Glenn - Voice Actor

I know this is not an actual issue but it is an interesting side note seeing as Steven Yeun plays Glenn in the show and the characters look exactly alike for the most part but yet in the end credits I noticed that Glenn was played by someone else. Any given reason other than availability?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Telltale doesn't have much of a budget when it comes to voice acting, so they tend to go with no-names. You'll notice they even avoid the "big" voice actors, the ones who seem to be in every cartoon or video game you can think of (Billy West, Tara Strong, Frank Welker, etc.)

Telltale does try to always get a character's original voice when they can, though. Sometimes they succeed (the entire cast of Homestar Runner, Guybrush, Elaine, Murray, and later LeChuck, The Heavy, Doc Brown and Jennifer) and sometimes they don't (Sam and Max, Wallace, Stan, the Voodoo Lady, and at first LeChuck, everyone else in BttF).
  • edited April 2012
    And besides that the game is based on the comic books and not the TV show so it should have no relation to it be it in the form of music, or actors or anything else that only exists with the show. The fact that the character looks like the actor is probably coincidental (though I don't really see it myself, but then I've not played it yet) and maybe even a little bit racist.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah all those asians look and sound alike....

I keed I keed

Glenn is Korean.

Actually I didn't have anything else to say
  • edited April 2012
    Actually most if not all of the characters from the comic look just like the actors from the show. It is done on purpose. Heck they took daryl from the show and put him into the comic. The only differences is in cases of characters such as Hershel and Dale where age made the representation of the characters impossible. Hershel in the comic is in his sixties but looks and acts like a 40 year old badass.
  • edited April 2012
    I know this is not an actual issue but it is an interesting side note seeing as Steven Yeun plays Glenn in the show and the characters look exactly alike for the most part but yet in the end credits I noticed that Glenn was played by someone else. Any given reason other than availability?
    Glenn from the game does NOT look like Glenn from the TV series (or the comic for that matter, see below:

the-walking-dead-glenn-comp.jpg Walking-Dead-Char-2.jpg

Although personally I have seen slightly different variations of Glenn from the comic book series but if anything, the game version look slightly similar to the comic version, but the actor looks very different from either.

Of course, to some people, all Asians look alike.
  • edited April 2012
    Game Glenn is definitely closer to Comic Glenn than Show Glenn.
  • edited April 2012
    One of them is wearing a different hat... I win?
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    If there any complaints on Glenn, you can just forward them my way since I voiced him. hah. My first gig and I can barely stand to play through scenes with him.
  • edited April 2012
    Really? You've done a great job. As always, Glenn is one of my favorite characters.

Uh, how many takes did it take to get the
    vomiting scene
    right? :p
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    SPOILERS!

But I'm pretty sure it was 2 or 3 :cool:
  • edited April 2012
    That was you? You did an amazing job. I especially like the final scene between Glenn and Lee.
  • edited April 2012
    That's pretty awesome, I haven't been able to play the game yet but Glenn is my favorite character from the comic/show. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Congrats on doing a great job on the voice acting.

Also, it's very cool to see a voice actor interacting with fans on a public forum.
  • Sean ASean A Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2012
    NickTTG wrote: »
    If there any complaints on Glenn, you can just forward them my way since I voiced him. hah. My first gig and I can barely stand to play through scenes with him.

I for one thought he was terrible. I tried to get him recast a million times... ;)
  • edited April 2012
    And besides that the game is based on the comic books and not the TV show so it should have no relation to it be it in the form of music, or actors or anything else that only exists with the show. The fact that the character looks like the actor is probably coincidental (though I don't really see it myself, but then I've not played it yet) and maybe even a little bit racist.

It's racist that they made an Asian character look Asian?
  • edited April 2012
    The voice acting in the first episode was generally okay :)
  • edited April 2012
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »
    It's racist that they made an Asian character look Asian?

I was referring to the fact that the OP thought game Glenn looked like Steven Yeun when in he doesn't really aside from the fact that they are both Asian males.
This discussion has been closed.