Request: PSN Avatars to compliment PS3 theme - Walking Dead

Hi Telltale!

So I just bought the season pass on PSN. Extremely excited to get going...

I'd like to request that you release a PSN Avatar pack to compliment the nice Premium Theme you have with buying the season pass. I want all my PSN friends to see I'm a walking dead fan! Plus having PSN avatars is another great way to advertise as anyone who has one showing for their profile, all their friends can see that.

Thank you!:D

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I agree. I am currently using the Resident Evil Zombie for my avatar. A Walking Dead one would be great
  • edited April 2012
    raspy_zo wrote: »
    I agree. I am currently using the Resident Evil Zombie for my avatar. A Walking Dead one would be great
    Well Telltale seems to be pretty good at keeping in touch and communicating with fans, so I'm hopeful they get a chance to read this!
  • edited April 2012
    bump

Can a Telltale employee at least let me know they saw this? I really think it's important you release an avatar pack to compliment the PS3 theme. Please let me know your thoughts...
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2012
    I saw this post and think its an awesome idea! Its get a Lee or Larry avatar for myself in a heartbeat! (so to speak). But i'm just a lowly designer. I have no idea what it'd take to make this a reality.
  • edited April 2012
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    I saw this post and think its an awesome idea! Its get a Lee or Larry avatar for myself in a heartbeat! (so to speak). But i'm just a lowly designer. I have no idea what it'd take to make this a reality.
    Well, it shouldn't take too much to make it a reality. I mean, all they are is profile avatars! Something that everyone uses everywhere on almost every social median. Since Telltale authorized, designed and released a theme for PS3 already I figured this was not asking too much.

From my experience in these matters (which I have some) it's always the developer who has to first design these customizing items (like themes and avatars) then the publisher who puts in approval with Sony or Microsoft if it's for their networks. Telltale is both a publisher and developer right? Easy peazy!

Thank you Mark for the reply!
  • edited April 2012
    instead of taking care of minor things, they should focus on adding a invert Y axis option. Stupid telltale
  • edited April 2012
    instead of taking care of minor things, they should focus on adding a invert Y axis option. Stupid telltale
    I've requested customizable items before with other developer and game forums, for places like PSN and XBL, and at some point I always get this kind of response. I mean NO disrespect at all, so please don't take me the wrong way here. The argument is: let the developer focus on "more important things". Well, let me say, that in my opinion, having a few little profile avatars released on PSN would hardly take any focus away from development. We're talking about something that can be made and released in a matter of hours, if not minutes.

Only reason I ask about this sort of thing is because I've seen it happen so many times, where a nice theme is released (in this case the theme you get free with season pass on PS3) and complimenting profile avatars (or on Xbox, gamer pictures) are not released with it; and it just doesn't make sense to do this. It's like doing something only half way. I love Telltale and this game and I just want to proudly show that. The only way I can do that on PS3 is with a profile avatar.
  • edited April 2012
    I've requested customizable items before with other developer and game forums, for places like PSN and XBL, and at some point I always get this kind of response. I mean NO disrespect at all, so please don't take me the wrong way here. The argument is: let the developer focus on "more important things". Well, let me say, that in my opinion, having a few little profile avatars released on PSN would hardly take any focus away from development. We're talking about something that can be made and released in a matter of hours, if not minutes.

Only reason I ask about this sort of thing is because I've seen it happen so many times, where a nice theme is released (in this case the theme you get free with season pass on PS3) and complimenting profile avatars (or on Xbox, gamer pictures) are not released with it; and it just doesn't make sense to do this. It's like doing something only half way. I love Telltale and this game and I just want to proudly show that. The only way I can do that on PS3 is with a profile avatar.

it might take few minutes to fix that for a regular company, but I doubt tellfaketales would do that.They released an incomplete game with no basic control options, and @#$ the gamers. No statement released, nothing to update us. I paid 20 bucks for this incomplete game that I can't play.
  • edited April 2012
    Forums really need "ignore" options
  • edited April 2012
    it might take few minutes to fix that for a regular company, but I doubt tellfaketales would do that.They released an incomplete game with no basic control options, and @#$ the gamers. No statement released, nothing to update us. I paid 20 bucks for this incomplete game that I can't play.
    I wasn't asking for a "fix", I was asking for PSN avatars to compliment the premium theme they made (which you could only get with a season pass purchase). I've played a good bit of the game so far and it was pleasantly enjoyable. It's not an FPS or RPG if that's what people are expecting, but it is very solid for an adventure game. I saw nothing wrong with the controls. You don't need control "options" since there you don't have much control of the character or environment BY design. It's designed to have limited control. When you go into a game like this understanding it's design then you are not disappointed. This purely a story driven, minimal interaction and control adventure game, done well.
    Forums really need "ignore" options
    I know some forums do have this option, I think. Though I don't remember ever using it...
  • edited May 2012
    BUMP

Any word from any of you Telltale employees about making these PSN avatars to compliment the PS3 theme you designed? You know, the theme you gave us loyal fans for subscribing to the full season of the game on PSN?

