New to episodic gaming? (Merged threads)

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Sorry but why we have to wait for it
this next ep is dlc I need to pay more? Like capcom dlc

Comments

• SydSyd
    edited April 2012
    Telltale has always made episodic games like this, and no, you don't have to pay more, the extra episodes will automatically unlock as they're released.
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry but 1ep each month is too short
  • edited April 2012
    How to answer this... I think.... i better not try. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry but 1ep each month is too short

You think that was short? Try reading the comic and wait a month between each issue.
  • edited April 2012
    It was all killer, no filler. Hands down, Telltale's best work to date. Fucking AMAZING.
  • edited April 2012
    Having never played a TellTale game before-hand, I'll admit I did "unofficially" enjoy Back To The Future VERY much.

Thanks to that experience (and a perhaps unhealthy LOVE for The Walking Dead and all things re-animated :P), I am proud to say that this will be my first "official" TellTale Games purchase and I can't wait to dig into this first episode!!

... and while I also agree it may very well suck having to wait a month between episodes, think of it this way... we should be wrapping up that last episode JUST in time for Season 3 in October 8)
  • edited April 2012
    If you can't stand to wait between episodes, you could always wait until the whole season is released and then start playing. That's essentially what TT did with Jurassic Park -- and to me, it felt like overload to play the whole thing in such a short time. I kind of like the anticipation as each episode comes out, and it's easier to find the time to keep up (though in the past with other monthly-release Telltale games I have still fallen behind by an episode or two.)
  • edited April 2012
    The wait does indeed suck. With only a 2 hrs per clip it seems shorthanded. However indeed it is not as bad as the wait for each comic issue.
  • edited April 2012
    I really hate when people post on these forums without having the slightest clue about what Telltale does.

Try reading this.
  • edited April 2012
    $5 for a 2hr game is a great deal. The comic books are $2.99 and take about 20min to read!

I just wish they'd hurry up and get me the game(NOT STEAM dammit) so I can enjoy it too.
  • edited April 2012
    I really hate when people post on these forums without having the slightest clue about what Telltale does.

Try reading this.

I spend on full cost and need to wait for month to play with 2hours?

Sorry I really don't get it
  • edited April 2012

Why are you surprised? This is nothing new. This has been how TTG handle most of its games.

Don't blame TTG just because you didn't bother to do your own research about how TTG games are released prior to you buying it.
  • edited April 2012

My dear, dear Tungtongjit...

In the FAQ's of the game it states:
    Why is this game episodic? What does that mean?

Telltale has a strong history of releasing episodic games but more importantly, we wanted this game to offer an experience analogous to the comic books and TV show, which are also episodic in nature. We have plans for 5 episodes, releasing once per month.
    So they did inform you of their plans to actually bring out 5 Episodes, one each month for 5 months. Next time research what you buy before you buy it.
  • edited April 2012

Some people like to get their content all at once when everything is done. Some people like to get their content as fast as possible as soon as it's ready.

If you wanted everything at once you could have simply waited half a year and played the whole thing from beginning to end in one sitting.
  • edited April 2012
    Episode 2 isn't done, let alone episode 5. If they released the entire game at once you'd have to wait another 5 months. If you want to play them all at the same time you should wait, just like you would if they released games that way.
  • edited April 2012
    yeah imagine people expecting a full product when they pay full price for it. crazy, i know.

if they wanted to make you wait 5 months to get your moneys worth, it should be 5 bucks an episode rather than 25 bucks just because they want it. playing that way is flat out asking to be torrented.
  • edited April 2012
    No discussion of piracy. Period.

On another note, there's no way to get episodes 2-5 yet. They simply don't exist. It's like asking for the next five issues of the comic before they hit stores.
  • edited April 2012
    but yeah, they should have wanted until the comic was done to release the game...
  • edited April 2012
    It's cockteasing, folks. It works.

I'm new to Telltale with this game, but the episodic nature makes sense with this one, since they're trying to replicate a serialized comic/TV show.
  • edited April 2012

Try reading this.

10 char +

i agree 100% loads of noobs are screaming about these things but it's pretty easy to find on here the face book page and sometimes the website

i think games companies should start releasing apptitude tests to get rid of the retards..cos if people are this thick they should not be playing games..
  • edited April 2012
    when willl The Walking Dead Episode 2,3,4,5 be getting Released
    and also is there gonna be any extra charges to to getting these
    add ons for the game ?
  • edited April 2012
    when willl The Walking Dead Episode 2,3,4,5 be getting Released
    and also is there gonna be any extra charges to to getting these
    add ons for the game ?
    As was stated in the purchase, the episodes come out 1 a month, so next month for Ep 2, month after for 3, etc.

