Where is the XBOX version?

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
there was already an update today but it's not there! wtf PS3 and PC is out, but XBOX 360 No? :(

Comments

• edited April 2012
    That is up to Microsoft. Last I heard the internet said will be out 12 PM EST, which seemed strange to me.
  • edited April 2012
    Where did you hear that? I found a forum post on Xbox.com that said they will have the game up at 9:30 AM Newfoundland time after they do maintence but no signs of game or maintence so far
  • edited April 2012
    I wish I could remember. It was on the internet somewhere. A forum post. Not very reliable I know.
  • edited April 2012
    Well Xbox live said there is a demo for Dragon's Dogma out today and it's not up yet, so perhaps there will be another update and maybe Walking Dead will be on it. I will keep checking here and hoping someone will see it get updated as I am not at home with my xbox. I will of course post here if I get any other information.
  • edited April 2012
    Is there anyway we can find out if/when the next xbox update hits, ive had a nosey on there forums and found nothing, but i could be looking in the wrong place, i coukdnt even find any info about the weekly updates, i had previously assumed it was just a daily thing as standard, colour me stupid :D
  • edited April 2012
    wow this totally sucks
  • edited April 2012
    gamjuven wrote: »
    Well Xbox live said there is a demo for Dragon's Dogma out today and it's not up yet, so perhaps there will be another update and maybe Walking Dead will be on it. I will keep checking here and hoping someone will see it get updated as I am not at home with my xbox. I will of course post here if I get any other information.

what? i already downloaded the dragon's dogma demo and played it lol, game is epic.
  • edited April 2012
    BlackEyes wrote: »
    what? i already downloaded the dragon's dogma demo and played it lol, game is epic.

Huh, well that was around 7:45AM EST that I last looked, so that was about 2 hours ago, so I might have just missed it. Dang it, that doesn't seem probably that walking dead is coming out today then. Lame. Good to hear that demo is good though, I look forward to trying it out.
  • edited April 2012
    it doesnt even look like its on xbox arcade page any more :/

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxArcadeGames?SortBy=ReleaseDate
  • edited April 2012
    If you search for it you will still find it, though i have just been in contact with xbox, there are no reasons on there end why any new product that would debut today has not already done so, basically, xbox gamers are unlucky today, which is a shame, been looking forward to this game for ages
  • edited April 2012
    Ugh, I was really hoping to download it this morning and play a bit before some friends come over. )x I hate waiting for stuff that should already be out.
  • edited April 2012
    If you search for it you will still find it, though i have just been in contact with xbox, there are no reasons on there end why any new product that would debut today has not already done so, basically, xbox gamers are unlucky today, which is a shame, been looking forward to this game for ages

Do you think this means we will have to wait a whole week for the game?? :eek:
  • edited April 2012
    yes
  • edited April 2012
    Pretty much, especially as there has been no official word, from mods or TTG, i assume we are at the bottom of the list
  • edited April 2012
    Kind of ironic considering that their poll says more people will play on XBLA than anything else that they've kept us in the dark about it for so long.
  • edited April 2012
    If you look on there blog, unless im reading it wrong, it says info about the xbox version will come later this week :/

And before anyone gets angry, the next bit is popularity, NOT by which is better, in order of player base only it would go:

1. PC
    2. XBOX
    3. PS3
    4. iOS

and i think i would laugh at the tragic state of affairs if iOS got it before us, i picked the android tablet gorram it! ;)

Checked xbox site again, the date reappeared.... And its today... What the ruttin heck is going on
  • edited April 2012
    I just got finished chatting with Xbox Customer Support and this is what they had to say:

Fergus: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Fergus. How can I help you today?
    Daniel: I seem to be having trouble with the Walkind Dead. It doesn't give me the option to download the game. The xbox website has it listed as releasing today, but I only get the option to rate or watch a video preview.
    Fergus: The chances are it is not released just yet, if you check back through out the day you should see the download listing become available at some point
    Daniel: Ok. Thank you. I tried looking for any information I could find, but couldn't find any help on this matter.
    Daniel: I thought maybe it was a problem on my end.
    Fergus: I had a look myself there, probably just a delay with the developer of the game, but I wouldn't worry too much, it should be up today, before the night out is out for sure!
    Daniel: Thank you very much. I've been looking forward to this and was disappointed to not see it when I woke up this morning.
    Fergus: I can understand your plight, if it's not there by the end of the day come back and see if we have any more updates for you!

I'm not too relieved by this, but it does leave a glimmer of hope.
  • edited April 2012
    My chat went similar, with the exception i got told not to expect it today, but saying that im in the UK, so it may appear while its someones today, just not mine if ya get ma drift
  • edited April 2012
    My chat went similar, with the exception i got told not to expect it today, but saying that im in the UK, so it may appear while its someones today, just not mine if ya get ma drift

I'm pickin up what your puttin down. I'm CST here in the US so if it is released today, I'm guessing sometime after noon CST. I will keep this thread updated with any more news I come across. I'm ready to play this game, but I would rather my $5 be spent towards an XBLA version as opposed to PC seeing as I'm not really a PC gamer. If Sony can have theirs on time, why can't we(please no talk of which console is superior, to each his own)?
  • edited April 2012
    Ill be keeping an eye on this thread, hopefully it will stay near to the top so we may get an official, or semi official responce.
  • edited April 2012
    I hope we have something soon. If it's not releasing today, at least tell us it's not, and maybe give us some clue as to when instead of the same ole corporate "releasing soon" response. I'm trying to give them my money, but they won't accept it.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah. I kind of planned the end of the day around this. It would be nice to know if I should just scrap those plans and make others.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah. I kind of planned the end of the day around this. It would be nice to know if so should just scrap those plans and make others.

