Walking Dead Limited or Deluxe Edition - Telltale Store?

Hi Telltale!

I have an important question for you which I haven't seen posted anywhere on the forums.
I've used the search feature extensively and found nothing related to this topic.

So, I'm a collector. I'm also a BIG fan of Walking Dead. Your new game looks incredibly awesome. Big thumbs up on what appears to be great work so far. You have had limited or Deluxe editions for two recent game series' - Back to the Future and Jurassic Park - so do you plan to do the same for this Walking Dead game? You may not want to comment as it's too early to discuss the release of a "compiled" deluxe or limited edition but I think it's safe to assume that since this game is your most ambitious project yet, and likely one of your best, you probably have something real nice planned for the Telltale store. Am I right? ;)

Comments

• edited April 2012
    It is too early in the release schedule for the game to announce anything, but we're definitely looking into the possibility here.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    It is too early in the release schedule for the game to announce anything, but we're definitely looking into the possibility here.
    It's ok. I figured it was too early but just wanted to throw this out there so fans and Telltale can think about it. Thanks for the reply Mike! I think this game will be more than worthy for an awesome limited or deluxe edition.

I can't wait to play and collect the game!
    :cool:

PS
    Can you tell me when I can preorder Walking Dead game on PSN w/ the exclusive theme? I saw an article in playstation Blog today but the game and theme are not on the store yet. I got confused because isn't the game coming this Tuesday?:confused:
  • edited April 2012
    I'd say it's a no-brainer for a license of this magnitude, considering the hype, how hot the property currently is, and that it's a still-developing entity as opposed to a slice of nostalgic fun.

Only a matter of seeing the episodes released.
  • edited April 2012
    oneway23 wrote: »
    I'd say it's a no-brainer for a license of this magnitude, considering the hype, how hot the property currently is, and that it's a still-developing entity as opposed to a slice of nostalgic fun.

Only a matter of seeing the episodes released.
    Exactly what I was thinking! But it never hurts to put it out there for discussion. This way Telltale sees people really care about the collectible stuff and that's certainly a good thing for fans.

Do you happen to know about the release date for PS3 (and preorder availability)? I will buy it on PSN and PC, but most anxious to get on PS3 first.
  • edited April 2012
    It's ok. I figured it was too early but just wanted to throw this out there so fans and Telltale can think about it. Thanks for the reply Mike! I think this game will be more than worthy for an awesome limited or deluxe edition.

I can't wait to play and collect the game!
    :cool:

PS
    Can you tell me when I can preorder Walking Dead game on PSN w/ the exclusive theme? I saw an article in playstation Blog today but the game and theme are not on the store yet. I got confused because isn't the game coming this Tuesday?:confused:

It'll be available tomorrow on PSN. The pre-order is how they're referring to the Season Pass, because you can purchase individual episodes on PSN. The Season Pass will get you the theme.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    It'll be available tomorrow on PSN. The pre-order is how they're referring to the Season Pass, because you can purchase individual episodes on PSN. The Season Pass will get you the theme.
    Ah...

Well then, thank you very much Mike! I appreciate the info. Sooo excited to play... :D
  • edited April 2012
    Is that the same for XBL? Whenever I type "the walking dead" into the bing search one of the quick results is "the walking dead premium theme" but then you pick that as your search and it comes back with no results. This skyrim theme got old fast, I need a TWD theme! And under TWD game on XBL it's only view trailer or rate, no pre-order or season pass. Hope I can get the theme!
  • edited April 2012
    Is that the same for XBL? Whenever I type "the walking dead" into the bing search one of the quick results is "the walking dead premium theme" but then you pick that as your search and it comes back with no results. This skyrim theme got old fast, I need a TWD theme! And under TWD game on XBL it's only view trailer or rate, no pre-order or season pass. Hope I can get the theme!
    I don't think so. This theme being talked about for Walking Dead game is for PS3 only (from the pictures I've seen). I don't know if Telltale has an Xbox Premium theme planned too. As for PS3, I believe you can only get the theme (at first) as a preorder bonus w/ the preorder of the game on PSN this Tuesday...

