Raving Rabbids 2 vs World of Max

2»

Comments

• edited May 2007
    lol
  • edited May 2007
    The "Giant Menacing Presence Looming Over Our Vulnerable Little Planet in the Void of Space" is a powerful, iconic image and certainly didn't originate with Telltale or Ubisoft, so I don't think it's particularly unreasonable to assume they could have both drawn inspiration independently from the same well, even with the temporal coincidence.
  • edited May 2007
    That is a possibility Ted, yes, but extremely unlikely. They apparently occurred within a week or two of each other, and the companies are in bussiness with each other, which is a strong correllation, I believe. Doesn't really matter though, it's free advertising! Suckers, mohahaha! :p
  • edited May 2007
    The "Giant Menacing Presence Looming Over Our Vulnerable Little Planet in the Void of Space" is a powerful, iconic image and certainly didn't originate with Telltale or Ubisoft, so I don't think it's particularly unreasonable to assume they could have both drawn inspiration independently from the same well, even with the temporal coincidence.

According the article linked earlier in the thread, both are parodies of a sci-fi movie poster from the atomic age of film.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    I was going for a 2001: A Space Odyssey type thing, though comparisons to the Spielberg War of the Worlds poster, or the new Transformers poster are also probably valid. Why not, right? As Ted said, having a big looming thing over the Earth certainly isn't an original idea... but to my knowledge, having a video game ad which featured giant 3D cartooney rabbit ears popping out of the top of the Earth was only done one other time before Rayman did it :)
  • edited May 2007
    If this isn't a ripoff then I don't know what is! Sam and Max did it first, they had the picture released way before the first raving rabits even hit the wii.
  • edited May 2007
    http://m-w.com/dictionary/homage
    2 a : expression of high regard : RESPECT -- often used with pay b : something that shows respect or attests to the worth or influence of another : TRIBUTE <his long life filled with international homages to his unique musical talent -- People>
Sign in to comment in this discussion.