How long is this game?

Played the demo and LOVED it, Cant wait to get it in a few days.But I was wondering how long is it? :)
Thanks

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Mother, is that you?? I didn't know you were into zombie games. :D

...about two hours per episode. Although some people seem to have managed it way faster yesterday.
  • edited April 2012
    2/3 hours per episode. In a total 5 episode means 10/15 hours of game. For less than 25$!
  • edited April 2012
    I played 3,5 hours because I got stuck at a "puzzle". If you explore everything and talk to everyone you'll get 2,5 or 3 hours for sure.
  • edited April 2012
    Also, I believe the replayability (given the various choices offered) will be high.
  • edited April 2012
    big-augen wrote: »
    I played 3,5 hours because I got stuck at a "puzzle".

o_0
  • edited April 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    o_0

Yea, I know... didn't find the pillow... made some coffee... twice... and continued playing... 3,5h
  • edited April 2012
    2-3 hours per episode, 5 episodes total.
  • edited April 2012
    With about 2 hours minimum unless you skip a lot of the dialogue and grab items and at least a minimum of 2 play throughs I feel like it's more like 4 hours per episode minimum and somewhere along 8 hours maximum due to how much each episode is re-playable.

Great game though. A wonderful departure from the regular zombie titles getting spat out lately.

That's a wonderful 40 hours if you bleed it out. Which is definitely great for $25 or less!
  • edited April 2012
    yeah took me 3 hours but the game was so enjoyable it felt like a half hour time flew so fast lol loveing this game so far the adventure game mechanic is ones of telltales best i hope they hold on to this mechanic.
  • edited April 2012
    its very short, and you cant deviate from the main story very much. yes, you can choose different options, but ultimately you go the same direction.

*****SPOILER*** for example, SPOILER***
    you cant save shawn, no matter what. he dies and you have to go with kenny.

you cant leave the girl in the motel when you save where you find glenn hiding. you HAVE to save her.

you cant go with glenn when he leaves. you have to stay with the rest of the crew.

these are very big plot changes, if they were options. its pretty linear for the most part.
  • edited April 2012
    1st play trough took me 1hr 30min without rushing trough
  • edited April 2012
    sounds about right. not really many options to change for multiple runs either
  • edited April 2012
    1 hour if you have clues on and about 2 hours if you don't have anything on and you don't know what to do. Per episode
  • edited April 2012
    Playing minimal it took me about 3-4 hours. With clues on and knowing what to do, it still took 2+ hours because I didn't miss a line of dialogue. Is there a way to skip cinematics?
  • edited April 2012
    According to Steam, it says two hours, but I think it might be a little over that.

I loved the first episode, it's amazing work, and it really feels like the comics and tv show (even if it's not based off on that one). I highly recommend it to anyone :)
  • edited April 2012
    were can i download the demo then
  • edited April 2012
    there isnt one, and im sure thats by design. id wait man, and get it when they "finish" it in august.
  • edited April 2012
    Or pay $5 for one episode, then decide to buy the rest of the season:-)
  • edited April 2012
    I finished my first run-through last night... Steam said 111 minutes played, so just under two hours for me. I plan on giving it at least one more run-through though.

The way you guys are talking, it seems like I missed some stuff my first go around... probably dialog related. I genuinely tried to talk to everybody and listen to everything they had to say though. I felt I took my time and didn't just blast through.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    My second playthrough probably was longer than the first. And more satisfying. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Does anyone know of a way to skip the cinematics? It's ok the first time, but if doing another run-through it is a bit annoying to sit through things every time. Also, is there any trick to fighting the zombies? The cross hair thing that displays shows four directional markers/arrows, but I don't see a way to actually direct my blows other than general aiming (and it still winds up doing the same thing each time even when I retry in the same situation).
  • edited May 2012
    jannar85 wrote: »
    Or pay $5 for one episode, then decide to buy the rest of the season:-)

if only this were possible...
  • edited May 2012
    weathertom wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a way to skip the cinematics? It's ok the first time, but if doing another run-through it is a bit annoying to sit through things every time. Also, is there any trick to fighting the zombies? The cross hair thing that displays shows four directional markers/arrows, but I don't see a way to actually direct my blows other than general aiming (and it still winds up doing the same thing each time even when I retry in the same situation).

you cant fast forward through cut scenes, as yet. i suppose if they want people to enjoy the replay value rather than be frustrated by repetitious dialogue, then they will fix it.

as for the strange cross thing, thats just a bad port from console to pc, and youll notice it looks like a controller cross pad. they simply chose not to customize for pc.
This discussion has been closed.