Game decision discussion "possible spoilers"

There's so many threads about when the game is out that I figured why not discuss what choices you can make in the game, if you ignored the title there's some spoilers in this thread but have already been shown in the trailers so if you want to be entirely surprised stop reading. When the time comes will you save Shawn or duck, Carly or Doig?

I honestly don't know who of choose between Shawn and duck, instinctively id Wana save duck bit I'm curious how events will turn out if you save Shawn, as for saving Carly or Doug I'm going to save Doug, it's cool the devs put someon they knew in the game but I assume that they'd expect most people to choose Carly over him, so I'm going to keep him alive during any events that may kill him

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I may do my first playthrough not saying anything.... Just don't respond to ANY conversation, and see where that leads
  • edited April 2012
    I keep trying to save Shawn, but every time I do it's like nothing I do matters and he dies anyway. At one point when Lee is pushing the tractor Shawn calls to Kenny to help, yet every time Kenny just keeps running away.

Has anyone successfully saved him yet, this is really frustrating me.
  • edited April 2012
    I think Shawn just is ment too die. Kinda sucks yeah he was cool. What happens if you go for Duck?
  • edited April 2012
    VinAro wrote: »
    I think Shawn just is ment too die. Kinda sucks yeah he was cool. What happens if you go for Duck?
    Duck is saved either way.
    If you go for Duck however, you will punch the zombie and then Kenny will come and help you save him. Then obviously the cut scene where Shawn dies.
    If you choose to help Duck you are kicked off the farm.

Still don't know what happens if you save Shawn though, if it is even possible.
    If it isn't I'll honestly be a little upset, I mean what is the point in giving players the option to save someone if no matter what you do the person will die anyway.
  • edited April 2012
    Shoopuffs wrote: »
    Duck is saved either way.
    If you go for Duck however, you will punch the zombie and then Kenny will come and help you save him. Then obviously the cut scene where Shawn dies.
    If you choose to help Duck you are kicked off the farm.

Still don't know what happens if you save Shawn though, if it is even possible.
    If it isn't I'll honestly be a little upset, I mean what is the point in giving players the option to save someone if no matter what you do the person will die anyway.

Well i took the save shawn option and that didn't work out. Shawn got eaten cuz Kenny ran away and Herschel is crazy mad at Kenny but still kicks you off the farm with Kenny... Was a bit of a strange moment really cuz suddenly i sat in a car with Kenny the dude that just left Shawn behind...lol. But awesome game!!!!!!
  • edited April 2012
    I saved Doug. I assumed that Carly could handle herself considering that she had a pistol vs. 1 zombie(a second and third appeared after I chose) and Doug was unarmed. A bit of a shame but it works well in the context of the game. It'll be interesting what impact this choice has on future episodes. I can't wait for episode 2. The episode 2 preview was probably my favorite thing about episode 1 because it shows that things are going to get real messed up real fast.
  • edited April 2012
    it wouldn't surprise me at all if some choices only effect character relations like who ever you pick to save likes you and the other if they survive hate you.

i 'saved' shawn but he died anyway and kenny still didn't mind me ignoring duck then in the rest of the ep i stood up for kenny and helped him and duck out but that put me at odds with some old ass hole with a bad heart but when this ass hole floored me kenny saved my ass.. so i the game is testing you do you want to be the hero or thescape goat or the evil kill him now guy..
  • edited April 2012
    Probably same BS as LA NOIR, where you don't actually change the game whatsoever, it just makes you feel like it does....

Except TWD different characters are supposed to be able to die which should lead to different scenarios later in the season.... I was hoping it would mean different areas and settings too... better not just be same locations every which way
  • edited April 2012
    It's a little unrelated, but is anyone having a hard time finding the keys to the pharmacy?
    I can't seem to find them.
  • edited April 2012
    ***Spoilerish question below I guess***

I actually never found the right batteries. I thought it would've been the ones from the remote but they weren't right. Does anyone know where they were? All of a sudden I was more caught up in what was happening to glenn.
  • edited April 2012
    Razorneck wrote: »
    ***Spoilerish question below I guess***

I actually never found the right batteries. I thought it would've been the ones from the remote but they weren't right. Does anyone know where they were? All of a sudden I was more caught up in what was happening to glenn.
    It's over on the shelf next to Duck, Kenny, and Katjaa. To Katjaa's right.
  • edited April 2012
    Razorneck wrote: »
    Does anyone know where they were?
    They are lying on the floor in the store.
    Maybe it was just me, but the camera actually focuses on one after you talked to Clementine.

I played it twice and tried to make the opsosite decisions. It's worth it, i had fun.
This discussion has been closed.