TWD....a AAA game? No.

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
The amount of complaints on here about the bugs in the release of TWD today had me thinking some big budget game just came out.

This is not a big budget game, it's an app for several devices. Yes I said it, APP....
Everyone should be concerned about the huge amount of glitches on day one but there is no need to overblow this like it's a release of CoD or some WoW expansion.

You paid $5.00 bucks ($4.50 discount) for this episode. Take it for what it is.

Now back to the anarchy!!!!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    i paid 22$ but I understand what your saying.

And the release on steam like Mike I think his name was stated is a different build then TellTalesGames Direct game.

So lets hope the bug and glitches were only because of a premature release on steams part.

That is probably the reason for delayish of the release on the TTG Main Site.

I had to wait 2 weeks for league of legends Hecarim Patch delay, a couple hours isnt going to do anything, I have things to do like tennis in my backyard, or watching some movies.

These complainers are just redicoulous I swear this game was rated M? I see a bunch of sissy little assholes.
  • edited April 2012
    Even $22 is a bargain. I've played $60 games that were shorter than Telltale games and had more bugs. But people will always find something to complain about. Everyone feels so entitled these days.
  • edited April 2012
    Even $22 is a bargain. I've played $60 games that were shorter than Telltale games and had more bugs. But people will always find something to complain about. Everyone feels so entitled these days.

I paid 60$ for a game that managed to boot it up too.

With DLC, content on Disk and hundreds of patches, with our money we're entitled A LOT these days.
  • edited April 2012

Paying money for a game entitles me to complain when I'm not getting a complete or satisfactory product, yes. Everyone throws that word around like it's dirty these days.
  • edited April 2012
    Pegglef wrote: »
    Paying money for a game entitles me to complain when I'm not getting a complete or satisfactory product, yes. Everyone throws that word around like it's dirty these days.

What are you complaining about? The fact that its not release? It said it will be released on april 24th PST time, during TTG Business hours, and last I check its still during business hour? and its still the 24th?

It has even been a day delay and everyone is complaining about fucking refunds and fucking bitching about waiting a few hours..
  • edited April 2012
    Not if your complaint is irrational and unreasonable.
  • edited April 2012
    JBright wrote: »
    What are you complaining about? The fact that its not release? It said it will be released on april 24th PST time, during TTG Business hours, and last I check its still during business hour? and its still the 24th?

It has even been a day delay and everyone is complaining about fucking refunds and fucking bitching about waiting a few hours..

You're reading things into my post that aren't there. The only complaint I hold is the audio quality, nothing else. For the record, I agree with you that some complaints, including overreactions to something like a slightly delayed release are indeed unreasonable.
  • edited April 2012
    Weili wrote: »
    Not if your complaint is irrational and unreasonable.

What bothers me is when people throw "too entitled" at me when my complaints are rational and reasonable, and the insulting implication that I'm a child who doesn't understand art or whatever.

Are there irrational complainers? Yes. Are there rational ones as well? Yep. Discounting both with the same stroke is both insulting and alienating to fans of a game who care enough about it to criticize constructively and rationally.
  • edited April 2012
    You're reading things into my post that aren't there. The only complaint I hold is the audio quality, nothing else. For the record, I agree with you that some complaints, including overreactions to something like a slightly delayed release are indeed unreasonable.

Sorry bro, thats just been the BIGGEST complaint. Again IM sorry. That is a viable complaint. But a lot of people are saying that it has to do with sound cards, and others aren't experiencing that problem.

Best of luck in fixing it.
  • edited April 2012
    I don't like the ending so I'm going to start a campaign to have it changed...expect cupcakes in the mail :D

(just kidding, I haven't even played it yet)
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry bro, thats just been the BIGGEST complaint. Again IM sorry. That is a viable complaint. But a lot of people are saying that it has to do with sound cards, and others aren't experiencing that problem.

Best of luck in fixing it.

No worries, man. I totally understand the frustration with irrational complaints.
  • edited April 2012
    I just got the game loaded up and whole polygons are missing from characters. There's triangle shaped holes in objects and characters, with all sorts of glitching.

Hopefully my actual gaming rig at home with nvidia gtx 560ti 2win will fare better. My work PC meets all requirements but still ridiculous
  • edited April 2012
    I had about four bugs. Three were slight audio glitches and the other was that the lip-synching was off at times. No huge game-breaking bugs for me. I was slightly disappointed that some of the background textures weren't insanely high res. but it works for the game so it's no big deal. Still looks pretty in 1080p. For the record I'm playing on Steam.
  • edited April 2012

Or simply the fact that I can't play the game I bought because TT doesn't know QWERTY isn't the only keyboard configuration in the world ?... And because TT just passed 5 mins on the portabilty because they doesn't give a sh** for the PC users ?
    Wanting to play the game I bought must be irrational and unreasonable ?
  • edited April 2012
    BoulaQuick wrote: »
    Or simply the fact that I can't play the game I bought because TT doesn't know QWERTY isn't the only keyboard configuration in the world ?... And because TT just passed 5 mins on the portabilty because they doesn't give a sh** for the PC users ?
    Wanting to play the game I bought must be irrational and unreasonable ?

Enter exhibit a.
  • crofaelcrofael Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    I don't like the ending so I'm going to start a campaign to have it changed...expect cupcakes in the mail :D

(just kidding, I haven't even played it yet)

Dangit, I could totally go for some cupcakes right about now!
  • crofaelcrofael Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    What bothers me is when people throw "too entitled" at me when my complaints are rational and reasonable, and the insulting implication that I'm a child who doesn't understand art or whatever.

Are there irrational complainers? Yes. Are there rational ones as well? Yep. Discounting both with the same stroke is both insulting and alienating to fans of a game who care enough about it to criticize constructively and rationally.

Hey, just wanted to thank you for being one of the rational ones, and that I will personally bring up audio quality concerns at our programming post-mortem and see if they can be addressed. I can't promise a stunning turn-around, but I want to let you know that your feedback will not go unheard.
  • edited April 2012
    crofael wrote: »
    Hey, just wanted to thank you for being one of the rational ones, and that I will personally bring up audio quality concerns at our programming post-mortem and see if they can be addressed. I can't promise a stunning turn-around, but I want to let you know that your feedback will not go unheard.

Thanks, I truly appreciate that. I think if there's one thing the recent Bioware/EA communication meltdown should teach the games industry as a whole, it's that the way to talk to your audience is with candor and openness, not a smokescreen of manipulative and disrespectful PR-speak, and I applaud you for engaging in the former and better kind of communication here.
  • edited April 2012
    Or you can be like Sony and not respond either way....but that's another story.

CURSE YOU SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.