episodes 2 3 4 and 5 as DLC

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
i heard a rumour that episode one has the menu to the whole game on it and the future episodes will be released as DLC is this true or false information
please let me know

im talking on behalf of xbox buyers because there is no season pass

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Geez, haven't you ever played a Telltale game before?
    They have you buy the whole season and they release it one piece at a time.
    You only pay 1 time for the entire season. When the next episode is out, you download it and play it, rinse repeat.
  • edited April 2012
    oh sorry i was talking about for xbox buyers because there is no season pass
  • edited April 2012
    GeneralC wrote: »
    i heard a rumour that episode one has the menu to the whole game on it and the future episodes will be released as DLC is this true or false information
    please let me know

im talking on behalf of xbox buyers because there is no season pass

I believe that is the case. All versions of the game have the first episode containing the menus and stuff. The only real difference with the Xbox version is that you have to pay for each episode individually (whereas the PC & Mac versions are only available as a season package and the PSN version has the both types of purchase options available).
  • edited April 2012
    I believe that is the case. All versions of the game have the first episode containing the menus and stuff. The only real difference with the Xbox version is that you have to pay for each episode individually (whereas the PC & Mac versions are only available as a season package and the PSN version has the both types of purchase options available).

ok i hope so because when all episodes are out i dont want to have to keep coming each ep to go on to the next
    thank you for letting me know man
  • edited April 2012
    I got the PS3 version and it definitely just says "The Walking Dead" as opposed to "The Walking Dead - Episode 1". And the game has a menu with episodes 2-5 on it, they're just inaccessible right now. So yes, I imagine that'll be the case with the XBox version as well.
  • edited April 2012
    I got the PS3 version and it definitely just says "The Walking Dead" as opposed to "The Walking Dead - Episode 1". And the game has a menu with episodes 2-5 on it, they're just inaccessible right now. So yes, I imagine that'll be the case with the XBox version as well.

thanks for letting me know man
  • edited April 2012
    i would like to point out that this is a sucky thing to do to customers i understand wanting to space it out but for the time it takes to complete the episode and then the time it takes for them to give you the next one its like a long time trolling and they know we will come back because we like the games they do but why such a wait and no its not because there not ready thats a marketing sceme the only one that has a chance of not being complete is the 5th ep and argue all you want with me ill just put you in your place when i can be bothered to check the site
  • edited April 2012
    not...enough...punctuation...head...explode...
  • edited April 2012
    crolaz wrote: »
    argue all you want with me ill just put you in your place
    I'm sure you will. You seem like a regular Oliver Wendell Holmes.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    crolaz wrote: »
    i understand wanting to space it out
    its like a long time trolling
    they know we will come back because we like the games
    its not because there not ready
    thats a marketing sceme

The long-term Telltale fans are laughing hard now, and not at your missing punctuation. We've had quite some insight into the making of these episodes in the last years. For the most eagerly awaited episodes, people would bite their nails whether Telltale would manage to finish it in time and get it out "in the right month". We've definitely experienced how Telltale pushed back an episode of "Back to the Future" just to get Michael J. Fox to voice-act.

Episodes are developed as we speak.

The script for episodes four and five is as of now probably still very much in limbo. Maybe some voice over roles do not even have a voice actor. Maybe they haven't even thought much about how they'll achieve to integrate FIVE zombies based on the contest winner's photos just because episode four is still a whopping three months away.

Of course it's "a marketing scheme". As everything else is. But episodic gaming has its traits, and you're more or less in the home of the concept, so complaining about THIS really doesn't have much sense.
This discussion has been closed.