What would you do if someone got bitten?

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
One of the group gets bitten, what now? Kill him, tie him up, or throw him out? Put yourself in Lee's shoes for a second. Keep in mind that the zombie thing is very knew so the group probably knows very little about how someone would turn.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    whats the context of this? are we in the real world were the rules of zombie apocalypses have been established through a plethora of movies books and games? is this day one? week one? month one? do we know what happens when someone gets bit?
  • edited April 2012
    I absolutely kill him with a hammer!

:)
  • edited April 2012
    Let's say we stay within the games current time frame and follow, as Larry and Irene have so graciously pointed out, the apparent understanding of, "Anyone bitten becomes one." It becomes a matter of who was bitten. Feelings for or against that particular person play a huge part in any response to the situation.

If Clem was bitten, I would have to take a "Let's see what happens," approach, and do everything I could to heal her. Praying that she didn't turn the entire time.

Let that person be Larry and everything changes. To hell with, "Let's see what happens!" I say kill the bastard now! Brain puree, anyone?

Those, of course, are the two extreme ends of the spectrum. Everyone else would warrant consideration before deciding.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm thinking in the current time frame of the game. The first few days of the zombie apocalypse and no is sure what happens.

I hate to say this but I would probably kill and adult unless we had a way to secure them. No chains or ropes and it's hammer time. The whole group would be at risk otherwise. This goes for people I like as well as people I hate. Maybe cut the bitten limb and hope for the best?

A kid would be easier to control, but that situation would be heartbreaking. Not thinking about it.
  • edited April 2012
    I'd lock them up in the barn and hope a cure is discovered!
    The military is going to save us in a couple days anyhow!

Right? Well maybe not...
  • edited April 2012
    i would probably lock them up or just leave them far from where im camping/surviving/killing zombies
  • edited April 2012
    I'd take the same approach Darryl took with Dale, i.e. "sorry, brother" BAM! If it was someone I knew or got lumped into with.
  • edited April 2012
    Well the comics have established the person CAN survive a zombie bite if you amputate the limb IMMEDIATELY!

Dale survived a zombie bite by amputating his foot at the prison.
  • edited April 2012
    I would care for them and have them help us as long as they are able to. I would then ensure that when they seem to get sick and are about to turn to ask them whether they want to be left to turn or to be put out of their misery.
  • edited April 2012
    if duck gets bit for real this time, i'd make kenny decide..

if larry no question he's getting a his brains re arranged...

as for everyone else depends on what they offer going forward and what the options are i'd go with kill rather than amputate ( the likeliness of getting good medical services and then having to care for them and they would be useless/dead weight...)

but clem would be saved at all costs...
  • edited April 2012
    Once someone becomes a zombie then kill it. No keeping it locked up and praying for a cure. No way. I'd try to take down the zombie quickly. Not sure they feel pain.

I have a feeling that this decision will come up in the next episode.
  • edited April 2012
    I'd shoot them in the head. They're already dead.
  • edited April 2012
    Depends on when and how bad they're bitten...I mean..obviously I'd shoot them. If it was a instant death then boom! Sadness will be felt later. If I knew I had time..I would show them love before I pulled the trigger.
  • edited April 2012
    queen-hearts1-1.png
  • edited May 2012
    I've warned my family to not get bit even now. If someone came home and said "Some crazy guy bit me today!" i'd lock them up or send them to the hospital and start stocking provisions.
  • edited May 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    queen-hearts1-1.png

not sure i get your point
  • edited May 2012
    not sure i get your point

Off with their heads.
  • edited May 2012
    the only option is to kill them, or let them kill themselves. I mean, there is no known cure from the disease right? So there are ZERO positives from letting someone bitten alive, and let them turn into a zombie. I would definitely always get rid of them. Everything else makes no sense, unless there was a chance (small or not doesn't matter) to cure them.
  • edited May 2012
    I'd make them comfortable, let them say their goodbyes etc.
  • edited May 2012
    Sisyphus wrote: »
    Off with their heads.

that went over my head wooosh..

gotcha now though !
  • edited May 2012
    that went over my head wooosh..

gotcha now though !
    Don't feel bad. You weren't alone. I just didn't ask. lol
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    If i'm in Lees shoes {but not lee lets use a hypothetical group} first I make sure they are actually bitten. Then it depends on who it is thats bitten.

Doug/Carley type {Aka someone with a love interest but hasnt expressed it]
    Take them in a back room and let them talk about it let them discuss their fantasys about running way together then when it gets seriously sick they say goodbye and i come in Blam.

Kenny aka Good friend type:
    Let them drink and listen to their hopes and dreams and things they want remembered then Blam.

Clementine aka Child im supposed to protect type:
    Incredibly tearful goodbye then kill her bury her make a cross then hang myself for being a failure if Larrys not busy he can help me kill myself maybe even carve/write "Here lies {my name} he failed to protect {kids name} so he gave up on his own life what a coward.

Beloved sister- Spend time with her put her down bury her make a cross Make sure I get everyone i can to safety then when they're on a boat to a safe island I remain behind either to be eaten or to commit suicide.
  • edited May 2012
    I think it depends on the frame.

If it's a new thing....we don't know if there's a cure or not... so probably I could put them locked in somewhere...

If everything's lost.....it's time to survive...
  • edited May 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    If i'm in Lees shoes {but not lee lets use a hypothetical group} first I make sure they are actually bitten. Then it depends on who it is thats bitten.

