Dear Telltale...

2»

Comments

• edited April 2012
    ...Telltale would love nothing more then to gain more exposure, but hey, thems the breaks.

I agree with most of what you said, but there is a difference between no marketing (Telltale obviously has some) and poor marketing (ie show you a few select clips, but provide very little specific information when given the opportunity). I guarantee Telltale chose the limited amount of information they gave to Steam for advertising purposes. If not, they should be contacting Steam for better and more proper representation of their product.
  • edited April 2012
    A little research into the company you are planning on putting money into would have told you the answers you were looking for.

My point visa vi the mode of play argument was that they aren't representing their product very well through the means of marketing. If your argument is that I should have to market their product to myself, then... then there is no argument. We agree that their marketing is bad.
  • edited April 2012
    I don't know about you, but if I'm excited about a game that is coming out, nobody has to tell me anything about the game to get me to know about it. I go find that information. Maybe that makes me a rare breed, but if I am interested in something I invest time in finding out about it.
  • edited April 2012
    And irregardless, its a great game, well for those who can play without a problem right now. ouch, feel bad for those stuck without answers to the run problem.

Its just a little more info would not have hurt anything. There is actually nothing on STEAM that even alludes to the movement mechanics. More info is never a bad thing, and the less hunting anyone has to do the better.

One should never preorder anyway, until he/she reads what a game is about, how well its received ect ect ect. I never preorder, will never preorder. In the older days of retail you did this to guarantee yourself a copy. Today with instant access there is just no need to do that in this day and age of STEAM and downloadable services. To me personally, its not worth burning money on preorder items that really dont add much to the gameplay versus the amount of money I may lose if the game is a dog.
  • edited April 2012
    Planex wrote: »
    If your argument is that I should have to market their product to myself, then my point remains valid.

You are just too lazy to google what you want to know, the official site and youtube can provide you information, you just don't want to move to find it.

It's not TTG fault, nor steam, if you can't "point and click" what you want to know about the game.
  • edited April 2012
    Planex wrote: »
    My point visa vi the mode of play argument was that they aren't representing their product very well through the means of marketing. If your argument is that I should have to market their product to myself, then... then there is no argument. We agree that their marketing is bad.

And by the by, telltale themselves took part in that walkthrough I posted. Marketing is not the problem.
  • edited April 2012
    Azukaos wrote: »
    It's not TTG fault, nor steam, if you can't "point and click" what you want to know about the game.

I pointed and clicked on an advertisement on Steam in order to garner more information. The page it brought me to (The Walking Dead store page) did not provide adequate information about the game - which is, except for purchase of the product, the sole purpose of that page. I don't think it's too much to ask that if Telltale wants to sell me their product they identify it as "point and click." I am, of course, assuming that they actually want to sell me on their product.
This discussion has been closed.