The Walking Dead Technical Support FAQ - READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
All technical support issues should be posted in our Game Support forum. Not in the The Walking Dead General forum.

What are the system requirements?

PC System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device

Mac System Requirements

Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics or Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Help, I...

Make sure your video and audio drivers are up to date. Do this before you do anything else. Keeping your drivers current is a good practice in general.

Help! I'm trying to launch the game and immediately getting a "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error. What do I do?!

There's a few things you can do to resolve this. First, make sure you meet the minimum requirements for the game. This is important. If you don't meet the minimum requirements, there may be little if anything we will be able to do to troubleshoot your issue.

Try rebooting your system.

If you're using Steam, verify the integrity of the game cache. If you're not sure how to do this, the link below will walk you through it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Try right-clicking game's executable, which is WalkingDead101.exe, and then click Run As Adminstrator.

If it's still not working, right-click the game's executable, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, and then check the options to run in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME. Also check the option to disable desktop composition.

I'm launching the game through Steam and nothing is happening.

Try following the troubleshooting steps outlined for the previous question.

I'm using an ATI card and the performance is choppy in the woods in the beginning.

This is a known issue with the ATI drivers. You can temporarily turn shadows off in the options menu of the game to resolve this. Once you're through that portion of the game, you can change your shadow settings back to what they were.

I'm using an ATI card and there's texture corruption, or large black boxes on the screen.

This will happen if you're forcing anti-aliasing in your ATI drivers. Please set anti-aliasing to "Application Controlled" and it will resolve this issue.

How do I get my gamepad to work?

As of right now, we currently support the Xbox 360 and the Logitech gamepad on the PC. Make sure your gamepad is plugged in and turned-on prior to loading the game. As of right now, we do not officially support gamepads on the Mac.
This discussion has been closed.