Did anyone else accidentally side with [spoiler] when they meant to side with [x]?

Did anyone else accidentally side with Larry when they meant to side with Kenny? I chose "reason with him", thinking that "him" referred to Larry and not Kenny. I don't really want to replay the game just for this choice.

I also ended up having Kenny hit Larry, and Kenny still considers me a great person and friend, so I'm confused as to what repercussions there are for siding with Larry in the end stats?

I feel Telltale handled this section of the game poorly. I hate it when you choose a dialogue option based on 3-4 words and it turns out to have the opposite effect you wanted.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Apparently, you manged to make up for siding with Larry in that incident. Did you tell Larry that he is not touching the boy? Maybe you saved Duck at the farm? Anyway, the only effect I've seen is what Kenny says when he saves you. He either calls you a friend or says he thought you were worthless but saved you anyway.
  • edited April 2012
    He called me a friend after saving me. I think Telltale messed up on the end stats, however. The siding with Larry/Kenny should depend on the final moment in that confrontation, not the midpoint part about Duck.
  • edited April 2012
    some of the dialogue options definitely need to be more accurate in what it implies.

choices don't really affect the game as much as they could have. ultimately it's going to be a linear game, with the only real differences being how other characters view you or what they say to you, with maybe a few extra short scenes here and there. even if characters like you or not, they still do basically the same things. eventually we might see some different paths based on what characters you decided to save or what you say to them, but the differences will be very limited. I don't even think the game will have multiple endings.
  • edited April 2012
    I think people are getting hung up on this decision the wrong way. In the long run I think siding with Larry will have more of an influence on your standing with Lilly than her father. Personally I chose to reason with Larry, which (somehow) led me to side with him and not Kenny. But considering how much of a jerk he is regardless, I feel like the true benefit will come from the more level-headed of the two, Lilly, who will probably have a more prominent role in the next episode.
  • edited April 2012
    After you reason with Larry, there is another line of choices with 2 choices for helping Kenny and 2 for Larry. Those are the ones that make the distinction.

There's also a point where if you're crap enough to Kenny, he will pull you aside and try to make things right. You can turn him down or accept and he'll be alright with you again.
  • edited April 2012
    My conversation was something like.

We reason with him (Effect: You didn't sided with kenny however he wasn't mad either) And there were like 2 more answers that didn't had effect i can't remeber well but i think they were something like "if he turns we deal with him and how would it be if it was your daugther was the one bitten" and then 4 options came (wich i think this are the ones that really matter if you tried to stay neutral in the whole conversation) 2 to side with kenny and other 2 that agree with larry.

As for the OP no i haven't sided with someone i didn't choose
  • edited April 2012
    My conversation was something like.

We reason with him (Effect: You didn't sided with kenny however he wasn't mad either) And there were like 2 more answers that didn't had effect i can't remeber well but i think they were something like "if he turns we deal with him and how would it be if it was your daugther was the one bitten" and then 4 options came (wich i think this are the ones that really matter if you tried to stay neutral in the whole conversation) 2 to side with kenny and other 2 that agree with larry.

As for the OP no i haven't sided with someone i didn't choose

In the parenthesis of these choices, it says "Side with Kenny" or "Side with Larry". Watch some Let's Plays so you don't miss it as it's a fast choice.
    If you suggest even for a moment that you'd allow Kenny's son to be killed, that's siding against Kenny. Imagine if the situation were flipped and it were Clem you were fighting over? Anyone who suggests that Clem be thrown out is dead meat in my book.
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    In the parenthesis of these choices, it says "Side with Kenny" or "Side with Larry". Watch some Let's Plays so you don't miss it as it's a fast choice.
    If you suggest even for a moment that you'd allow Kenny's son to be killed, that's siding against Kenny. Imagine if the situation were flipped and it were Clem you were fighting over? Anyone who suggests that Clem be thrown out is dead meat in my book.
    Eggggggsactly! You never, EVER, even hint at harming a child within ear shot of the parent. Not unless you want a can of Insta-Parent-Rage opened up on you.
This discussion has been closed.