How's the language and violence? Any filters?

How's the language and violence in this game? Any optional content filters? A zombie adventure game sounds rather fun (I have no experience with the TV show or comic so I don't know how those are) but I don't have the highest tolerance for extreme violence and language so I wanted to check before picking this up.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I have not noticed any filter (edit: but I don't look for them either) and they do use strong language. F-word and so forth.

Edit: Violence? There's no violence in the zombie-pocolypse! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    There is strong language and zombie-killing violence. Though that shouldn't keep you away from what's looking to be a game with a great story. If it's anything like Poker night, it should have a language filter. I wouldn't know because my computer is too old, crabby, and underpowered to handle this game. Which is another, make sure your computer can handle the game before you buy it for your PC or Mac.
  • edited April 2012
    There is strong language and zombie-killing violence. Though that shouldn't keep you away from what's looking to be a game with a great story. If it's anything like Poker night, it should have a language filter. I wouldn't know because my computer is too old, crabby, and underpowered to handle this game. Which is another, make sure your computer can handle the game before you buy it for your PC or Mac.

No filter. That was done for TF2/Sam and Max/Homestar fans that didn't like swearing.

As for violence. Episode one certainly had its moments of violence(the baby sitter scene is a great example)
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the answers, everyone.

Telltale, are there any plans to add a language filter as the season progresses?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    It's a game that has swearing and intense violence based on a comic series that has swearing and intense violence, and they've already made a TV series out of it with swearing and intense violence.

I sincerely doubt Telltale is about to put any "filters" in there. ;)

One of the characters however seems to have a rather low tolerance towards swearing, if that helps?
  • edited April 2012
    True, it's not likely but that doesn't mean that it can't happen. Gears of War is a series about cutting things in half with chainsaws but it has options to tone down both the violence and the language.

Now I can see not putting in a violence filter since that requires new animation and all that but a language filter wouldn't be that hard to add in.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    At one point in the game, I recognized that they implemented a perspective change so the player doesn't notice that they haven't got a proper "walking up stairs" animation. I doubt the same kind of "looking the other way" could be done here, because you have to click rather precisely on the zombie parts you'd want to chop in some of the action sequences. :D

The violence level is rather high. Swearing, however, is used with a bit more care. When the kids are around, protagonists hardly ever swear, and Clementine even gets upset when Lee sais
    shit

By the way: Swearing on this forum is actually allowed.
  • edited April 2012
    The violence and swearing levels are pretty high. Not over the top, mind you, but the game does earn its M-Rating. And no, it can't be turned off.
  • edited April 2012
    swearing is not that often and you tickle zombies till they dissapear, no filters tho.
This discussion has been closed.