If you purchased a PC version, you got the season pass. That means you have already paid for all Eps and will be allowed to download and play them when they become available for no extra charge.
  • SydSyd
    edited April 2012
    1) Probably one episode per month if their other series are to judge by.
    2) No, $25 was the price for the entire season, you don't have to pay anything extra. They will automatically unlock when they're released.
  • edited April 2012
    bluezero2x wrote: »
    if they wanted to make you wait 5 months to get your moneys worth, it should be 5 bucks an episode rather than 25 bucks just because they want it.

Uh....that's exactly what they did. The $25 bucks was for all five episodes. 25/5=5
  • edited April 2012
    Be thankful that it isn't 60$ for a 10 hour game, as some companies do. And if you can write, then i think you can read.
    And the clue is - 1st episode of The Walking Dead Season. Not - The Walking Dead 1.
  • edited April 2012
    See it this way ...

5 Episodes of The Walking Dead? It's Christmas 6 times this year!!!!!!!!

You just bought yourself the best gift ever. Anticipation :D

@ Telltale Games,
    Yes, you can hire me as a PR guy. I come to work 1 day each month! :P
  • edited April 2012
    Isterio wrote: »
    See it this way ...

5 Episodes of The Walking Dead? It's Christmas 6 times this year!!!!!!!!

You just bought yourself the best gift ever. Anticipation :D

@ Telltale Games,
    Yes, you can hire me as a PR guy. I come to work 1 day each month! :P

+1 Hire him :D
  • edited April 2012
    tobar wrote: »
    Uh....that's exactly what they did. The $25 bucks was for all five episodes. 25/5=5

oh they did? then we do have all 5 episodes right now for paying full price? i didnt know that.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    then we do have all 5 episodes right now for paying full price?

Just to clarify: you WILL have access to each episode as it is released, no need to pay anything extra. Only the first episode is available at the moment, the rest are to follow.
  • edited April 2012
    i dont know how to make that more clear on the steam page. there needs to be an incremental option like paying for episodes separately.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    i dont know how to make that more clear on the steam page. there needs to be an incremental option like paying for episodes separately.

I believe the only platforms where episodes are available separately are the ones that don't actually allow season pricing across the multiple episodes/downloads. Making each episode available to purchase separately doesn't make a lot of sense because it's really one game split into 5 parts - it would be like selling chapters of a book separately, it would be weird to jump into the story halfway through.
  • edited April 2012
    My question is have these folks reached the end of the first episode already? If not - why the worry? Play.... Enjoy.... Some of us are a lunch at work waiting patiently to get off so we can go home and start playing LOL! I am sooooo excited...
  • edited April 2012
    I like to Episode stuff. Keeps me entertainent.
  • edited April 2012
    The cool thing about waiting.. is logging on and talking about the game with other fans.. you really end up getting your moneys worth.. instead of playing a game over a few nights.. you get to have fun with other fans for half a year.
  • edited April 2012
    It's true. Jurassic Park felt so short compared to all the other Telltale games, just because I played it all at once.

By the way, this thread feels like it needs its own "Y U No" man image.
  • edited April 2012
    It's true. Jurassic Park felt so short compared to all the other Telltale games, just because I played it all at once.

By the way, this thread feels like it needs its own "Y U No" man image.

Here to serve.

19481210.jpg
  • edited April 2012

The only way I can think is to make people actually read the information that's displayed on their screens. It seems to be a very small number of people who didn't realise what they were paying for, I don't think there's anything wrong with the communication here.
  • edited April 2012
    OK I'm new to the forms and have never seen the "Y U No" man image and just have to say Love It..... Bwahahahahaha
  • edited April 2012
    telltales tradition get use to it and dont whine about it.
  • edited April 2012
    Well well...the episode dilemma (not that it really is one at all). But I have to admit I am very new to such episode games (never really played any other TT game so far :o) and at the beginning I was hella confused when I was looking up TWD and it said like 23 Euros for the game and I was like wait what? 23 Euros for a 2-4 hours episode? Are you kidding me? Yeah dumb me I know but for those who are / were - like me - not into episode games it sure was rather confusing at the beginning. But playing the first episode of TWD sure wants me to see more of it and I mean hey...at least now I got something to look forward to and there's not a single month passing by when I think to myself how cool it would be to have a new game to play....there I go I guess.

No need to argue with episodes I guess...I mean it also wasn't like I was standing back there in the cinema watching Lord of the Rings 1 yelling at the screen at the end to frigging show me the second right after (baaad example I know but bleh I am tired :))

so long
This discussion has been closed.