A decision that should have mattered but didn't (spoiler)

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Ok so i finished the game twice. one i saved doug and the other i saved the lady.

So the point here is that in one I gave the lady the gun to kill herself, and she did. It was cool. The other I didnt give it to her, we fell and she shot herself and zombies came after us.

when we are done with the episode i thought we couldn't go back to the motel because of the incident and the place was overrun by zombies. But we still went there.

And in the first it was Ok to go to the motel as we killed all the zombies there and no zombies came after us when she shot herself.

so it didn't matter if we gave her the gun or not, when it should have

Feel me?

Edit: Sorry about the title, supposed to be "A decision that should have mattered but didn't"

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Keep in mind that we're still only one episode in. That choice doesn't mean much now, but maybe it will in the long term.

For example, maybe if you give her the gun, everyone else will take you for a violent person and be less trusting of you later on.

Then again, the only other people around at the time were Glenn (who leaves to join Rick and the gang) and Carley (who may or may not be alive later). Maybe if you save Doug the gun choice makes no difference at all. Who knows. Guess we'll just have to see.
  • edited April 2012
    Oh, people noticed what you did. Glenn especially. I gave her the gun because I would want to off myself too if I had been bitten by a zombie. I'll soon be dead anyway, might was well save the people zombie me might eat. Don't know why Glenn said I was allowing her to give up. There is no zombrex in this world.
  • edited April 2012
    Rasher wrote: »
    There is no zombrex in this world.

It's only been a few days, nobody knows that yet. Many people, even long after the events of this game, still think it'd be better to hold off until somebody finds a cure.
  • edited April 2012
    Guys, in both scenarios the infected lady kills herself, but the real issue is that when you don't give her the gun the motel becomes crowded with zombies, then 30 minutes later you and your gang go to camp there. That's the issue, how did all those zombies disappear?
  • edited April 2012
    But I think most people get sick and die in a matter of days. After that it's zombie time and that is dangerous, and frankly the very thought of turning into a zombie is repulsive.

If you read the comics you'll see what becomes of Hershel's farm.
  • edited April 2012
    Voyrin wrote: »
    Guys, in both scenarios the infected lady kills herself, but the real issue is that when you don't give her the gun the motel becomes crowded with zombies, then 30 minutes later you and your gang go to camp there. That's the issue, how did all those zombies disappear?

It probably looked something like this.
  • edited April 2012

Didn't everyone hear shooting? In remember someone saying something like 'I hope that is the sound of us winning'. That probably got the zombie's attention.
  • edited April 2012
    There were so many of them, they ate everything in sight, and shambled off to "greener" pastures. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Didn't everyone hear shooting? In remember someone saying something like 'I hope that is the sound of us winning'. That probably got the zombie's attention.
    Except that occurs after you get to the motel at the end. Voyrin is speaking of prior to you getting there.
  • edited April 2012
    Honestly, I think this is something TTG overlooked. Or the zombies were distracted and left the motel before the group went there.
  • edited April 2012
    Honestly, I think this is something TTG overlooked. Or the zombies were distracted and left the motel before the group went there.
    It is difficult to know for sure without one of the writers popping in to tell us, but with everything going on currently in the game (it being the start of the "apocalypse" and all) and many people still alive, I believe they were just distracted and left.
  • edited April 2012
    The zombies were following you back to the Drugstore, so why would they still be there at the motel? They were chasing the car towards the cut scene, and as we know the zombies will follow...forever.

i feel you about some of the choices though, i was expecting a bigger impact on some of the decisions.
  • edited April 2012
    Zhombre wrote: »
    The zombies were following you back to the Drugstore, so why would they still be there at the motel? They were chasing the car towards the cut scene, and as we know the zombies will follow...forever.

i feel you about some of the choices though, i was expecting a bigger impact on some of the decisions.
    Thanks for that. I had not actually played out that branch yet, so had not seen them chasing back to the drugstore. Good catch.

As for choices, I have a feeling we will see more repercussions from our choices in later episodes. Some may be blatant and some may not be apparent at all. Making a particular choice in Ep 1 may affect what you can do in Ep 3, and you would not even know it unless you played Ep 1 again and chose a different branch.
  • edited April 2012
    But I think most people get sick and die in a matter of days. After that it's zombie time and that is dangerous, and frankly the very thought of turning into a zombie is repulsive.

If you read the comics you'll see what becomes of Hershel's farm.

Yeah, I know that and you know that, because we've read the books and watched the show. I'm just saying the characters don't know that yet.

And to answer the question, Zhombre is right. The zombies were chasing after the car. There wasn't much left to eat at the motel (except the newly deceased skinny girl who wouldn't last long).
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for that. I had not actually played out that branch yet, so had not seen them chasing back to the drugstore. Good catch.

As for choices, I have a feeling we will see more repercussions from our choices in later episodes. Some may be blatant and some may not be apparent at all. Making a particular choice in Ep 1 may affect what you can do in Ep 3, and you would not even know it unless you played Ep 1 again and chose a different branch.

