Out of curiosity, by gameplay do you mean actual gameplay, or just an in-engine cutscene?

Or both!
  • edited February 2012
    There is no facepalm humilating enough in the world that can depict how much of a fail this comment is. Even the good trolls do their research, sport. Maybe next time.

I know! I am so ashamed!
    edited February 2012

To my knowledge, we'll be showing a few slices of the game, not just a cutscene collage.
  • edited February 2012
    When is that episode coming out?
  • edited February 2012
    There will be a new episode every two weeks.
  • edited February 2012
    And there are 9 episodes?

So the game won't be having a winter release unless it comes out before the episodes?
  • edited February 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »
    There will be a new episode every two weeks.

the first episode is two weeks old now.
  • edited February 2012
    I do not see why there couldn't be videos between game episodes...

I hope there is that would be cool.
  • edited February 2012
    Ja1862 wrote: »
    And there are 9 episodes?

So the game won't be having a winter release unless it comes out before the episodes?

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=581928&postcount=5
  • edited February 2012
    Since its been 2 week will we be seeing the new video today?
  • edited March 2012
    Maybe they meantt any time after 2 weeks lol
  • edited March 2012
    Did they say there will be a new one every 2 weeks? I mustve missed that in the video
  • edited March 2012
    yeah they mentioned 2 weeks it was when they said each episode will be like 2 hours so it will give people something to discuss till next one come out 2 weeks later.
  • edited March 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    yeah they mentioned 2 weeks it was when they said each episode will be like 2 hours so it will give people something to discuss till next one come out 2 weeks later.

You dislocated the facts. :)

Playing Dead is coming every two weeks.

Walking Dead is coming every month, each episode will be 2 hours.
  • edited March 2012
    Oh alright, I guess i just missed them saying that. Thanks guys. Anyway, Playing Dead Ep2 will probly be here tomoro and im looking forward to it
  • edited March 2012
    I hope the videos out soon its late already :(
    edited March 2012
    All right, where EXACTLY did it say "two weeks"??
  • edited March 2012
    Its the first post of playing dead's episode one thread....

Sorry I can't copy and paste but it's not a very long first post.

And just for you vain - bi weekly means every 2 weeks or something occurring twice a week.

:)
  • edited March 2012
    All right, where EXACTLY did it say "two weeks"??

Here.

The first episode will be hitting iTunes, Xbox Live and PSN soon, and we'll have new episodes for you on a biweekly basis going forward, with 9 episodes in total.
  • edited March 2012
    He posted in that thread as well so I'm sure he saw it since it was in the first post and just didn't know what biweekly meant.
    If it had said every 2 weeks he wouldn't be asking this question, that's why he asks where EXACTLY did it say 2 weeks.

I've explained to him what biweekly means in my other post... so all is good now :)
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, yeah, all right, enough now. Me forgets. :D

I specifically asked for the "where", because I indeed couldn't find it any more AND am not used to TTG giving concrete time frames for anything. :D

The "biweekly" wasn't a language barrier at all though. That's even more Latin than the average English sentence. ;)
  • edited March 2012
    :)
    Now back to the waiting game
  • edited March 2012
    So, uh...it's been nearly three weeks since the first Playing Dead episode now.

What's the deal?
    edited March 2012
    They're coming out a little more slowly than I expected! The second episode is up, howerver! You can find it on GameTrailers and very shortly on the Telltale site. It includes Sean Vanaman and Gary Whitta talking more about story and the impact of player choices in the game. I say what I said before, then -- gameplay footage will be in a future episode of Playing Dead :)
  • edited March 2012
    I popped to the internet cafe to check the video there was not gameplay in the latest episode, hopefully we see something before the release :(
  • edited March 2012
    Ja1862 wrote: »
    I popped to the internet cafe to check the video there was not gameplay in the latest episode, hopefully we see something before the release :(

Aj Locasio mentioned that in the next episode we'd be seeing "the game in action."
  • edited March 2012
    Actually I don't mind if the game comes out before the clips :D lol
  • edited March 2012
    Gameplay footage will be available to see on Monday:

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/122/1220730p1.html
This discussion has been closed.