Something that didn't make sense(spoilers).

During the save Duck or Shawn chapter.

When Lee runs out the barn and around the house to see Shawn's leg crushed under the tractor. Duck is just sitting on the tractor dumbfounded when a zombie grabs his leg. After that part the zombie is grabbing Duck by his shoulders.

How the heck did that happen?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I'm more puzzled about why Lee took the long way in front of the house instead of running straight there through the back. :p
  • edited April 2012
    i don't know why i wasn't given the option to drive the tractor but hey as the truck says "shit happens"
  • edited April 2012
    tobar wrote: »
    I'm more puzzled about why Lee took the long way in front of the house instead of running straight there through the back. :p

Yea that is the one thing that got me. He could have saved so much time and possibly saved both had he ran the short route to get there.
  • edited April 2012
    I found the half-hearted attempt at hitting the zombie with the plank funny as hell. Apparently, Lee has never swung a bat before. I would have hit a home run with the zombie head were the plank in my hand.
  • edited April 2012
    if i was lee, shit would be done right and everyone would live.
  • edited April 2012
    I doubt many people found that plank!
    I used it to hit a zombie over the head.
    I was depressed I couldn't use the plank to help me push the tractor better in the mud!
  • edited April 2012
    Well, to be completely honest, I did not even see the plank through my first few plays of that scene. :D
  • edited April 2012
    I didn't either! That's why I think very few ever see it.
    Wondering if there is some possible outcome we haven't found
  • edited April 2012
    I don't see why Lee couldn't just try to kick the zombies trying to attack Shawn in the face after they break down the fence. I mean, he already did it before with a wounded leg (in Clementine's house) and when Shawn was being chewed on his (Lee's) leg was completely fine, plus he was standing while the two zombies were briefly dazed after the fence crumbled under them.

Completely disregarding the plank, Lee could easily have kicked the two zombies back before they bit Shawn, and held them off for the five seconds it took Shawn's dad (whatever his name was) to arrive with his rifle. The third one that was initially grabbing Duck only arrived after Shawn's dad started his shootout, as was seen in the cutscene.

Instead, Lee just stands there with his eyes bulging like the clueless twat he is. Moments like those just made me want to quit instantly.
  • edited April 2012
    Shawn had to die for continuity of the comic. Them's the breaks.
  • edited April 2012
    Kaapo wrote: »
    I don't see why Lee couldn't just try to kick the zombies trying to attack Shawn in the face after they break down the fence. I mean, he already did it before with a wounded leg (in Clementine's house) and when Shawn was being chewed on his (Lee's) leg was completely fine

Nah his leg is still badly messed up still, it's just disinfected and bandaged now.
    He could kick with clem because he wasn't standing. If he stands with weight on his good leg he can't kick with the bad.
  • edited May 2012
    Yea that is the one thing that got me. He could have saved so much time and possibly saved both had he ran the short route to get there.

Well, from my perspective, the location of the would-be fence barrier was in a way that it would take mostly the same amount of time no matter what side you come from..I may be wrong, though.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Did Duck drive over Shawn's leg? It seems like it

also didn't find the plank
  • edited May 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    Did Duck drive over Shawn's leg? It seems like it

also didn't find the plank

Yeah, by the looks of it the young boy accidentally started the machine up and ran over Shawn's leg while he wants down fixing up the barricade.

The plank is to your left, a bit behind Shawn..more like to the left side of him. You should see a action prompt over it if the cursor's near it.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Whats the point in trying to save Shawns life if he dies anyway unless herschel greene shows up in a future episode
  • edited May 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    Whats the point in trying to save Shawns life if he dies anyway unless herschel greene shows up in a future episode

Exactly, there may be a point where Hershel's farm is revisited in one of the future episodes..like, if you (try to) help Shawn instead of Duck, it may make it easier for Hershel to accept you and the others into staying and vice versa for the opposite choice.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Xirsche wrote: »
    Exactly, there may be a point where Hershel's farm is revisited in one of the future episodes..like, if you (try to) help Shawn instead of Duck, it may make it easier for Hershel to accept you and the others into staying and vice versa for the opposite choice.

Or maybe Considering Herschels Farm and St. Johns Dairy Cows might need a Vet maybe they've kept in contact over ham radio.

"Oh your those people who got Herschel's Boy Killed"

"Oh your Lee the guy who tried to save Herschels Boy"
  • edited May 2012
    Xirsche wrote: »

The first choice between Shawn and Duck is an illusion. It's to get the player used to making difficult decisions. I don't think the farm will be revisited, because we all know what happens with Hershell and the farm in the comic. There could be another visit between now and when Rick comes to the farm, but I think that's extremely unlikely.
  • edited May 2012
    Woder wrote: »
    The first choice between Shawn and Duck is an illusion. It's to get the player used to making difficult decisions. I don't think the farm will be revisited, because we all know what happens with Hershell and the farm in the comic. There could be another visit between now and when Rick comes to the farm, but I think that's extremely unlikely.

Then I suppose the choices you pick with Clem are "illusions" as well? You know no more than I whether it was truly an illusion or not; the first real choice the player makes is to go either at night or day to get out of the neighborhood near the beginning..so to me, your point is moot. I don't think the developers would put such a choice between Duck and Shawn in there without it being two-pronged..sure if you chose to help Duck that Kenny would be on your side more, but it would also pave way for Hershel being aggressive to Lee and his group later on. Vice versa for trying to save Shawn.
This discussion has been closed.