Am I the only one?

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Am I the only one who thinks this game is terrible? I played about 20 minutes of this game and I tried really hard not to have a biased opinion since I am a hardcore gamer.

However this game is really bad, Everything in this game is scripted, and hinted at what to do.

A good example of this is when you bust out of the cop car you can only walk along side of the car for like 10 feet then you got to crawl back. (Cut scene..look at the bullet on the floor)

You have very little actual control of whats going on, I am not talking about what decisions you make by for the story. I am referring to actual control.

It just seems like everything in this game was watered down and once they did that they did a terrible port from Xbox to PC.

Why does the controls menu display an Xbox controller for PC? Like come on...

Games like this usually are always bad but I expected a little more out of this game...

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Yes you are the only one :)
  • edited April 2012
    It isn't a free roam game... Its a stroy game so umm yea its scripted.
  • edited April 2012
    JBright wrote: »
    It isn't a free roam game... Its a stroy game so umm yea its scripted.

I knew that getting in to it, but it just seems like that single aspect of the game is scripted and you are just told what to do in little baby steps.

Maybe I am just expecting to much from this game?
  • edited April 2012
    I hate the term scripted. Yeah, I'd take an awesome scripted experience over a lackluster free roaming kind of game.

TWD is that awesome scripted experience. If you play past the first 20 minutes you'll see what makes it unique compared to every other zombie game.
    If this isn't your type of game, that I'm not sure why you bought it, as telltale only sold it for what it is.
  • edited April 2012
    You probably didn't know what you were getting yourself into, champ! It's a game heavy on narrative and not as much gameplay, so this may not be YOUR cup of tea.
  • edited April 2012
    I hate the term scripted. Yeah, I'd take an awesome scripted experience over a lackluster free roaming kind of game.

TWD is that awesome scripted experience. If you play past the first 20 minutes you'll see what makes it unique compared to every other zombie game.
    If this isn't your type of game, that I'm not sure why you bought it, as telltale only sold it for what it is.
  • edited April 2012
    I feel robbed @ 22$ (thank god i saved 2$ on pre-order) for this game. And there are 4 more of these @ this price too?

It's a choose your own adventure. While entertaining, I feel a bit fleeced price wise. Fleeced enough where I found the need to create an account just to agree with you fully.

This is an overpriced choose your own adventure game that is riding on the coat tails of an awesome comic which inspired a series. I hope to hell that more games like this don't perpetuate. Especially at the price. God telltale, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • edited April 2012
    I hate to hear that, Ive been waiting and hearing all the wonderful reviews. I still cant download it but maybe it's just that all the great reviews got you hyped up like I am. I hope the more you play it the more you will like it
  • edited April 2012
    its a point and click not a hack n slash.. a good point and click!!!
  • edited April 2012
    I feel robbed @ 22$ (thank god i saved 2$ on pre-order) for this game. And there are 4 more of these @ this price too?

It's a choose your own adventure. While entertaining, I feel a bit fleeced price wise. Fleeced enough where I found the need to create an account just to agree with you fully.

This is an overpriced choose your own adventure game that is riding on the coat tails of an awesome comic which inspired a series. I hope to hell that more games like this don't perpetuate. Especially at the price. God telltale, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Get used to it. This isn't a hack n slash zombie game.
  • edited April 2012
    Can anyone here consider themselves a hardcore gamer? Such as on a daily basis playing indepth game such as the Battlefield series,crysis, Half Life series?

If not then I understand where you are coming from. I was simply expecting to much from this game.

Either way I have no problem giving the game another go for the story. Just my first impressions. I still think it a crappy console port though..
  • edited April 2012
    I wish I had a little more environment control but after I played through I completely forgot about it so yes u r the only one this game is great it is real world sernario not unlimited ammo blow everything to hell game don't get me wrong those games r ok too but don't go into this game with that expectation
  • edited April 2012

That doesn't really explain much of what you disliked about the game...
  • edited April 2012
    wminscoe7 wrote: »
    I hate to hear that, Ive been waiting and hearing all the wonderful reviews. I still cant download it but maybe it's just that all the great reviews got you hyped up like I am. I hope the more you play it the more you will like it

I don't want to talk you out of playing the game, You may really enjoy it. However as the people above have said. "not my cup of tea"

