the one thing that worries me...

edited March 2012 in The Walking Dead
Spending to much time on characters from the comics, hopefully they play very minor parts in this game.
I would hate to see only a handful of new interesting characters and instead lots of cameos from the comic book guys...

Only because we know their fate, the originals won't be in this game to die because that would go against the comics.
Hopefully they don't sacrifice new characters for the sake of pleasing comic fabs, I'm a fan of the comic but id much rather have lots new interesting characters who's fates arnt already pre set, people who can come in die within a episode or join you, help you etc.

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Well, if you watch the trailer you will see that Lee meets new characters. Are they a new group or are they part from the original Rick's group? We don't know.

Depending our choices in-game they will survive or not. I think there's impossible keep all alive and some of the new characters will have to die.

It's part of drama! ;)
  • edited March 2012
    Although some comic characters will appear (Glenn is in the first episode, for example), the cast is mostly original. See, since the game is supposed to be set in the same continuity as the comic, the comic's cast can only appear in this game during a time in the comic when they're not around.

I think they said something about a Rick cameo in one of the Playing Dead episodes (could be wrong about that). Not sure how that'd be done.
  • edited March 2012
    I thought only the first episode takes place when rick is in a coma?
    I mean he can't have been in the coma for very long anyway without a doctor or nurse changing his drip etc he would die from loss of water and food.

Hopefully we meet tons of interesting original good and bad characters during this story.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    I think they said something about a Rick cameo in one of the Playing Dead episodes (could be wrong about that). Not sure how that'd be done.

You may have imagined that.

The first episode is the only one which takes place during the unaccounted-for time in Rick's story. With episode 2 on we are existing concurrently with events from the main Walking Dead story (though in a different part of the state). There are plenty of original characters, good, bad, and in between... I think the Walking Dead has the biggest cast of a Telltale season by quite a lot.
  • edited March 2012
    Jake wrote: »

The first episode is the only one which takes place during the unaccounted-for time in Rick's story. With episode 2 on we are existing concurrently with events from the main Walking Dead story (though in a different part of the state). There are plenty of original characters, good, bad, and in between... I think the Walking Dead has the biggest cast of a Telltale season by quite a lot.

Meaning that the original cast could only appear there once, but then there are others such as Hershel, Michonne, etc... who could still cameo, how many comic book characters are in this if you can say?
    edited March 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Meaning that the original cast could only appear there once, but then there are others such as Hershel, Michonne, etc... who could still cameo, how many comic book characters are in this if you can say?

I don't know if I can say but early on in the story there are a handful, some of whom stick around for a bit and others (like Glenn) have to get a move on pretty quick because as we know, they have lives to live outside our story.
  • edited March 2012

The biggest cast of any Telltale season, eh? That's interesting. Let me count how many characters were in Sam and Max Season 1, just for an example.

1. Sam
    2. Max
    3. Sybil
    4. Bosco
    5. Jimmy Two-Teeth
    6. Specs
    7. Whizzer
    8. Peepers
    9. Brady Culture
    10. The Director
    11. Hugh Bliss (I'll count the Internet Wizard here too since they're pretty much the same.)
    12. Myra Stump (I'll count Auntie Biotic here too, see above.)
    13. Mr. Featherly
    14. Bessie
    15. Leonard Steakcharmer
    16. Harry Moleman
    17. A whole bunch of Toy Mafia bears that I'll count as one character for convenience's sake.
    18. Chuckles
    19. The President
    20. Abraham Lincoln
    21. Superball
    22. Curt
    23. Bob
    24. Bluster Blaster
    25. Chippy
    26. The Internet
    27. The Bug

So...more than 27 characters, at least?
    edited March 2012
    The biggest cast of any Telltale season, eh? That's interesting. Let me count how many characters were in Sam and Max Season 1, just for an example.

1. Sam
    2. Max
    3. Sybil
    4. Bosco
    5. Jimmy Two-Teeth
    6. Specs
    7. Whizzer
    8. Peepers
    9. Brady Culture
    10. The Director
    11. Hugh Bliss (I'll count the Internet Wizard here too since they're pretty much the same.)
    13. Mr. Featherly
    14. Bessie
    15. Leonard Steakcharmer
    16. Harry Moleman
    17. A whole bunch of Toy Mafia bears that I'll count as one character for convenience's sake.
    18. Chuckles
    19. The President
    20. Abraham Lincoln
    21. Superball
    22. Curt
    23. Bob
    24. Bluster Blaster
    25. Chippy
    26. The Internet
    27. The Bug

Yep. Season Two or Three can't count because they are sequels with the benefit of a full existing cast, but yeah WD's cast is already bigger than Sam & Max Season One's, even without counting the zombies (of which there are also many). You need a lot of people in a zombie apocalypse story, for obvious reasons.
  • edited March 2012

1. Sam
    2. Max
    3. Sybil
    4. Bosco
    5. Jimmy Two-Teeth
    6. Specs
    7. Whizzer
    8. Peepers
    9. Brady Culture
    10. The Director
    13. Mr. Featherly
    14. Bessie
    15. Leonard Steakcharmer
    16. Harry Moleman
    18. Chuckles
    19. The President
    20. Abraham Lincoln
    21. Superball
    22. Curt
    23. Bob
    24. Bluster Blaster
    25. Chippy
    26. The Internet
    27. The Bug

Max's 3 personalities at the end as well.
    edited March 2012
    Max's 3 personalities at the end as well.

Yer gonna count "max colored red" as a new character? Oh, well, we do have a bunch of costume changes this time around as well. We're pretty happy about that. In cartoon games, or games whose stories take place over a very short period of time, it's okay for everyone to wear the same thing all the time, but in a story like WD, it would be weird if Lee had that blue shirt on forever.
  • edited March 2012
    Yer gonna count "max colored red" as a new character? Oh, well, we do have a bunch of costume changes this time around as well. We're pretty happy about that. In cartoon games, or games whose stories take place over a very short period of time, it's okay for everyone to wear the same thing all the time, but in a story like WD, it would be weird if Lee had that blue shirt on forever.

Well I count them different because they technically aren't max, but part of max as characters. Or its been a really long time since I've played Season 1 and forgot it.
  • edited March 2012

We should also count each of Bosco's disguises as separate characters too. :p

(1,111st post! The Soldier would be proud.)
  • edited March 2012
    We should also count each of Bosco's disguises as separate characters too. :p

(1,111st post! The Soldier would be proud.)

Wait what? When did Bosco disguised? Wait a minute... Those were him? Even his mother?
  • edited March 2012
    Wait what? When did Bosco disguised? Wait a minute... Those were him? Even his mother?

I know it's hard to believe, but yes, all those people at the store were secretly Bosco in disguise. It's a bit of a shock when you first figure it out, especially since there's almost nothing in the game to give it away.
This discussion has been closed.