Yea i know, it plays out quite smoothly regardless of the way you choose, the real impact really is going to be whether you took the harsh reactions/ tones with characters, versus if you choose to give a gun or not for example.. as it turns out most of those decisions have similar endings with a different means to get there. Needless to say at least 2 play thrus to get the full vibe of whats going on is required!
  • edited April 2012
    I reckon the zombies weren't there because they followed the car and when the car was out if sight, they just kept walking.
  • edited April 2012
    Yea i know, it plays out quite smoothly regardless of the way you choose, the real impact really is going to be whether you took the harsh reactions/ tones with characters, versus if you choose to give a gun or not for example.. as it turns out most of those decisions have similar endings with a different means to get there. Needless to say at least 2 play thrus to get the full vibe of whats going on is required!
    I know exactly what you mean. For example,
    at the end of the Larry/Duck discussion, I chose to be quiet instead of taking either side. No one seemed bothered by that choice immediately. Afterward though, when I went to talk to Kenny, he was pissed that I did not take his side. By the end of that conversation all was fine between us again, it seemed.
    So, even though I took a different route, the end came out almost exactly the same. Though, later there may still be differences because of that choice. I really do not know at the moment.
  • edited April 2012
    I know exactly what you mean. For example,
    at the end of the Larry/Duck discussion, I chose to be quiet instead of taking either side. No one seemed bothered by that choice immediately. Afterward though, when I went to talk to Kenny, he was pissed that I did not take his side. By the end of that conversation all was fine between us again, it seemed.
    So, even though I took a different route, the end came out almost exactly the same. Though, later there may still be differences because of that choice. I really do not know at the moment.

Yea Exactly man, I did something very similar to that, cept i chose for my second play thru to totally throw kenny to the wolves, and he still saved my butt at the end of it.. but i think itll play out later cuz of that.
  • edited April 2012
    Yea Exactly man, I did something very similar to that, cept i chose for my second play thru to totally throw kenny to the wolves, and he still saved my butt at the end of it.. but i think itll play out later cuz of that.
    HAHAHAAA! @ taking Larry's side. Duck just has to be one of those annoying kids you see at the store, running around unchecked, wanting everything and screaming when he doesn't get what he wants. I almost wish he HAD been bitten on the way into the store! Like I just KNEW
    he would cause something to happen when sitting on the tractor messing with the controls.
    I just SAW it coming!
  • edited April 2012
    HAHAHAAA! @ taking Larry's side. Duck just has to be one of those annoying kids you see at the store, running around unchecked, wanting everything and screaming when he doesn't get what he wants. I almost wish he HAD been bitten on the way into the store! Like I just KNEW
    he would cause something to happen when sitting on the tractor messing with the controls.
    I just SAW it coming!

Totally, the first play thru i was all about team kenny but i chose to save shawn and was empathetic. second time thru i just grilled him and blamed him for everything.. i even grilled him after in the drugstore telling him to man up for his actions.. itll be intersting to see it play out considering i basically gave him the finger the whole play through lol:cool:
  • edited April 2012
    Yea, when kenny saved me at the end (in my first play through) he called me an asshole because i told him to reason with larry.
    In my second one, he saved me and called me his friend. And basically I owe him my life now.

(when I made this topic I started with another playthrough)
    But after my 3rd try I realized.... WTF happened at the end! Lilly, Larry and Glen did nothing when the zombies were coming in.

Glen was supposed to make sure everyone got out safely (but he left us alone)
    Lilly went to help her dad (But he seemed fine when he punched me)
    Larry was just Larry. ( I know he had a heart condition, but still)

I know TTG wants us to experience having to choose between 2 people, but that's just not cool.

Why didn't we all just go to the office and close the door. Having to cover 1 door is easier than covering a big door and 2 windows.(If I'm not mistaken)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Helped out a little with the thread title there. OK that way, Voyrin?
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks bro! That's great!
  • edited April 2012
    Anyone notice the pile of zombies that Clem was looking at? They cleared out the zombies. Nothing was overlooked as far as the motel was concerned.

EDIT: As far as giving Irene the gun, the decisions you make could also affect Lee. You could shape him into a hard character like Rick or Michonne or as someone clinging to old civilization like Hershel or Glenn.(Both TV or comic comparisons work.)

So you shoot her/give her the gun allow you to step up to be the executor later in the story. You refuse and you're taken for the type of guy who wouldn't do such a thing.

The example i've seen of this in this Episode is that if you're honest enough, you have the opportunity to tell Clem that her parents are dead. On my "evil" playthrough, I wasn't able to tell her which I really wanted to.

Course if i'm wrong, then the way your decisions will be transferred will be "Glenn told me..."
  • edited April 2012
    You're right! I just assumed those were the ones from early, but it's definitely possible that with a whole group, a car and some weapons, they could have cleared out any new ones fairly easily.
This discussion has been closed.