Difficulty of future chapters?

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
First I gotta say I love this game. It captures the feel of The Walking Dead perfectly but my one complaint would have to be the difficulty.

It feels like when I played Sam and Max there would be parts that would completely stump me and I'd just have to turn off the game and come back later. With this installment of the game I was able to complete it fairly easily in one sitting.
Any news on if the developers are planning to ramp up the difficulty with each installment?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I think they're just going to shovel everyone forward with no challenge
  • edited April 2012
    That's the new MwaC-difficulty-model(TM).
    Telltale's games since Back To The Future have been designed around this model.
    The idea is that a Monkey with a Controler can get through the game without any problems.
  • edited April 2012
    this games story based not difficulty based anyways, im finding that the actual difficulty of the game comes with being pressured into making the hard choices. im enjoying watching the story unfold depending on the choices i make looking forward to seeing what else happens.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah this game feels a bit more like an interactive comic rather than an actual game where there are challenges (well the drugstore bit got me until I realised I needed to go after Glen before I could get the drugs for Larry).

I agree though a few more tricky puzzles or challenges would be nice. I mean I died twice in my first playthrough but this due to not being used to the controls (e.g. see screwdriver indicator over zombie press the button and then didn't realise that I then needed to hit the buttons again to actually stab the zombie) rather than the difficulty of the zombie encounter
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    That's the new MwaC-difficulty-model(TM).
    Telltale's games since Back To The Future have been designed around this model.
    The idea is that a Monkey with a Controler can get through the game without any problems.

Damn, I had hoped that it would be a Monkey with a Keyboard also. :D
  • edited April 2012
    We could rename it to
    MwaCocK

Monkey with a Controller or cheap Keyboard
    But let's be hones the games have been designed for controllers since Wallace & Grommit.
    edited April 2012
    10€... alright, cheap. And we're all monkeys somehow. ;)

I have never felt the consolification of Telltale's games weigh so heavily as in TWD, it's very true. The artificial mouse function aggravation to match the controller's "right stick" was a blow directly to my heart, unfortunately. Present consoles are indeed unattractive to me because after using a mouse, I do not see how this "right stick" could ever be a halfway satisfying instrument to "look around". It's a personal preference, and the TWD controls DO work, but... well.

So DID you actually buy and play TWD? - no review from you yet!
  • edited April 2012
    So DID you actually buy and play TWD? - no review from you yet!

No I didn't. I have seen the whole game being played through though. Blind playthroughs in both cases.

reason for not buying:
    I bought Jurassic Dildo for 10€ (Steamsale) and swore to never buy anything this company makes ever again. It was horrible. I really wonder how I got through chapter 1. After a system-reset my save is gone and I am not suffering through chapter 1 again. Not going to happen. Thank god I didn't buy it on release for 30€ or I would have flown over to torch the TTG-studios.
  • edited April 2012
    What, you found all those choices easy? There's more than one kind of difficulty.
  • edited May 2012
    i've always taken telltales games as fun, fan service and doing something different compared to all the rest of games out there,

an adventure game/point n click doesn't need a difficulty it's all about the story and experience nothing more, difficulty has no place in these games but the 'puzzles' can be tailored to make something easy or hard.

As does the standard or minimal setting you have the option of having it easy to see stuff or find everything out your self..

Then again seeing the blatant noobism of people asking stupid questions and or whining about the game cost/length and the episodic nature.. doesn't surprise me there are people complaining about it being easy like with back to the future that game was 90% easy with a few how the hell do i do that moments.

All boils down to people leaping before they look...and making assumptions based on others opinions and in general not having a clue...
  • edited May 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    No I didn't. I have seen the whole game being played through though. Blind playthroughs in both cases.

reason for not buying:
    I bought Jurassic Dildo for 10€ (Steamsale) and swore to never buy anything this company makes ever again. It was horrible. I really wonder how I got through chapter 1. After a system-reset my save is gone and I am not suffering through chapter 1 again. Not going to happen. Thank god I didn't buy it on release for 30€ or I would have flown over to torch the TTG-studios.

Why stay on this site if you want nothing to do with their future games due to one bad experience?

Sounds like you just like bitching.
    edited May 2012
    Helllooo... behaving is nice.
  • edited May 2012
    hard decisions would be nice, perhaps they will put those in in future episodes. either-or choices where you must pick one or it picks for you cant be considered "hard" choices.
This discussion has been closed.