I'd like to have these avatars. Thanks. :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2012

I don't consider no inverted controls as incomplete.

Also, why can't you play this? Do you have some problem where you think invertedly?

Actually, why do people want inverted controls for a point n click game? I'm not attacking anyone or anything, but why do you need this? Its a point n click game. Not a flight simulator.
  • edited May 2012
    avatars be nice but barking up the wrong tree you should be yellin at the psn guys to get that ball rolling.
  • edited May 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    avatars be nice but barking up the wrong tree you should be yellin at the psn guys to get that ball rolling.

Mm, not quite. PSN is only a medium as far as content and events go. A company either allows the creation of avatars from one of their works (assuming they give full, proper credit), or they do it themselves. It's then up to the network techs/programmers for PSN/XBL/Steam to actually put these products on their marketplace.
  • edited May 2012
    Xirsche wrote: »
    Mm, not quite. PSN is only a medium as far as content and events go. A company either allows the creation of avatars from one of their works (assuming they give full, proper credit), or they do it themselves. It's then up to the network techs/programmers for PSN/XBL/Steam to actually put these products on their marketplace.
    Correct! I have done my homework regarding digital content like this and it's always up to the Developer to design the items (in this case PSN avatars) and then they usually have to petition the Publisher (who always owns the IP - "Intellectual Property" and publishing rights for everything) - but in Telltale's case, they are both developer and publisher I believe, so two for the price of one! :p

It's much more difficult to ask a company contracted with a big publisher, like EA or Activision, for something like a theme or avatars. I have tried with these larger publishers/developers and never got anywhere. Telltale seems much more accessible and more in tune with their fans. I'm confident they will see this and realize it's only right to compliment their beautiful Walking Dead game theme with some nice PSN avatars.
  • edited May 2012
    Correct! I have done my homework regarding digital content like this and it's always up to the Developer to design the items (in this case PSN avatars) and then they usually have to petition the Publisher (who always owns the IP - "Intellectual Property" and publishing rights for everything) - but in Telltale's case, they are both developer and publisher I believe, so two for the price of one! :p

It's much more difficult to ask a company contracted with a big publisher, like EA or Activision, for something like a theme or avatars. I have tried with these larger publishers/developers and never got anywhere. Telltale seems much more accessible and more in tune with their fans. I'm confident they will see this and realize it's only right to compliment their beautiful Walking Dead game theme with some nice PSN avatars.

I think it would be even more so if they released avatars/gamer images as more episodes come out. Like right now, it could be Lee, Clem, Kenny, Lilly, Carly and such. Then for episode 2, add the new characters as avatars. Or just wait for all 5 episodes to be finished and release them all at once.
  • edited May 2012
    All I want is a Clem avatar, she's like the cutest kid in a videogame ever.
  • edited May 2012
    If you make avatars, then please also include a zombie.
  • edited May 2012
    All I want is some avatars "period" LOL :p I'm sure if they decided to do them they will likely be profiles (faces) of all the main characters and I'm sure there would be a zombie one.
  • edited May 2012
    All I want is some avatars "period" LOL :p I'm sure if they decided to do them they will likely be profiles (faces) of all the main characters and I'm sure there would be a zombie one.
    Why not having avatars of all main characters before and after they got bitten?

But something just came to my mind. They cannot release avatars of all main characters before all episodes have been released else you would know who a main character is. Maybe they should make avatars for each episode.
  • edited May 2012
    Lachi wrote: »
    Why not having avatars of all main characters before and after they got bitten?

But something just came to my mind. They cannot release avatars of all main characters before all episodes have been released else you would know who a main character is. Maybe they should make avatars for each episode.
    An excellent idea! That would be the best way to go about it...

Some one previously said the same thing earlier in the thread. I think avatars for each episode specific would be great. :)
This discussion has been closed.