Game Play Test

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Just wondering if you might be able to place a game play test for episode 1, maybe the first 10 minutes.

I would love to see how the game play is going to act and how the controls will be used. Is this possible?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Most likely no. Sometimes Telltale does release a short demo for their games, but I haven't seen one since they started working on their newer titles.
  • edited April 2012
    I doubt it because supposedly this month swas supposedly the release so chances are this close they will just simply release the game and its an adventure game i doubt they will have to test the controls much.
  • edited April 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    I doubt it because supposedly this month swas supposedly the release so chances are this close they will just simply release the game and its an adventure game i doubt they will have to test the controls much.

LOL, Supposedly? Its only the first day of April... they have a whole month to release it and be on time.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    I don't know about every platform but I know that there will be a demo on the Xbox 360 version because every game in Xbox Live Arcade has a demo.
  • edited April 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't know about every platform but I know that there will be a demo on the Xbox 360 version because every game in Xbox Live Arcade has a demo.

If you get any info on a PC or PS3 demo, could you please post here or make another thread? I know I am buying it already, but I like to play demos to pass time until games come out. Thanks man keep up the good work. :)
  • edited April 2012

Well I was hoping that you would say that. Im still buying it, I just wanted to have the demo for friends to play so they dont go messing up my episodes.
    Thanks
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Ispep wrote: »
    Well I was hoping that you would say that. Im still buying it, I just wanted to have the demo for friends to play so they dont go messing up my episodes.
    Thanks

You'll also get 3 save slots, so don't worry, it won't be like that time I let my friend play my Pokemon game and they over-wrote my save file :(
  • edited April 2012

Is the demo going to be the full first episode, like the demo versions of the first two Sam and Max seasons were, or just part of the episode?
  • edited April 2012
    You'll also get 3 save slots, so don't worry, it won't be like that time I let my friend play my Pokemon game and they over-wrote my save file :(

Awww. Did you capture a legendary?
  • edited April 2012
    The episode is just 5$. Just don´t preorder the full game, what do you have to loose :)
  • edited April 2012
    DrRadon wrote: »
    The episode is just 5$. Just don´t preorder the full game, what do you have to loose :)

$5 apparently. But it looks like as long as you have a 360, you are good on demos.
  • edited April 2012
    lol overwriting a save sucks i remember final fantasy 1 on nes and well only 1 save and some lamebrain saved over like 30+ hours i was sooo angry (sorry off topics just made me remember that old time.)
  • crofaelcrofael Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Is the demo going to be the full first episode, like the demo versions of the first two Sam and Max seasons were, or just part of the episode?

It will be part of the first episode, not the entire thing.
    edited April 2012

The Sam & Max games, when they were new, had short demos, not a full free episode. The Walking Dead is the same way -- there will be a demo which includes a portion of the first episode.
  • G.RossG.Ross Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012

Squirtle?
  • edited April 2012
    The Sam & Max games, when they were new, had short demos, not a full free episode. The Walking Dead is the same way -- there will be a demo which includes a portion of the first episode.

Wait the sam and max games have full episodes as demos?

I know Abe Lincoln must die for Season 1, what was Season 2's?
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »

I don't think it was permanent but I know Ice Station Santa has been offered for free numerous times.
    edited April 2012
    Wait the sam and max games have full episodes as demos?

I can't tell if this is a troll post or a misunderstanding. I said the Sam & Max seasons did NOT have free episodes as demos, especially when they were new. Abe Lincoln Must Die was released for free well after the main run of the season. Other individual episodes have since been temporarily released or given away for free as part of promotions, but never as "the demo."
  • edited April 2012
    There will also be a demo on the PS3 as well. :)
  • edited April 2012
    I can't tell if this is a troll post or a misunderstanding. I said the Sam & Max seasons did NOT have free episodes as demos, especially when they were new. Abe Lincoln Must Die was released for free well after the main run of the season. Other individual episodes have since been temporarily released or given away for free as part of promotions, but never as "the demo."

I misinterpreted the part in bold as there being a demo for season 2 when it was new, and now having a free episode instead of what you clarified above.
    edited April 2012
    I misinterpreted the part in bold as there being a demo for season 2 when it was new, and now having a free episode instead of what you clarified above.

Ahh! My apologies.
  • edited April 2012
    I hope so bad that the gameplay will be much smoother then JP. JP was fun to play but the controls and stuff didn't really felt smooth.
This discussion has been closed.