Pre-ordered through Telltale because it was not available on Steam...

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Now that I see it is, and that they are also offering the same 10% savings and chance to be in the game, I'm pretty bummed out/dissapointed. Will I be able to activate the game through Steam rather than just adding it to my Steam account? :confused: I want the achievements! :mad:

Comments

• edited April 2012
    No, buying a game on the Telltale Store doesn't get you a free Steam code (with the exception of Poker Night).
  • edited April 2012
    Can't you just cancel your pre-order now and go get it on Steam instead?
  • edited April 2012
    Scnew wrote: »
    Can't you just cancel your pre-order now and go get it on Steam instead?

I hope so, sent an email to support. I understand its not the biggest deal but its the first time I've purchased through Telltale games website, kind of hoped the CD Key they would send would activate through Steam, guess I should of read around the forums a bit more!
  • edited April 2012
    The benefit of buying through Telltale's site is the chance that a 'deluxe' edition may be released later on (no word on this yet, though), and that you support the company a bit more directly. Of course, I want achievements, so I'll admit I'm a bit bummed as well...but more than likely, I'll do what I did with JP and get on sale it later for cheap just to reply and get the achievements :p
  • edited April 2012
    I'm gonna buy for PS3 as well, so I'll have achievements thru that. I just got PC version so I can play sooner and have a chance to be in the game!
  • edited April 2012
    onesaint wrote: »
    Now that I see it is, and that they are also offering the same 10% savings and chance to be in the game, I'm pretty bummed out/dissapointed. Will I be able to activate the game through Steam rather than just adding it to my Steam account? :confused: I want the achievements! :mad:

This burned me pretty harshly.
    I am in the same boat as you are.
    Never played any of Telltale games' games before. (ha... games' games)
    But this has definitely made me reconsider hastily buying games blindly again.

Guess I'll be waiting next time I see a game I want.
  • edited April 2012
    you can add the game to the steam librabrary and use the steam overlay just go into the steam options and add game.
  • edited April 2012
    i had the same problem, i explained to them that I would prefer the game on steam, and they refund me for my pre-order(no questions ask), i bought it after the refund confirmation email, on steam - only got my money in my PayPal today, so it take n day or 3. so i am very happy now...more happy in 4-5 hours when game get released.
  • edited April 2012
    I wish I could cancel and reorder on steam now but.. it's definitely too late. :/ Oh well. I'll look up the achievements and do them anyway.. get some mental achievements.. Those are almost as tangible right?

Edit: The second half of my post is a joke, apparently not everyone understood that. :D
  • edited April 2012
    take your order number from telltale and email steam they may be able to work something out.
  • edited April 2012
    You guys "need" achievements? Sorry, but this sounds a bit scary.

You need your computer to tell you: "You did well."

Please, I don't try to offend anybody, but I'm concerned. Those achievements aren't real and you can't buy anything from it and be honest, do you care about what achievements another player has? Do you think that they care about yours?
  • edited April 2012
    We don't "need" achievements, It's just fun to have extra goals in games to shoot for. Not like the ones you get for just playing normally through a story, which I've always found pointless, but for completing extra challenges they're fun to have. Plus I just prefer having games on Steam when given the choice :D
  • edited April 2012
    When will the cd key be released? It is the 24th after all :)
  • edited April 2012
    Well Telltale doesn't start working until 9am PST, which is 12pm EST.
    So about another two hours if we're lucky. There's a thread that goes over the release in detail on the main forum.
  • edited April 2012
    Tails89 wrote: »
    We don't "need" achievements, It's just fun to have extra goals in games to shoot for. Not like the ones you get for just playing normally through a story, which I've always found pointless, but for completing extra challenges they're fun to have. Plus I just prefer having games on Steam when given the choice :D

What he said. I really like achievements when they're a way to encourage you to discover little goals/secrets/whatever of the game. And I like them popping up. Oh, crap, I should have bought it on steam! :D
  • edited April 2012
    Tails89 wrote: »

EXACTLY, especially on games that require multiple playthroughs! Gives you a reason to play again :p Now here's hoping Telltale will be able to help out with a refund, can't wait to play!
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah these types of games are the only ones I care to have achievements on.

In general I don't need them at all. I play so many games that there's no way I have time to be a 100%er. I still need to beat Arkham City, just finished Skyrim and Uncharted 3, getting into Project Zomboid at work, might play Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations(heard last one wasn't great tho), Have hardly played Gran Tursimo 5 since I got my PS3 last year, need to play Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption, just got Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7 as well as all the eshop games I have for 3DS.... not to mention Sniper Elite V2, Max Payne 3 and a slew of other games coming out in the next couple months. Jeez lol I don't even pay attention when the achievement bubble pops up
  • edited April 2012
    I think i broke my F5 Key
  • edited April 2012
    haha lol
  • edited April 2012
    Amazing.

Put a small icon to pop-up when you have done some things and people will get crazy about this. What a business!

Oh well...

It's amusing with certain games but that's all. I don't bother to get them in most games.
  • edited April 2012
    wow next time im buyin from steam and not from tt lol since they got the game first how the heck does that work.
  • edited April 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    wow next time im buyin from steam and not from tt lol since they got the game first how the heck does that work.

Hahahaha, think about it... THAT'S an achievement, lol!!!! :D :D :D
  • edited April 2012
    yeah talk about pushing a fan away i been having fun following these forums i woulda known steam was gettin first dibs id been over there lurking their forum lol.
  • edited April 2012
    Definitely not buying on TellTale site anymore.
    This is beyond unfair to your customers to be honest.
  • edited April 2012
    Danny_HR wrote: »
    Definitely not buying on TellTale site anymore.

Why?
  • edited April 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »
    Why?

really? you have no idea why.... maybe cause people on steam already are playing and we are still waiting to download it.
  • edited April 2012
    really? you have no idea why.... maybe cause people on steam already are playing and we are still waiting to download it.

Sorry, I was uninformed at that moment:D
This discussion has been closed.