First in-depth hands-on preview from IGN.

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222545p1.html

Greg Miller over at IGN got a chance to play the entire first episode last week and posted his thoughts on the experience this morning. Check it out!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222545p1.html

Greg Miller over at IGN got a chance to play the entire first episode last week and posted his thoughts on the experience this morning. Check it out!

Lucky guy this Greg Miller.

I can't wait to play the game!!!
  • edited April 2012
    Looks really good. I loved the sort of laidback story in 'The First 4 Minutes' video.

One thing, it wouldn't let me watch 'R.I.P Lee' and 'Make a Choice'. I clicked the video and the ad came on, after that it didn't load the video. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • edited April 2012
    Huuum...... very interesting...

IGN talking good is a good sign.
  • edited April 2012
    Razorneck wrote: »
    One thing, it wouldn't let me watch 'R.I.P Lee' and 'Make a Choice'. I clicked the video and the ad came on, after that it didn't load the video. Does anyone else have this problem?

Both of them are playing for me in Chrome.
  • edited April 2012
    i hate game media outlets they always get the game before the actualy payin custermors lol i just hate em now lol.
  • edited April 2012
    How spoilerly would this be? I don't really want anything story wise spoiled, just how the gameplay is.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    The article itself is pretty spoiler free, and describes the game in general terms, but you might want to avoid the videos and screenshots if you want to stay spoiler free on the narrative content of the game.
  • edited April 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    The article itself is pretty spoiler free, and describes the game in general terms, but you might want to avoid the videos and screenshots if you want to stay spoiler free on the narrative content of the game.

Ok so just don't watch the vids/screenshots, not too bad then.
  • edited April 2012
    Interesting indeed. :)
  • edited April 2012
    Nice read, I completely avoided the videos, but that so far sounds like I what I want in a Walking Dead game.

However, I still don't like 2 hours an episode. So much hype is going to lead up, 2 hours BOOM, the end. Wait a month. Then again, that's what happens on movies isn't it?

Yes I will be replaying the game because of the choices, but not until all 5 are out, I don't like the idea of having 3 different cliffhangers.
  • G.RossG.Ross Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Yeah the videos are the biggest source of spoilers. But they look so nice :)
  • edited April 2012
    G.Ross wrote: »
    Yeah the videos are the biggest source of spoilers. But they look so nice :)

*Looks at your title* Yeah you probably would want me to take a look at the videos wouldn't you mr."cinematic artist":p

I'll see those when I play the game and be even more shocked and awed that way.
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    *Looks at your title* Yeah you probably would want me to take a look at the videos wouldn't you mr."cinematic artist":p

Good plan. Wish I could do that! They're awesome looking *goes and looks* :p
  • edited April 2012
    In the video; Make a Choice
    you see Hershel shooting zombies. I believe in the comic he didn't do this until after he met Rick. May I ask why this was done, as I feel it isn't entirely true to the comic.

Otherwise great videos.
  • G.RossG.Ross Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »

That's what they call me around here :)
  • edited April 2012
    For an in-depth preview it wasn't very "in-depth".. Still I'm looking forward to playing this.. The choices you will have to make are a lot more interesting to me than the graphic nature of the kills and blood & gore of it all..
  • edited April 2012
    Must resist urge to watch the videos
  • edited April 2012
    Hero1 wrote: »
    For an in-depth preview it wasn't very "in-depth".. Still I'm looking forward to playing this.. The choices you will have to make are a lot more interesting to me than the graphic nature of the kills and blood & gore of it all..

Well "in-depth as it can get without spoiling the story" is too long of a title.
  • edited April 2012
    I couldn't resist had to watch the videos...:(
This discussion has been closed.