A Telltale employee can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong. :o
  • edited April 2012
    Just wondering, god knows I've typed 'The Walking Dead' into the bing search on Xbox an awful lot in the past couple of weeks. The 4th entry down in the drop down menu that has the search suggestions is "the walking dead premium theme", but it brings back zero results. I had to ask about it, apparently I'm not the only one wondering.

Thankfully, I've just started playing a popular Rockstar game set in 1940s Los Angeles. It's helping me cope until I can get my hands on TWD. /twitch
  • edited April 2012
    Just wondering, god knows I've typed 'The Walking Dead' into the bing search on Xbox an awful lot in the past couple of weeks. The 4th entry down in the drop down menu that has the search suggestions is "the walking dead premium theme", but it brings back zero results. I had to ask about it, apparently I'm not the only one wondering.

Thankfully, I've just started playing a popular Rockstar game set in 1940s Los Angeles. It's helping me cope until I can get my hands on TWD. /twitch
    Oh for sure! I did the same on PSN with no luck. When you saw "walking dead premium" in the drop down suggestion box from BING all that means is that other people have been searching for that and it's popular. It doesn't mean XBL has an entry in it's database for it yet. :p
  • edited April 2012
    I voted "doesn't matter" at the top, but wondering about this now....

So sometimes they do a limited/deluxe release that they give to people who preordered through the website???? Cuz right now it looks like I got jipped cuz Steam gets achievements and the TTG version doesn't! So if they release something for the loyal fans later that'd be awesome.

Wasn't sure how this works. I voted doesn't matter because why would I rebuy a deluxe additon when I already bought the game?
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    I voted "doesn't matter" at the top, but wondering about this now....

So sometimes they do a limited/deluxe release that they give to people who preordered through the website???? Cuz right now it looks like I got jipped cuz Steam gets achievements and the TTG version doesn't! So if they release something for the loyal fans later that'd be awesome.

Wasn't sure how this works. I voted doesn't matter because why would I rebuy a deluxe additon when I already bought the game?
    For collecting! And if you are a fan and a collector it's a no brainer! Plus physical editions are always more appealing in both cases (being a fan and collector).
    So sometimes they do a limited/deluxe release that they give to people who preordered through the website????
    No. From what I see, Telltale games offers a Deluxe or limited edition AFTER they have released all episodes in a game series, and they offer it on their online store here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/

Why not buy the games digitally to play and then get the nice deluxe edition to collect? I suppose if your not a collector at all then I can understand that wouldn't be appealing. Often times, I will buy a collector edition of something, then a standard edition to play (keeping the CE sealed or mint):rolleyes:
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah I preorder collector's editions all the time. But to the people who don't buy a lot of games all the time, it's kinda a stab in the back to pay $25+ for a preorder to show support only to have them release a CE later.
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    Yeah I preorder collector's editions all the time. But to the people who don't buy a lot of games all the time, it's kinda a stab in the back to pay $25+ for a preorder to show support only to have them release a CE later.
    I don't agree in this case. Sometimes publishers and developers absolutely "milk" consumers for money. This is especially true with film releases. But in this example with Telltale games, where they purposely release games in "episodic" form and the customer knows that, they can't possibly give you a Deluxe or Limited edition in the beginning. In most cases I'd agree with you about "backstabbing" consumers, but this situation is different because of the way they release episodes. Just my humble opinion.
    :)
  • edited April 2012
    I don't agree in this case. Sometimes publishers and developers absolutely "milk" consumers for money. This is especially true with film releases. But in this example with Telltale games, where they purposely release games in "episodic" form and the customer knows that, they can't possibly give you a Deluxe or Limited edition in the beginning. In most cases I'd agree with you about "backstabbing" consumers, but this situation is different because of the way they release episodes. Just my humble opinion.
    :)

Ah, indeed. Sorry, didn't even think of it that way. Yeah most of the time it is the case, but I have seen the light and agree with you completely.

4 or 5 months of now I'd be more than happy to have a boxed set on my shelf.

