Do we need to keep the Steam version installed after beating it?

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Previous Telltale games came to Steam as separate episodes (ie Strong Bad) but the Walking Dead installed as one game and even has episode management options in the main menu.

So I'm guessing we should keep it installed and new episodes will be downloaded as patches, adding the content as well as the additional achievements?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Borracho wrote: »
    Previous Telltale games came to Steam as separate episodes (ie Strong Bad) but the Walking Dead installed as one game and even has episode management options in the main menu.

So I'm guessing we should keep it installed and new episodes will be downloaded as patches, adding the content as well as the additional achievements?

Yeah, I would recommend you keep it installed. It barely takes up any hard drive space anyway, and Steam won't do anything to your computer. If you don't want it to start up every time you boot your PC you can change that in the settings. Steam isn't obtrusive or resource-hogging, and it automatically updates your games. When Telltale release Episode 2, Steam will download it, and you'll play it by launching the same game. Achievements will be added too.

I think when Telltale get around to releasing the game on their own site it'll be the same, except no achievements, and you might have to manually download a patch to add in new episodes.
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you very much!
  • edited April 2012
    I.'m sticking with steam since i got it for free
  • edited April 2012
    I didn't know you had to be online to get the steam achievments. I thought I could unlock them off-line and sync them next time I logged into Steam. My one and only complaint. I love offline mode.
This discussion has been closed.