3D Vision support?

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Does this game have 3D Vision support?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    No. Why would it?
  • edited April 2012
    I just checked law and order and jurassic park with the nvidia 3D, they're fine in 3D with the exception of the 2D elements being rendered in 2D giving them the wrong depth.

My guess is expect the same for TWD. If you're fine with the 2D render depth it should be fine.
  • edited April 2012
    Back to the Future was great in 3D! I'm hoping this works just as easily but since there is no profile, I'm not sure.
  • edited April 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    I just checked law and order and jurassic park with the nvidia 3D, they're fine in 3D with the exception of the 2D elements being rendered in 2D giving them the wrong depth.

My guess is expect the same for TWD. If you're fine with the 2D render depth it should be fine.
    Marlin wrote: »
    Back to the Future was great in 3D! I'm hoping this works just as easily but since there is no profile, I'm not sure.

Wait, like pop out of screen 3D? BTTF had that?
  • SegSeg
    edited April 2012
    There is no official 3D vision (or whatever it's called) support for The Walking Dead. Nor has there been for any Telltale Games title.

What's being mentioned in this thread are 3rd party tools that try to make the existing game work on with the 3D vision tech. Certainly won't stop you, but it's not officially supported or authored.

The fates help you if you attempt to play Puzzle Agent on that tech...
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Wait, like pop out of screen 3D? BTTF had that?

Yes - starting with the Sam and Max series, Monkey Island, WallaceGrommit, Jurassic Park despite there being no official support.

The pop-out is extreme on default - you'll need to reduce adjust to narrow the convergence to a comfortable level and maintain depth.

Just tried Walking dead ep1 - and it works nicely so far! I don't see any rendering errors yet.
  • edited April 2012
    I played the entire 1st episode with 3D on. It's not great, but on low setting it adds a little depth and is cool enough for me to give it a thumbs up.

Alienware OptXAW2310 Monitor
    GTX570-2.5G V-Ram
  • TWDTWD
    edited April 2012
    Works almost perfectly:

Some close screen edge textures will disapear: It's common and it does not really matter.
    Menus will probably be messed up: This depends about your 3DVision depth/convergence settings. It's also common and it does not really matter, just click "Play"...
    Mouse is 3D, but will be at wrong depth (too deep): This could be annoying.

Careful, you have to use 3DVision settings to setup the depth correctly until 3D Vision support gets out:

In NVIDIA control panel (windows desktop, left click)
    - Stereoscopic 3D
    - Setup Stereoscopic 3D
    - Check: Enable stereoscopic 3D
    - Click: Set Keyboard Shortcuts
    - Then click: Show advanced in-games settings
    - Check: Enable advanced in-games settings
    - OK
    - Apply

Lauch the game then: Press CTRL + ALT + INSER, to close the green OSD message.

Then: (FYI: No OSD will appear here)
    Use CTRL + F5, leave the buttons pressed a while, to set low convergence. Objects must not be too close to you. But then, if really nothing pop out, you can hold CTRL + F6, to adjust that.

Then: (This time, OSD will appear)
    When you have finish, CTRL + F7 to save the convergence profile, to avoid restart the 3D setup every time you lauch the game. You could anyway change 3D settings whenever you want, save it again with CTRL + F7.

Then: (OSD will appear)
    CTRL + F4, set up between 20% (Low depth) to 100% (High Depth).
    100% is the setup to have, but if you're not use to 3D gaming, set a lower value (CTRL + F3), then increase depth time to time until match at least 90%.

Now, die of fear ! But have fun anyway.
  • TWDTWD
    edited April 2012
    I've updated 3DVision settings above.

C ya :cool:
  • edited April 2012
    TWD wrote: »
    I've updated 3DVision settings above.

C ya :cool:

Great post!

I'm surprised how well Telltale adventures work with 3d vision after a few adjustments.
This discussion has been closed.