Pre-order question

I feel a little stupid having to post this - the answer seems obvious but I did a little digging and couldn't find a definitive answer.

If I pre-order the game on the site, how do I determine which system it's for? Has someone who's pre-ordered it gotten instructions?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Pre-ordering through Telltale's site is for the Mac/PC version only.

Console versions, when available, will be sold through your consoles respective storefronts (Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network's store).
  • edited March 2012
    Glad I asked. Thanks so much!
  • edited March 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    Pre-ordering through Telltale's site is for the Mac/PC version only.

Console versions, when available, will be sold through your consoles respective storefronts (Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network's store).

If I take advantage of that offer for almost all the other telltale games is there a way to see if those are steamworks games? Or is there a telltale distribution/download manager I must use? I cant find that info anywhere.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Games bought from the Telltale site are their own independent thing, separate from Steam. They don't have a unified "Telltale Launcher" or anything -- they just install like any other game. There's a permanent games library page on the Telltale site you can log in to to re-download the games as well.

Also, like all our games, Walking Dead will be released on Steam, but I don't know when (or if!) Steam pre-orders will exist. I also believe the "be a zombie" contest (and marked down price) are specific to the Telltale site's preorder promotion.

(Someone from marketing may appear in this thread at some point and correct me on any of that, though, so beware! I am but a humble developer.)
  • edited March 2012
    Later we will have the disc version, so that those who buy now, pay only for sending later? Like the other titles Telltale?
  • edited March 2012
    Roberta wrote: »
    Later we will have the disc version, so that those who buy now, pay only for sending later? Like the other titles Telltale?

Good question.

One more thing: Could you fix the buttons images issue from preorder web, please? It only occurs on IE.

Thank you a lot.
  • edited March 2012
    One little question about the "Almost Everything Pack"...

With only 42,49 $ (total) I can get

1 - The Walking Dead Complete (when it comes out, obviously)
    2 - Sam & Max Seasons 1, 2 & 3
    3 - Back to the Future Complete
    4 - Jurassic Park Complete
    5 - Law and Order Complete
    6 - Hector Complete
    7 - Puzzle Agent
    8 - Strong Bad's
    9 - Puzzle Agent 2

Right?

I already have the numbers 3,4,7. So, can I give another codes for these games, as a gift to another user?
  • edited March 2012
    One little question about the "Almost Everything Pack"...

With only 42,49 $ (total) I can get

1 - The Walking Dead Complete (when it comes out, obviously)
    2 - Sam & Max Seasons 1, 2 & 3
    3 - Back to the Future Complete
    4 - Jurassic Park Complete
    5 - Law and Order Complete
    6 - Hector Complete
    7 - Puzzle Agent
    8 - Strong Bad's
    9 - Puzzle Agent 2

Right?

I already have the numbers 3,4,7. So, can I give another codes for these games, as a gift to another user?

Might be better to ask this in the Telltale Shop forum.
  • edited March 2012
    xbskid wrote: »
    Might be better to ask this in the Telltale Shop forum.

Thanks!! :)
  • edited March 2012
    Does anyone know if the Insider Forums are open yet? I've pre-ordered the season (although it took a while for the order to come through on Telltale's end, but everything's okay now), but I don't have access to the insider forums.
  • edited March 2012
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Insider Forums are open yet? I've pre-ordered the season (although it took a while for the order to come through on Telltale's end, but everything's okay now), but I don't have access to the insider forums.

Me neither and I've preordered too.
  • edited March 2012
    If I preorder through the TellTale site does that include a copy on Steam too?
  • edited March 2012
    can anyone see the insider forums?
  • edited March 2012
    Jeffro wrote: »
    If I preorder through the TellTale site does that include a copy on Steam too?

No. If you want the game on Steam, you'll need to buy it on Steam.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    Me neither and I've preordered too.
    big-augen wrote: »
    can anyone see the insider forums?

The insider forum is indeed live. If you've pre-ordered from Telltale's store and can't see it, please post in this thread and I'm sure one of the Telltale guys will sort you out. Thanks!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Judging from previous games, getting to see the insider forum takes some hours (and indeed a manual activation by one of the Telltale guys). Hitting F5 to re-load the forum index page can't hurt also. The forum should appear under the regular Walking Dead forum then.
  • edited March 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    The insider forum is indeed live. If you've pre-ordered from Telltale's store and can't see it, please post in this thread and I'm sure one of the Telltale guys will sort you out. Thanks!

Thank you very much, puzzlebox.
  • edited March 2012
    I read that you can enter the contest by sending Telltale a letter. But you're automatically included into the draw by pre-ordering. How will they obtain the photograph if you get selected? Do I still have to send or upload it somewhere?
  • edited March 2012
    Woder wrote: »
    I read that you can enter the contest by sending Telltale a letter. But you're automatically included into the draw by pre-ordering. How will they obtain the photograph if you get selected? Do I still have to send or upload it somewhere?

I think the winners will send in their photos after they've been chosen.
  • edited March 2012
    Is there even a release date yet i know they keep saying april but yeah it be nice to see a solid date.
  • edited March 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    Is there even a release date yet i know they keep saying april but yeah it be nice to see a solid date.

Telltale's not too good with giving exact release dates. There have been times where games were just...released with no announcement that would be the date beforehand.
  • crofaelcrofael Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Telltale's not too good with giving exact release dates. There have been times where games were just...released with no announcement that would be the date beforehand.

Soon(TM).

Wait, crap, now we owe Blizzard five million dollars.
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    crofael wrote: »
    Soon(TM).

Wait, crap, now we owe Blizzard five million dollars.

You should have used the knock off version: Posthaste™
  • edited March 2012
    I was wondering when the game was going to come out for console's(xbox 360)
  • edited March 2012
    conner1998 wrote: »
    I was wondering when the game was going to come out for console's(xbox 360)

Same time as the other versions, I assume. Episode 1 comes out in April.
This discussion has been closed.