Thank you Mike! :)

This guy is working hard for us...
He's posting since yesterday 05:18 pm to this morning 08:08 am, and still counting...

It's 15 hours of continuos work...
Just appreciating your hard work, so:

T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U !!!

:)

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Yes.. thank you Mike! Now go get some sleep!
  • edited April 2012
    I have to admit, even with my skeptical self, Mike has been consistent.
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you Mike and the entire TellTale team!! :)

With all the new members making a lot of noise regarding the delay, those of us who understand can take some time to show our appreciation in this thread :)
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you for this awesome game and good work Mike and the rest of Telltale team!!!!
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you telltale!

You're simply great for giving out the steam codes.

I just finished my first playthrough of episode one and I'm flabbergasted by how good the game is.

Congratulations once again for an amazing job!!!!
  • edited April 2012
    Yup. Thanks TT!
  • edited April 2012
    I will wait for a fix to thank:)
  • edited April 2012
    I have to say, I tried JP and BTTF and didn't like either of them. I couldn't resist on TWD though because I'm such a huge fan of everything WD, I just had to have it. I must say, I have a ton of respect for TellTale and everyone working on this game now. I pre-order tons of games, and never before has a developer looked out for their customers the way TellTale has. I've had plenty of games that were supposed to come out a certain day and got pushed back a day or so with absolutely no explanation as to why, and certainly no freebie codes to go download it elsewhere while I wait. Also, this is the first time I've been on forums and actually seen developers and/or programmers actually following the blogs and posting updates in real-time. It's things like this that will cause those of us who, like me, didn't really care for past games to buy future products from Telltale because they showed they really care about their customers. I have played a little of TWD, and I must say I absolutely love it! For any fan of Robert Kirkman, TWD graphic novels, TWD tv show, this game rocks! Play it with the mindset that you are playing through the graphic novel and you will love it! I can honestly say that when I heard TWD was going to have a game I thought...."How awesome would it be to have a Dead Island style game, only better, and in TWD universe...", but after playing episode 1 a little, I'm glad Kirkman went with Telltale. I actually like feeling like I'm playing through a graphic novel as opposed to an open world action game more so than I thought I would.

Hats off to Telltale for this masterpiece, and because of your loyalty and concern for your customers, I will be back in the future to buy newer games from you.

For all the flamers out there...

Things happen. Games get delayed at the last minute all the time. Count yourself lucky that Telltale acknowledged you at all. Most other companies would have gone silent, not followed/commented on forums, and not given out freebies. You would have had to wait until the problem was solved, and even then might not have gotten an explanation as to why it was delayed. To be honest, if I were Telltale, I would read through the forums and for all the flamers I would have not sent them an email explanation or code.

Thank again Telltale!!
  • edited April 2012
    I have to say, I tried JP and BTTF and didn't like either of them. I couldn't resist on TWD though because I'm such a huge fan of everything WD, I just had to have it. I must say, I have a ton of respect for TellTale and everyone working on this game now. I pre-order tons of games, and never before has a developer looked out for their customers the way TellTale has. I've had plenty of games that were supposed to come out a certain day and got pushed back a day or so with absolutely no explanation as to why, and certainly no freebie codes to go download it elsewhere while I wait. Also, this is the first time I've been on forums and actually seen developers and/or programmers actually following the blogs and posting updates in real-time. It's things like this that will cause those of us who, like me, didn't really care for past games to buy future products from Telltale because they showed they really care about their customers. I have played a little of TWD, and I must say I absolutely love it! For any fan of Robert Kirkman, TWD graphic novels, TWD tv show, this game rocks! Play it with the mindset that you are playing through the graphic novel and you will love it! I can honestly say that when I heard TWD was going to have a game I thought...."How awesome would it be to have a Dead Island style game, only better, and in TWD universe...", but after playing episode 1 a little, I'm glad Kirkman went with Telltale. I actually like feeling like I'm playing through a graphic novel as opposed to an open world action game more so than I thought I would.

Hats off to Telltale for this masterpiece, and because of your loyalty and concern for your customers, I will be back in the future to buy newer games from you.

For all the flamers out there...

Things happen. Games get delayed at the last minute all the time. Count yourself lucky that Telltale acknowledged you at all. Most other companies would have gone silent, not followed/commented on forums, and not given out freebies. You would have had to wait until the problem was solved, and even then might not have gotten an explanation as to why it was delayed. To be honest, if I were Telltale, I would read through the forums and for all the flamers I would have not sent them an email explanation or code.

Thank again Telltale!!

I'd love to see your speech when your purchased item doesn't work:).
  • edited April 2012
    Danke schön!
  • edited April 2012

Well, appreciation for hard work is sincere.
    Problem happens - as I write I haven't received the Steam code yet - but I know that they're working hard just to let me play as soon as possible.

I just appreciate people who's leaving their family home just to fix some tech bug for their customers. They're paid for this, but they're not entitled to do 15+ hours each day... So, I'm quiet, and I appreciate everything they're doing. :)
  • edited April 2012
    I still believe that Telltale would make it up to me, even if my Steam version didn't work. Just the fact that they gave out the code at all tells me they care. If my Steam version didn't work, I have confidence that they would do something to make it right. As I said....things happen, that's life. It's what a company does about it that defines who they are.
  • edited April 2012
    Well, appreciation for hard work is sincere.
    Problem happens - as I write I haven't received the Steam code yet - but I know that they're working hard just to let me play as soon as possible.