I know the feeling, bro. Today is my only day off this week. It was perfect because Walking Dead and Bloodforge were supposed to release today. The Walking Dead is MIA at the moment, and Bloodforge seems to suffer from some major bugs, so it looks like instead of spending $20 today, I'm spending nothing.
  • edited April 2012
    I think i for one will be getting a different game soon, knowing i will play this in the future, but still, i was reading an article about whether episodic games are the future, but with the issues of digital distribution and multi platform releases, im gonna have to say no.
  • edited April 2012
    I agree. While the future of gaming may be digital, episodic is gonna still be a niche market. I still think full-length is gonna be the standard.
  • edited April 2012
    I agree. While the future of gaming may be digital, episodic is gonna still be a niche market. I still think full-length is gonna be the standard.

Couldnt agree more, the idea was that they could release shorter games cheaper and faster, look what happened with half life lol
  • edited April 2012
    Couldnt agree more, the idea was that they could release shorter games cheaper and faster, look what happened with half life lol

Definitely wouldn't get past an episode 2 of anything Valve releases: Half-Life 2, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Left4Dead 2, DotA 2...they don't like trilogies apparently.
  • edited April 2012
    And the fact we're dealing with microsoft says to me we have no chance today lol
  • edited April 2012
    Really having a hard time believing the developers are still being so coy with the release date. Starting to think their game was so badly broken that it failed Microsoft certification. If there were any other reason for it's delay they would be complete morons not to address it. I heard about how bad Jurassic Park was on the xBox and fully expect this to be about the same level of quality. The only reason I anticipate it is because of the intelectual property. Does it not seem the developers are purposely leaving a bad taste in the mouths of xBox customers? If not, then why do they not at least post a message somewhere indicating there is a delay so I do not have to keep checking to see if happens to be released yet. Telltale should really take a good look at their community manager and see if he or she is still breathing. Seriously if they do not publish at least a solid release date today I am going to spend my points on something else and play this on a friends xBox later just to cost telltale what was a guaranteed sale. If they can not even bother to address customer concerns I can not be bothered to pay to play their game.
  • edited April 2012
    I planned all yesterday to play this game and it didn't come out so, im like well damn so I plan today to play the game and it isnt out WTF......I'm thinking if we have to wait any longer we shld get a discount.. 200msp lol
  • edited April 2012
    I think it's more a case of the Xbox service and management leaving a bad taste in the 'mouth' of the devs. Going on their history with the service, especially XBLA you should feel lucky that it'll be coming to the system at all. As for the release date, like most things it'll be set by Microsoft and they probably haven't told Telltale when it'll hit. Rest assured that Telltale would pass on the release information if they had it.
  • edited April 2012
    GasPain wrote: »
    Really having a hard time believing the developers are still being so coy with the release date. Starting to think their game was so badly broken that it failed Microsoft certification. If there were any other reason for it's delay they would be complete morons not to address it. I heard about how bad Jurassic Park was on the xBox and fully expect this to be about the same level of quality. The only reason I anticipate it is because of the intelectual property. Does it not seem the developers are purposely leaving a bad taste in the mouths of xBox customers? If not, then why do they not at least post a message somewhere indicating there is a delay so I do not have to keep checking to see if happens to be released yet. Telltale should really take a good look at their community manager and see if he or she is still breathing. Seriously if they do not publish at least a solid release date today I am going to spend my points on something else and play this on a friends xBox later just to cost telltale what was a guaranteed sale. If they can not even bother to address customer concerns I can not be bothered to pay to play their game.

Chillax man, there working day for the 25th starts soon, that gives them a good 9 hours to quench our thirst for knowledge, after that of course, go nuts.
  • edited April 2012

Valve's pretty much admitted the Half-Life episodes don't really count as episodic gaming.

Telltale actually has managed to release shorter games cheaper and faster.
  • edited April 2012
    Valve's pretty much admitted the Half-Life episodes don't really count as episodic gaming.

Telltale actually has managed to release shorter games cheaper and faster.

Without getting into a rage war i was merely stating that episodic digital releases across several differnt platforms and distributors MAY have been too much for these guys to handle, but thats no reason to be mad at them, itd be like kicking a puppy for shitting on your rug.
  • edited April 2012
    Info that i got from xbox support.
    Camille: I understand you wanted to know about The Walking Dead. Let me check on that for you. Just a moment.
    Brandon: ok
    Camille: Yes, it is due to release by the end of today, as an Arcade game.
    Camille: We don't have the time announced yet, but as soon as it becomes available you will see it here: http://majornelson.com/marketplace/
  • edited April 2012
    MajorNelson just confirmed it for release this Friday.

source: https://twitter.com/#!/majornelson/status/195195002949865473
  • edited April 2012
    Thats fucking bullshit!!!!!!! Atleast its coming out tho.
  • edited April 2012
    Good to hear there's an actual release date. I can plan accordingly. Thank you.
  • edited April 2012
    well that figures whenever i plan for something shit always happenes thanks telltale
This discussion has been closed.