Edit: Games like this are always hyped up, since the series/movies are usually amazing.
  • edited April 2012

the price u paid includes all 5 episodes so its like 5 bucks each episode
  • edited April 2012
    How can u play, if the game is not release yet?
  • edited April 2012
    I`m the only one who can´t play?
  • edited April 2012
    Once again, Telltale delivers a game that is exactly as advertised, but people still get upset at them for delivering something they didn't expect. Sigh.
  • edited April 2012
    I really hope this is not like Jurassic Park. If this is not in the vein of Monkey Island or the Sam & Max games then this is the last straw for me. JP was such an incredible disappointment being an interactive quicktime event that I wont be paying for another game.
  • edited April 2012
    Rojosue wrote: »
    How can u play, if the game is not release yet?

it is released
  • edited April 2012
    Binhex wrote: »
    I really hope this is not like Jurassic Park. If this is not in the vein of Monkey Island or the Sam & Max games then this is the last straw for me. JP was such an incredible disappointment being an interactive quicktime event that I wont be paying for another game.

A point and click, inventory-based adventure with zombies chasing you? Sorry, none of that here, thank god.
  • edited April 2012
    A point and click, inventory-based adventure with zombies chasing you? Sorry, none of that here, thank god.

Perhaps not the best. Basically so long as its nothing at all remotely like the Jurassic Park game I'm going to like it.
  • edited April 2012
    I`m the only one who can´t play?

why cant u play?
  • edited April 2012
    Binhex wrote: »
    Perhaps not the best. Basically so long as its nothing at all remotely like the Jurassic Park game I'm going to like it.

It is somewhat more adventure-gamey than JP, just don't expect Sam & Max.
  • edited April 2012
    That doesn't really explain much of what you disliked about the game...

Sure it does. I spent 22$ on this and feel like I should have gotten $22 worth of entertainment. Were this 3x longer for a play through...maybe I'd still be playing it instead of trashing it in the forums.

Over too quick. Overpriced. And really just preying on your love of all things zombie apocalypse related. I just don't walk away from this with the urge to tell people how awesome it is. And I don't think I'd dust this off in a year to play it again.

Graphically speaking, it's aesthetically pleasing. Actors...convincing. Just seriously lacking content. I was expecting more. Not explosions, rockets and flamethrowers and pretty flashing lights... just...more. Like 5 hours more. And maybe some flamethrowers.
  • edited April 2012
    I don`t have the links to download in the Past Purchases, why?
  • edited April 2012
    why cant u play?

Past Purchases, I don`t have the links yet, Why??
  • edited April 2012
    the price u paid includes all 5 episodes so its like 5 bucks each episode

I won't lie. That does certainly make a difference. Perhaps I shall skulk off into a silent corner somewhere.

As you were!

(er, thanks)
  • edited April 2012
    I don`t have the links to download in the Past Purchases, why?

are u downloading it for pc mac or ps3
  • edited April 2012
    Sure it does. I spent 22$ on this and feel like I should have gotten $22 worth of entertainment. Were this 3x longer for a play through...maybe I'd still be playing it instead of trashing it in the forums.

Over too quick. Overpriced. And really just preying on your love of all things zombie apocalypse related. I just don't walk away from this with the urge to tell people how awesome it is. And I don't think I'd dust this off in a year to play it again.

Graphically speaking, it's aesthetically pleasing. Actors...convincing. Just seriously lacking content. I was expecting more. Not explosions, rockets and flamethrowers and pretty flashing lights... just...more. Like 5 hours more. And maybe some flamethrowers.

Technically speaking you shouldn't be getting 22$ worth of entertainment as this is just the first episode of 5. You should really only be worried about getting $4.40 worth of entertainment...

Edit: And I totally posted this before noticing that someone else drew your attention to it...
  • edited April 2012
    I cannot wait to play this game, as a huge fan of walking dead im so hyped!!! Just waiting for it to release on consoles in the UK!!!!!

if its anything like reading the Novels then its gonna be freakin Beast!!
  • edited April 2012
    are u downloading it for pc mac or ps3

for mac
  • edited April 2012

Oh, well I think I can agree with you there from what I've seen. Though I'm witholding all my thoughts until the game is in my hands.
This discussion has been closed.