Thanks for correcting me
  • edited May 2012
    Hi, I Preordered the walking dead Game for Xbox 360 and by what I have read it is showing that the full Game has 5 total Episodes to it, but for what is available as what has been purchased is only 3 Episodes and the Trial Game and 2 Trailers? So are the other Episodes going to be added without me having to pay for them?
  • edited May 2012
    Hi, I Preordered the walking dead Game for Xbox 360 and by what I have read it is showing that the full Game has 5 total Episodes to it, but for what is available as what has been purchased is only 3 Episodes and the Trial Game and 2 Trailers? So are the other Episodes going to be added without me having to pay for them?
    I'm not sure what your talking about. You have two choices:

1. Buy a single episode, and each episode after as it's released.
    2. Or buy the "Season", which you pay for all 5 episodes at one time, and you get to download them as each episode is released (once every month).
    I don't know what your talking about with 3 episodes and 2 trailers. That's not how it works. You get 1 episode right NOW, whether you pay for the "Season" or just the single episode. Trailers are something totally different. Those are not part of buying the episode. Trailers are something you can download and watch free.

PS

Why are you asking this question here? This thread's topic has nothing to do with what you're asking (no offense at all). I created this thread to ask Telltale games to consider a Deluxe edition physical package release, once all 5 episodes are out.
  • edited May 2012
    I am so much fan from the comic series so I go for a "Walking Dead limited or Deluxe Edition" with a huge amount of extras and so.

Don't you? :D
  • edited May 2012
    I don't know what your talking about with 3 episodes and 2 trailers. That's not how it works. You get 1 episode right NOW, whether you pay for the "Season" or just the single episode. Trailers are something totally different. Those are not part of buying the episode. Trailers are something you can download and watch free.

What I think he's talking about are the 3 Playing Dead episodes and a couple of Q&A videos that are also available on the 360.
  • edited May 2012
    Go to xbox.com and look up the Arcade Game and you shall see what they have, and that is what I am talking about of what is available, and why I asked that certain question is because when I Preordered it, I thought that it would be for the whole game, inwhich I am guessing that the other episodes are not out as of yet to Download on Xbox.com for Xbox Live? Because what I preordered was for the Full Game.
  • edited May 2012
    i want to ask let say i finish episod one,and if episod 2 is release does that mean i have to download from the site cause the disc i bought only appear episod one only and the rest of the episod there wrote coming soon so is it that i jus have to download from this site when episod 2 is available?
  • edited May 2012
    Go to xbox.com and look up the Arcade Game and you shall see what they have, and that is what I am talking about of what is available, and why I asked that certain question is because when I Preordered it, I thought that it would be for the whole game, inwhich I am guessing that the other episodes are not out as of yet to Download on Xbox.com for Xbox Live? Because what I preordered was for the Full Game.
    The game is released in 5 episodes, one episode per month. If you buy the "season pass" - that's the FULL game, including all 5 episodes. You can download each one as they become available. This is how I understand it.

But this thread was NOT the place to ask something like this. You should have made a separate thread or used "search" feature in the forums. I made this thread to ask Telltale about making a Deluxe or Limited version of the complete 5 episode game after all episodes are released and they put a physical DVD version to buy on the telltale store. Your question was regarding content and preordering which has nothing to do with a future deluxe version of the game...
    noheadboy wrote: »
    i want to ask let say i finish episod one,and if episod 2 is release does that mean i have to download from the site cause the disc i bought only appear episod one only and the rest of the episod there wrote coming soon so is it that i jus have to download from this site when episod 2 is available?
    This game series, walking dead, from Telltale, is a download only title. You download each episode as they become available. However, once all episodes are released, it is likely that Telltale will release a physical disc version of the entire series on their online store. This will be more for collectors, the physical version that is.
  • edited May 2012
    thx cause i thought i had to buy disc by disc for the episod well since there will be downloadable episod then i guess i will wait then thx for helping by the way
  • edited May 2012
    Bought the Season Pass on PSN, played the 1st episode. Would double dip without hesitation should a collector's/deluxe/limited physical edition ever comes out.
This discussion has been closed.