Some simple questions about TWD...

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
First, can not wait for this!!!

Next, so is the pre-order for the entire series or just the first episode? So $24.99 for all 5 episodes right?

Last, more of a comment. Seeing that the first episode will be about 2 hours in length, does waiting a month for each episode make any sense? That is a long time between sessions. Unless there is some replayability to each episode. I could be dead in 5 months.....then a zombie.

Thanks

Comments

• harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Solid11 wrote: »
    First, can not wait for this!!!

Next, so is the pre-order for the entire series or just the first episode? So $24.99 for all 5 episodes right?

Yup, that's the cost for the entire season. What a deal, right?
  • edited April 2012
    Really good deal I admit, but what about my death and being a zombie in waiting?.......

Gaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • edited April 2012
    This is the same kind of conundrum I ran into with Mass Effect games....

YES there is replayability! You can make different choices, have different characters die, do and say different things with differing results and change how other characters feel about you.....

The problem is, do you want to immediately go back and replay another save file with different actions? I didn't with ME cuz there's no way I'd keep track of multiple diff choices in same scenarios. I want to play thru all 5 seasons once, get my satisfying gamegasm, then start over from the beginning.

I'm not sure how I'll pass the time waiting for the other seasons.... I guess Max Payne 3 and Sniper Elite V2
  • edited April 2012
    yea i was wondering about this too just a measly 5 episodes i wish t hey would have let Tel do more...
  • edited April 2012
    Ya just when you get into the game it's over and you wait 718 hours until you can continue with the story. So either don't play any of them until the final one is released or replay what ever episodes you have when each is released. I never could put down a book when it started getting good, can't with games either.
    I hope there is more than 5.
  • edited April 2012
    Solid11 wrote: »
    Ya just when you get into the game it's over and you wait 718 hours until you can continue with the story. So either don't play any of them until the final one is released or replay what ever episodes you have when each is released. I never could put down a book when it started getting good, can't with games either.
    I hope there is more than 5.

You obviously don't read TWD comic book then.....

There's almost ALWAYS a cliffhanger every month, and then you have the agonizing month or more wait for the next issue! SUCKS. However they're almost to issue 100(96 came out yesterday, it was so-so. Least interesting issue in the whole series but still good) so they will be coming out every 3 weeks for the next few months which will be nice.

At least it will be 2-3hrs of gameplay instead of 20min of comic reading? Tryin to look on the brightside lol I hope the wait doesn't kill us
  • edited April 2012
    I actually thought when they said you get 5 episodes that you get to play through the entire 5 episodes upon release it sucks having to wait each month to continue the game...:{
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    I actually thought when they said you get 5 episodes that you get to play through the entire 5 episodes upon release it sucks having to wait each month to continue the game...:{

They wouldn't really be episodes if they all came out at once, it would just be a game split into chapters. Just like a TV show or a comic book, you can wait a bit and play them in bigger chunks, or you can play them as they come out serially and talk about them with your friends, speculate as to what will happen, and get annoyed about the time between episodes together as a group!
  • edited April 2012
    i think your right on Jake about us being annoyed by the wait lol
  • edited April 2012
    i think your right on Jake about us being annoyed by the wait lol

It is misery that binds us.
    And that is how we overcome a zombie apocalypse... or even the wait for each episode. :D
  • edited April 2012
    yea i was wondering about this too just a measly 5 episodes i wish t hey would have let Tel do more...

Uhhh. What? Telltale themselves chose 5 episodes, they almost always have that many episodes for their games.
  • edited April 2012
    The waiting between episodes is a bummer for sure, but this is going to be no "measly 5 episodes"..... At at least 2 HOURS a piece, that'll be 10-15hrs of gameplay for $25. Add to that you can probably replay it at least 3 times with some very different outcomes and you get 30-45 HOURS of gameplay. So... 55-75CENTS per hour of game. What other visual entertainment medium can you claim that?!?!? Not comic books, movies, dvds, magazines or most games offer that! I've bought so many games for $60 that last me about 12hrs and I'm done with them forever. TellTale have some of the best values in the world for interactive media.
  • SynSyn
    edited April 2012
    Or just wait until Christmas and buy the Telltale Pack on Steam. Given how things have worked in the past The Walking Dead should be part of it. Plus, you won't have to wait a month (or more) between episodes.
  • edited April 2012
    Syn wrote: »
    Or just wait until Christmas and buy the Telltale Pack on Steam. Given how things have worked in the past The Walking Dead should be part of it. Plus, you won't have to wait a month (or more) between episodes.

Yes but then you need to wait until December for them all as well.

That being the only trade off though. I like the wait for speculation and seeing what others did and stuff, so I won't be doing that.
  • SynSyn
    edited April 2012
    That's how I consume most media. I really hate waiting for the next episode of something. All serialized tv shows that I watch I wait until the end of the season to watch.

Walking Dead, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Fringe, and so on. They're mostly designed to end on a cliff hanger and make you really want to see the next episode. Just wait until the end and you'll save yourself a hell of a lot of anticipation and angst.
This discussion has been closed.