Will 'The Walking Dead' have a retail PS3 release?

I know when 'Back to the Future' was released it was download only. I know it was later released on disc. I want to know, preferably from someone from TTG if there ever will be a retail release on PS3 for this game?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    It's definitely possible, but it hasn't been confirmed or denied.

If you want me to guess, I wouldn't count on it. Telltale's games were meant to be downloaded.
  • edited March 2012

If you want me to guess, I wouldn't count on it. Telltale's games were meant to be downloaded.

Thanks for the reply, and I know they were meant to be downloaded, but look what they did for BBTF!

Edit: I just looked it up and the same thing was done with the Jurassic Park games!
  • edited March 2012

do u know know if we will have to pay with MS points or credit card ?
  • edited March 2012
    do u know know if we will have to pay with MS points or credit card ?

Uh....I guess that depends on the system. If you're doing the PC or PS3 version, you'd probably need your credit card. But if you're getting it off XBLA, then you'd need Microsoft Points.
  • edited March 2012
    Uh....I guess that depends on the system. If you're doing the PC or PS3 version, you'd probably need your credit card. But if you're getting it off XBLA, then you'd need Microsoft Points.

So if I want to preorder the game on Telltale's site, will I be able to download it on my xbox or should I wait to buy it through xbox live? I don't want to buy it twice but would rather get it at the cheaper preorder price.
  • edited March 2012
    So if I want to preorder the game on Telltale's site, will I be able to download it on my xbox or should I wait to buy it through xbox live? I don't want to buy it twice but would rather get it at the cheaper preorder price.

if you order it from this site it will be for the pc version of the game.
  • edited March 2012

Buying any game off Telltale's store will get you the PC/Mac version of the game. If you want it on the 360, you'll have to buy it off XBLA.
  • edited March 2012
    thanks man i hope its ms points i dont have a credit card lol
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks guys!
  • edited March 2012

I really, really, REALLY hope it comes out on PS3 disk, I'm trying to not tie up too much space on my PS3 hard drive! (altho I do have Monkey Island and Back To The Future there now).
  • edited March 2012
    id say expect its after the whole series is done and release then prolly see it in dvd format and with the major hype and want and demand of the walking dead franchise at the moment i can see telltale earning alot and i mean alot of money off of it if they play their cards right.I hope they make more seasons of it im getting tired of these seasons stopping after one. Only game ive seen go farther than one is sam and max and thsoe games are not the best.
  • edited March 2012
    thanks man i hope its ms points i dont have a credit card lol

If you are getting it on XBLA, it WILL be ms points, it has to. Any other format will be credit card.

XBLA-MS points
    Others-credit card.
  • edited March 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    Only game ive seen go farther than one is sam and max and thsoe games are not the best.

...Seriously?
  • edited March 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    If you are getting it on XBLA, it WILL be ms points, it has to. Any other format will be credit card.

XBLA-MS points
    Others-credit card.
    thats lucky for me lol do u know how much episodes will be each 300 400 ms points
  • edited March 2012
    I'm going to guess whatever the MS Points equivalent of $5 is.
  • edited March 2012
    I'm going to guess whatever the MS Points equivalent of $5 is.

400 is $5 in Microsoft Fun Bucks.
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Scnew wrote: »
    400 is $5 in Microsoft Fun Bucks.

It's like regular money but twice as fun!™
This discussion has been closed.