Purchasing on Xbox live marketplace

Hi all, I have been looking into which platform I would like to play the game on, and have decided that Xbox is the best choice. However, when I looked into the game on marketplace it said that future episodes will be available as dlc. Does that mean that I will be charged for every episode? Or is it the same for Xbox as it is for pc, that one payment entitles me to every episode?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Why do you think the 360 is the best choice? Just curious. :p

Anyway, I don't know how it works, but I'm going to guess it's one of these.

1. You pay the game's full price for Episode 1, with Episodes 2-5 gradually being available as "free" DLC.

2. You pay 1/5 of the price for Episode 1, with Episodes 2-5 being released as DLC for the same price.
  • edited March 2012
    Thank you for the response, I would hope it's the former, and if it is the latter I hope that the total cost isn't more than what they are charging for the pc version.

I've chosen Xbox as my pc isn't the best at running games, and seeing as I can't find any system requirements for this game, I'd rather not run the risk and get the game on a platform that I know will run it smoothly.
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah, price might be an issue with consoles. Does anyone know how much the XBLA versions of Wallace and Gromit cost compared to the PC version?

I remember the WiiWare versions of SBCG4AP and Tales cost $10 an episode. Which was ridiculous.
  • edited March 2012
    They announced each episode will cost $5 (400MSP) on Xbox. Since there will be 5 episodes, the price ends up the same for the Xbox and PC version of the game).

Source: http://www.xblafans.com/the-walking-dead-episodes-priced-at-400-msp-42817.html
  • edited March 2012
    mathman77 wrote: »
    They announced each episode will cost $5 (400MSP) on Xbox. Since there will be 5 episodes, the price ends up the same for the Xbox and PC version of the game).

Source: http://www.xblafans.com/the-walking-dead-episodes-priced-at-400-msp-42817.html

Thanks for this. I've been looking all over the web. Cheer Mate!
  • edited March 2012
    Thank you mathman! Then I have no problem with getting it on the Xbox, it's good to finally clear that up.
  • edited March 2012
    mathman77 wrote: »

Why can't PSN do this? Or I hope they do. I really want to buy them 1 at a time.
  • edited March 2012
    rpgcrazied wrote: »
    Why can't PSN do this? Or I hope they do. I really want to buy them 1 at a time.

You can absolutely buy each episode one at a time on PS3 if you so choose.
  • edited March 2012
    You can absolutely buy each episode one at a time on PS3 if you so choose.

Its just at launch, right? Cause the other games by you guys are season only. I do see some back to the future ones by themselves, but it tells me not authorized to download them.
  • edited March 2012
    rpgcrazied wrote: »
    Its just at launch, right? Cause the other games by you guys are season only. I do see some back to the future ones by themselves, but it tells me not authorized to download them.

As far as I know, you'll be able to buy each episode as they come out throughout the length of the season on PSN. You do get a sweet premium theme if you buy the Season Pass, though. :)
  • edited March 2012
    I'm sure. :) I'm just strapped for cash. I do have like $19 in my PSN wallet though. I will have more funds after I buy the first couple of episodes. I'll gladly buy them if they can be bought separate. :) Thanks for the help.
  • edited March 2012
    Why is The Walking Dead Arcade Game for Xbox 360 Available for Preorder on anyother site, like Amazon or Ebay ect.?
  • edited March 2012
    Why is The Walking Dead Arcade Game for Xbox 360 Available for Preorder on anyother site, like Amazon or Ebay ect.?

Because XBLA games can only be purchased off XBLA. Amazon is for physical games.
This discussion has been closed.