Since we go through the same routine every time Telltale releases something...

This game will not be released at midnight. Telltale doesn't do midnight releases because nobody's in the office then. It will be released sometime during Telltale's office hours (9 AM to 5 PM PST).

Figured I should get that out of the way. :p

Also note that this is just the release of the PC/Mac version.

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Actually, I'm preparing a release day FAQ right now. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Actually, I'm preparing a release day FAQ right now. :D

Well done.

Include a link to the general FAQ where explains the time difference between California and other world zones. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Has it been confirmed that there is no Midnight Release???
  • edited April 2012

Telltale releases their games during office hours.
    Midnight is well after Telltale's office hours.

That's all the confirmation you need.
    edited April 2012

Yes, through several dozen former episode releases.
  • edited April 2012
    kewl thnx guyz!
    edited April 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    Well done.

Include a link to the general FAQ where explains the time difference between California and other world zones. :D

Take a look up there in the thread list and tell me if you still miss anything. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Do not expect this when you wake up in the morning right after Telltale opens. It seems to me they usually post there games 1-4pm Eastern time..If this is your first telltalegame this is how it will go. Tomorrow they will start a Waiting thread which usually leads to the fake release threads but the 24 hour ban will probably stop that this time around. Thank you for that Telltale. People will most likely still spam f5 no matter how ridiculous that is. This will slow the forums down making everyone think the game is going up when it is not. Then the site will go down for 30-60 minutes. When it comes back up the game will be available. :)
  • edited April 2012
    I usually get it the day after releaee where I am. If you are in Europe I suggest you relax and get some sleep on the 24th and wake up bright and early to download your game on the 25th. Somuch more relaxing that way.
  • edited April 2012
    so, i've never posted here before and the only telltale games i've played were all the Back to the Futures when they were free to me as a playstation plus subscriber. Being new to telltale and the forum, please bear with me. I have 2 questions. Question 1...Once purchased on 1 platform, can you play on other platforms for free? Meaning, if I but the PC version, can I play on my phone for free, or would I have to purchase again? Question 2....I do notice that it officially says release date is set for Mac/PC. Does that really mean that the PS store and XBox store would not include that in their update this week? I know this isn't an official post from telltale, but a semi-reliable source shows a release date for all platforms being 4/24.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223558p1.html

sorry if I'm not allowed to post links! any answers would be much appreciated. thank you in advance for you hospitality!
  • edited April 2012
    raspy_zo wrote: »
    so, i've never posted here before and the only telltale games i've played were all the Back to the Futures when they were free to me as a playstation plus subscriber. Being new to telltale and the forum, please bear with me. I have 2 questions. Question 1...Once purchased on 1 platform, can you play on other platforms for free? Meaning, if I but the PC version, can I play on my phone for free, or would I have to purchase again? Question 2....I do notice that it officially says release date is set for Mac/PC. Does that really mean that the PS store and XBox store would not include that in their update this week? I know this isn't an official post from telltale, but a semi-reliable source shows a release date for all platforms being 4/24.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223558p1.html

sorry if I'm not allowed to post links! any answers would be much appreciated. thank you in advance for you hospitality!

Welcome to the boards! In answer to your questions- like any other game (with rare exception) buying on a PC means you only get the PC copy of the game if you want the PS3 version you have to get it from PSN.

I don't know about the PS3 or XBox releases, but I do know the iPhone and iPad will not release tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
  • edited April 2012
    thank you very much
  • edited April 2012
    Telltale can only control when they release PC version on their own website. XBL, PSN, and iPod releases are up to Microsoft, Sony, and Apple. I'm sure Telltale will let us know via twitter though and someone will mention it on this forum.
  • edited April 2012
    9AM-5PM PST?!?!

But it's 9AM GMT right now :(
    *cries*
  • edited April 2012
    KDStudios wrote: »
    9AM-5PM PST?!?!

But it's 9AM GMT right now :(
    *cries*

9AM of PACIFIC STANDARD TIME! ;)

So 9AM on PST
    > 17PM on GMT :)
  • edited April 2012
    OMG!! That IGN link that was posted is so depressing. I've already had two PS3s that died on me, and I'm seriously considering getting my 3rd unit now after reading the IGN review, mainly this part:

"...If you're buying it on the PC or Mac, you get a five-episode season pass for $24.99 on Tuesday, April 24th. (EU gets the PC/Mac version for 24.99 Euros on Tuesday, too.) If you buy on PlayStation 3, you can grab each episode for $4.99 or buy the five-episode season pass for $19.99 on Tuesday, April 24th. (EU gets the PS3 episodes one by one for 4.99 Euros and the season pass for 19.99 Euros starting on Wednesday, April 25th.) If you get it on Xbox 360, there is no season pass so you'll have to pay 400 Microsoft Points per episode sometime this month."

