Controls???? Wtf

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
SO I PURCHASED THIS POS THROUGH STEAM AND THERE ARE NO CONTROLS FOR THE PC??? WTF DID i PURCHASE THE XBOX VERSION OR WHAT????

I WANT MY MONEY BACK, YOU THIEFS/LIARS

Comments

• edited April 2012
    PISSEDOFF wrote: »
    SO I PURCHASED THIS POS THROUGH STEAM AND THERE ARE NO CONTROLS FOR THE PC??? WTF DID i PURCHASE THE XBOX VERSION OR WHAT????

I WANT MY MONEY BACK, YOU THIEFS/LIARS

Lolwuuuuuuuuuuuut?

Ok, first, kill the caps.

Now, head off to the support thread, they'll at least feign puting up with your raging.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, same here. No mouse inversion is bad. I can't even play it lol. What's worse is I can't get a refund through steam...
  • edited April 2012
    Way to overreact. And since you posted no information at all, I get the joy of asking random questions to see what is going on.
    1. Did you accidentally have a controller plugged in?
    2. Is the game using WASD instead of arrow keys or vice versa
    3. Did you check the control options in the menu?
    4. What isn't working? Everything or just say the keyboard or just the mouse controls?

Please be more descriptive and NOT use caps lock next time and certainly don't accuse Telltale for being "liars" on something that is most likely a problem on your end.
  • edited April 2012
    1 Did you accidentally have a controller plugged in? NO

2 Is the game using WASD instead of arrow keys or vice versa: Have no idea THE DAMN GAME DOESN'T TELL YOU A DAMN THING

3 Did you check the control options in the menu? XBOX????

4 What isn't working? Everything or just say the keyboard or just the mouse controls? Just plain stupid, why would I ask if that was not the problem.

THIS COMPANY IS GETTING REPORTED THROUGH BBB FOR THIEVERY AND SELLING WRONG VERSIONS.
  • edited April 2012
    I agree that the OP was a bit ranty, but I kind of feel his pain. I'm not a console guy, and no mouse inversion really screws me. I looked through the options but didn't see that option. Did I miss it?

Thanks.
  • edited April 2012
    PISSEDOFF wrote: »
    1 Did you accidentally have a controller plugged in? NOSheesh. Don't need to be rude.

2 Is the game using WASD instead of arrow keys or vice versa: Have no idea THE DAMN GAME DOESN'T TELL YOU A DAMN THINGSo you never even tried then to check?

3 Did you check the control options in the menu? XBOX????What?

4 What isn't working? Everything or just say the keyboard or just the mouse controls? Just plain stupid, why would I ask if that was not the problem.Dang, you just love insulting the people trying to help don't you.

THIS COMPANY IS GETTING REPORTED THROUGH BBB FOR THIEVERY AND SELLING WRONG VERSIONS.

Ah ok so you are trolling instead of calmly responding to us so we can find an answer. That makes sense.
  • edited April 2012
    It is possible he was surprised as I was to open up the control settings to see what was available, only to find a picture of an XBox controller and nothing at all about keyboard or mouse controls.

It was not until I actually started playing the game that I found out they tell you all about the key and mouse controls while playing.

Not so unbelievable to be bothered. I was. BUT, that is no excuse for the rant.

Later, I was part of a nice little thread that gave some instructions on pc control here
  • edited April 2012
    It is possible he was surprised as I was to open up the control settings to see what was available, only to find a picture of an XBox controller and nothing at all about keyboard or mouse controls.

It was not until I actually started playing the game that I found out they tell you all about the key and mouse controls while playing.

Later, I was part of a nice little thread that gave some instructions on pc control here

Oh, thanks for that, BTW. Saved me from some rather awkward deaths.
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    Oh, thanks for that, BTW. Saved me from some rather awkward deaths.
    Happy to be of help :)
  • edited April 2012

Really? Well that isn't good. But at the same time, the OP still should have just explained that instead of saying they are thieves and liars.

Not saying Telltale is right here, that is bad of them to not show the PC controls, but still. No need to be rude about it.
  • edited April 2012
    So, no mouse inversion then?
  • edited April 2012
    Hi!
    Welcome to the forums.

Please, calmly, tell us what the problem is. Are you experiencing lack of mouse control? What are your system specifications? Have you tried looking in the menu to see if you can switch to keyboard and mouse?

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't start throwing threats right and left. Otherwise, you could end up with just a bunch of caps-locked-words and no more access to the forum where you can actually get a solution for your problem. Thank you.
  • edited April 2012
    Analyst wrote: »
    So, no mouse inversion then?
    No. Sorry. They did not program that in :/
  • edited April 2012
    That really hurts. It's kind of a standard in PC games... I'll do my homework before plunking down $25 for straight up console port or glorified flash game...
  • edited April 2012
    Shame the PC controls aren't the best. Looks like I'll be using a 360 controller for this game.
  • edited April 2012
    Don't own a console and certainly won't buy a noob controller for it lol.
  • edited April 2012
    It takes about 3 - 4 minutes for the average person to figure out the controls. OP might take 30 - 40. It's a little different, but I got used to it and enjoyed it. Different but good.

Breathe. Relax. Stop drinking Red Bull. Have fun.
  • edited April 2012
    This is the last telltale game I buy. The crappy way they have treated PC gamers is unforgivable. I have seen replies for help remapping controlers from staffers like "Sorry, game was not designed like that" I mean WTF??? Did I just fall into 1987 or something? If they have no desire to put even a modicum of effort into supporting the PC...then I refuse to give them any more $$$
  • edited April 2012
    Analyst wrote: »
    Don't own a console and certainly won't buy a noob controller for it lol.

To be fair, a 360 controller is certainly a good idea to get for PC on games like Assassins Creed or a racing game.
  • edited April 2012
    Same here i had no problems with the controls on the pc.
  • edited April 2012
    OP not responding, thread going nuts, closing this down.
    OP, if you still have problems, PM me.
    I do appreciate that you guys are keeping things calm. It does help us mods a lot! :)
This discussion has been closed.