I just appreciate people who's leaving their family home just to fix some tech bug for their customers. They're paid for this, but they're not entitled to do 15+ hours each day... So, I'm quiet, and I appreciate everything they're doing. :)

I was mostly referring to the flamers comment. You know most us are leaving our money which I consider like family:)

You know the forum can be accessed from their homes?
  • edited April 2012
    Yes great job mike!!
  • edited April 2012
    I still believe that Telltale would make it up to me, even if my Steam version didn't work. Just the fact that they gave out the code at all tells me they care. If my Steam version didn't work, I have confidence that they would do something to make it right. As I said....things happen, that's life. It's what a company does about it that defines who they are.

It's all about first impressions.

Even the "money grubbing corporations" patch their games.:D

I prefer results.

I don't give premature thank yous usually.
  • edited April 2012
    I will wait for a fix to thank:)

Your avatar is appropriate. :D
  • edited April 2012
    AtleeUlver wrote: »
    Your avatar is appropriate. :D

I know right?;)
  • edited April 2012
    Most of computer problems lies between the monitor and the chair...
  • edited April 2012
    Most of computer problems lies between the monitor and the chair...

The keyboard? Who'd a thought?
  • edited April 2012
    It's all about first impressions.

Even the "money grubbing corporations" patch their games.:D

I prefer results.

I don't give premature thank yous usually.
    Nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to wait on this game, or post in the forums. If your first impression of Telltale is so horrible, then why are you even still on their site, posting on their forums? Obviously they must not have left that bad of an impression on you. I'd much rather get a FREE code for another version to pass the time while they fix the issues with their version than get their version now with a patch later. To me, that is crappy. If you have to patch it day 1, then you shouldn't have released it yet. I've had plenty of games from companies I love with day 1,2,3,4 patches and I say the same thing about them..."delay the a day or so and send out a FINISHED product!!!" I understand how you feel, I do, but a FINISHED game is better than a PATCHED-UP game in my opinion!

I Hope you enjoy the game when it finally comes out because it is a good one!
  • edited April 2012
    Let's back in-thread.

I wish to thank also the Moderator community that, often as volunteer, keeps this place as clean as possible! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to wait on this game, or post in the forums. If your first impression of Telltale is so horrible, then why are you even still on their site, posting on their forums? Obviously they must not have left that bad of an impression on you. I'd much rather get a FREE code for another version to pass the time while they fix the issues with their version than get their version now with a patch later. To me, that is crappy. If you have to patch it day 1, then you shouldn't have released it yet. I've had plenty of games from companies I love with day 1,2,3,4 patches and I say the same thing about them..."delay the a day or so and send out a FINISHED product!!!" I understand how you feel, I do, but a FINISHED game is better than a PATCHED-UP game in my opinion!

I Hope you enjoy the game when it finally comes out because it is a good one!

I'm here because they have my money:) You'd think U'd see that!

Yeah ur right, why have a millions patches when u can have a semi functioning game.
  • edited April 2012
    Ever heard of a refund?

ps.I'm not hating on u...just having fun bantering! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Ever heard of a refund?

ps.I'm not hating on u...just having fun bantering! ;)

I am not taking it personal don't worry, I have a steam ticket open.

But I prefer to not go that route, I am a big fan of the Walking Dead series.
  • edited April 2012

I have to agree. It's by far mine and my wife's favorite series. I'm also looking forward to the Facebook Walking Dead Game! If it has to do with The Walking Dead...I'm there!!
  • edited April 2012

What exactly is the issue you are having if you don't mind me asking?
  • edited April 2012
    I came to say thank you aswell. Also I hope having to give out Steam codes doesn't hurt the prospects of a season 2 if it sells well enough. I enjoyed Eps1 so well that after I downloaded it, I played until 3:30 a.m. EDT :D. Thanks again
  • edited April 2012
    I bet poor old Mike is running himself ragged... Has he even got some shuteye last night?
    I bet he's running on a mix of Red Bull and adrenaline...

Thanks Buddy you've more then earned it!
  • edited April 2012
    As I said in another thread...

I really appreciate the efforts from the whole Telltale team to solve this issue and I want to thank them for that.

Mike, you were here giving to us continuous information updates until 1:30 A.M, I want to thank you for your effort and I hope that this morning you had eat more than a energy bar. :)

I keep waiting for TWD release on TTG and we hope those issues were solved soon.
  • edited April 2012
    What exactly is the issue you are having if you don't mind me asking?

It crashes after the Start Screen.
  • edited April 2012
    It crashes after the Start Screen.

Is there an error message in the Steam client?
  • edited April 2012
    Is there an error message in the Steam client?

No it and 101walkingdead.exe error. Nothing to do with Steam.
  • edited April 2012
    No it and 101walkingdead.exe error. Nothing to do with Steam.

If you haven't done so already; would please run dxdiag and post the results for Mike in this page right here. Thanks.
  • edited April 2012
    I have already.
  • edited April 2012
    Bump to thank the efforts from the whole Telltale Team with this big issue. Mike, thanks to you too for being there sending Steam codes manually and... being there. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Telltale team, thank you. Thank you for making this game, thank you for working yourselves to the bone to resolve those last minute issues, and thank you for the Steam codes when the fixes took longer than expected to roll out. I don't know if they're part of the official Telltale team, but thank you to the mods who had to play peacekeeper during these issues.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm loving it!!!

No problems playing. Awesome graphics, awesome sound...and TTG guys were telling me my PC wont run but it did! I love u my Acer!
  • edited April 2012
    We love you guys too! And, no, mods are not TT employees. Just fans who help out!
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you, TroL1qu1dat1on, for taking the time to derail a sincere and heartfelt "thankyou" thread and turn it into your own crusade against people who are actively working hard to help you.
  • edited April 2012
    Then there are those that are neither TT employees nor mods that just love to blab about every frickin thing! *waves* hehehehe :D

BTW, Thanks TTG and mods! You all are awesome!
This discussion has been closed.