SOMETIME THIS MONTH?! I'm gonna start hurling rotten chickens at XBL, nevermind rotten eggs. In the immortal words of South Park, YOU BASTARDS! (Directed at XBL, not TT)
  • edited April 2012
    Based on past history, does the games Telltale release tend to go up here first or open up for download on Steam first? Asking those who have history with Telltale obviously, this is going to be my first go round. :)

I'm about to preorder right now, curious which place I should do it so I can play asap! :P
    edited April 2012
    SkatesSC wrote: »
    Based on past history, does the games Telltale release tend to go up here first or open up for download on Steam first? Asking those who have history with Telltale obviously, this is going to be my first go round. :)

I'm about to preorder right now, curious which place I should do it so I can play asap! :P

I love statistics, but I honestly can't answer this question. Sometimes this way, sometimes that way. Both happened. Whatever you chose! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    I love statistics, but I honestly can't answer this question. Sometimes this way, sometimes that way. Both happened. Whatever you chose! ;)

Might as well direct support the company, order through Telltale it is! Who needs imaginary achievements :P
  • edited April 2012
    if i had to guess problably be here first because when telltale uploads it to here they most likley be uploading them over the the 3rd part sites like steam and psn and xbla at the same time problably the main reason most of them get it on the 25th.
    edited April 2012
    SkatesSC wrote: »
    Might as well direct support the company, order through Telltale it is! Who needs imaginary achievements :P

Indeed, nothing bugged me more in Jurassic Park.
  • edited April 2012
    Ahhhhhhhh, So excited! Anticipation is killing me and still hours to go >.<
  • edited April 2012
    Hi all! So there I am, pre-ordered my game, took a day of work to fully enjoy it in peace and quiet with everyone else in school/work and...now it seems that where I live (Ireland) the game might be out at nighttime?! What a letdown...:/ Next time you guys should take more global approach as you do have clients worldwide. Back to The Witcher 2 in the meantime...
  • edited April 2012
    If they did that people would complain that other countries get it first... Plus having to release it per time zone just sounds like a hassle.. It makes more sense to release it once to everyone at one time.. People just need to understand time zones better.
  • edited April 2012
    I thank the gods that Telltale Games doesn't do Midnight Releases...
    Only heard of the "The Walking Dead" Game like 15mins ago (yes, i live under a rock).

But it gave me the oppertunity to still pre-order the game and the Almost Everything Pack at a discount...

Thank you TTG!!!
  • edited April 2012
    4hours to go until I can download the game off of Steam. :D
  • edited April 2012
    17PM

Wow, that's like, REALLY late! :p
    edited April 2012
    ShepRad wrote: »
    Hi all! So there I am, pre-ordered my game, took a day of work to fully enjoy it in peace and quiet with everyone else in school/work and...now it seems that where I live (Ireland) the game might be out at nighttime?! What a letdown...:/ Next time you guys should take more global approach as you do have clients worldwide. Back to The Witcher 2 in the meantime...

You mean: Next time you will gather a bit more information first before taking a day off for a game? ;)
  • edited April 2012
    I actually love waiting for all of the Telltale games. It brings ALL us nerds together on the forums.
  • edited April 2012
    simon0405 wrote: »
    I actually love waiting for all of the Telltale games. It brings ALL us nerds together on the forums.

Winner post!! :D :D :D :D
  • edited April 2012
    simon0405 wrote: »

*runs off to take a pre-release nap*

lol
  • edited April 2012
    You mean: Next time you will gather a bit more information first before taking a day off for a game? ;)

Dude, no offense but there is no advertisement ANYWHERE what time, what regions the game is going to be released, apart from when you search through the forums. I think the exact date was shown on the main page like maybe a week ago. Would it hurt to put some info on the main page? I mean, even if you google it you barely get anything.
  • edited April 2012
    Right then - off to bed, be up fresh in the morning and ready to download Episode 1..........

(possibly)
  • edited April 2012
    Dude, no offense but there is no advertisement ANYWHERE what time, what regions the game is going to be released, apart from when you search through the forums. I think the exact date was shown on the main page like maybe a week ago. Would it hurt to put some info on the main page? I mean, even if you google it you barely get anything.

It works both ways though - it didn't say "will launch sometime during the 24th", but also didn't say "will launch at midninght on the 24th".

24th leaves 24 hours for them to hit update - sucks that you (may) have wasted a day off though.....
  • edited April 2012
    Weeksy wrote: »
    It works both ways though - it didn't say "will launch sometime during the 24th", but also didn't say "will launch at midninght on the 24th".

24th leaves 24 hours for them to hit update - sucks that you (may) have wasted a day off though.....

True that, not to worry, arranged another day off, just in case i wouldn't get to check it out before the evening ;) OH the excitement!!!^^
    edited April 2012
    True that, not to worry, arranged another day off, just in case i wouldn't get to check it out before the evening ;) OH the excitement!!!^^

All right, THAT at least will DEFINITELY work. But you do know that you'll complete the first episode in ca. two hours?? ;)

And you are right about the advertising here. They could handle that a bit better...
  • edited April 2012
    All right, THAT at least will DEFINITELY work. But you do know that you'll complete the first episode in ca. two hours?? ;)

And you are right about the advertising here. They could handle that a bit better...

Yeah, that's a bit of a downer. I'll finish it once, then will watch my GF play it. Screams, thrills and so on, heh^^ Time to do some cleaning, put on a laundry, cook a dinner, just to kill some time lol :D
  • edited April 2012
    I'm limbering up with some Evil Dead: Regeneration.
  • edited April 2012
    im fairly certain it will be pretty soon i think sometime after all the employee get to their office and get settled in they will upload or flip whatever switch they gotta hit. Since the game is obviously ready to go they are problably just as or even more excited than we are.
  • edited April 2012
    Just wanted to say hello - first post, have been waiting for this game ever since I first heard they were working on it last fall. I have played multiple great TTG titles. I love the Sam and Max series that I play with my daughters - very droll and fun. BTTF series was really cool as an 80's kid whose favorite movie was BTTF (although you could lose the stupid second movie and I could take or leave the third). I am looking forward to this as a WAY different kind of game - very glad that Robert Kirkman seems to be so deeply involved and behind it.

Looking forward to the release along with all the rest of you!
This discussion has been closed.