Doug/Carley type {Aka someone with a love interest but hasnt expressed it]
    Take them in a back room and let them talk about it let them discuss their fantasys about running way together then when it gets seriously sick they say goodbye and i come in Blam.

Kenny aka Good friend type:
    Let them drink and listen to their hopes and dreams and things they want remembered then Blam.

Clementine aka Child im supposed to protect type:
    Incredibly tearful goodbye then kill her bury her make a cross then hang myself for being a failure if Larrys not busy he can help me kill myself maybe even carve/write "Here lies {my name} he failed to protect {kids name} so he gave up on his own life what a coward.

Beloved sister- Spend time with her put her down bury her make a cross Make sure I get everyone i can to safety then when they're on a boat to a safe island I remain behind either to be eaten or to commit suicide.

Everytime I watch a zombie movie that people want to escape to an island I think:

1 - Who told it's safe?
    2 - Assuming it's a small piece of land and there's no one there... how can we survive without enough supplies? Will we drink rain water and eat coconuts and banana for the rest of our lives?
    3 - How easy is to find an island near at you? In my case, I'm around 345 kms far from the ocean
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Everytime I watch a zombie movie that people want to escape to an island I think:

1 - Who told it's safe?
    2 - Assuming it's a small piece of land and there's no one there... how can we survive without enough supplies? Will we drink rain water and eat coconuts and banana for the rest of our lives?
    3 - How easy is to find an island near at you? In my case, I'm around 345 kms far from the ocean

I was watching a zombie movie the other day where the final boss was a Zombie Lion or maybe it was a normal lion who was just intelligent anyhoo Apparently there was a ferry/freighter that came every wendsday to ferry survivors to an safe island where everyone is checked out for bite marks before being allowed admittance however even the survivors dont know if the island is safe and dont know if the ferrys coming but at the very end credits it came in granted most of them were dead to the Lion
  • edited May 2012
    I was watching a zombie movie the other day where the final boss was a Zombie Lion or maybe it was a normal lion who was just intelligent anyhoo Apparently there was a ferry/freighter that came every wendsday to ferry survivors to an safe island where everyone is checked out for bite marks before being allowed admittance however even the survivors dont know if the island is safe and dont know if the ferrys coming but at the very end credits it came in granted most of them were dead to the Lion

Good one!
    What's the movie's name??

I think there's no safe place...and we won't last forever lol
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Good one!
    What's the movie's name??

I think there's no safe place...and we won't last forever lol

Survival of the Dead
  • edited May 2012
    Survival of the Dead

I think I've watched but I don't remember exactly. Let's watch it again!
  • edited May 2012
    Survival of the Dead

That movie made me want to learn archery. 8D Hunger Games helped that, so did Hawkeye from The Avengers. xD
  • edited May 2012
    Few facts from The Walking Dead universe about turning to zombie.

1. All people are infected, you dont must be bitten to turn into zombie. You can get even heart attack and turn. So watch out for Larry! :P
    2. If someone get bitten, this dont automaticly turn him. If he die than he turn for example by losing to much blood if they bite you in neck, or you can be just blown to bits by horde.
    3. If you get bitten into leg or arm, this give you some time before turn. Before infection spread, just like with gangrene. And you can threat this like this: by cuting off bitten leg or arm. If patient survive such operation, he is cure. If he die because of real gangrene or loosing to much blood he turn anyway. (from comic serie)

So including this top points if there is no other choice, better give someone die with dignity from his own hand, or if he cant do it. Than do it for him than he turn back. So you do it like human of last bastion of humanity and civilization.

Regards to community.
  • edited May 2012
    I think I'll start making my supplies of food, armo and clean clothes!
  • edited May 2012
    I would isolate the person, locked up or tied up if need be until they turned or enough time went by to be sure they would not turn. I would do this no matter how long the zompocalypse had been going on. Bound to be someone that's immune eventually. I would hate to off the only immune person in the world....
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Dalegor wrote: »
    Few facts from The Walking Dead universe about turning to zombie.

1. All people are infected, you dont must be bitten to turn into zombie. You can get even heart attack and turn. So watch out for Larry! :P
    2. If someone get bitten, this dont automaticly turn him. If he die than he turn for example by losing to much blood if they bite you in neck, or you can be just blown to bits by horde.
    3. If you get bitten into leg or arm, this give you some time before turn. Before infection spread, just like with gangrene. And you can threat this like this: by cuting off bitten leg or arm. If patient survive such operation, he is cure. If he die because of real gangrene or loosing to much blood he turn anyway. (from comic serie)

So including this top points if there is no other choice, better give someone die with dignity from his own hand, or if he cant do it. Than do it for him than he turn back. So you do it like human of last bastion of humanity and civilization.

Regards to community.

So it's like left 4 dead?
  • edited May 2012
    I think in the left for dead universe only a few people are not affected by the illness, such as the survivors turn out to be carriers. That in l4d there are many different types of mutations for those infected.
  • edited May 2012
    Rasher wrote: »
    One of the group gets bitten, what now? Kill him, tie him up, or throw him out? Put yourself in Lee's shoes for a second. Keep in mind that the zombie thing is very knew so the group probably knows very little about how someone would turn.

Talk to everyone remind them of Larry's experience with the bitten, and offer the person amputation if on a limb, then the gun and if they don't want to take it I'll personally crown them using a pillow and the gun.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Actually a better use if i failed to protect someone let myself get bitten then have myself restrained to be target practice for the other with arrows and such if feasible
This discussion has been closed.