Unable to buy Walking dead on Xboxlive

I am an xbox live gold member, I pay for the market place. I am unable to buy the walking dead because it is "not available in my region".

What the hell. I live in New Zealand. In an age of XLA why is my physical location relevant?

I have been looking forward to this game series for about a year now. I wont buy it on pc. Why cant I buy it from XBLA? I want to buy it.

I heard you didnt submit the game to all regions? Is that true? If so why? Don't you want to sell it?

:mad:

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Whole thread regarding this issue here.

Though I do not know if any definitive answers are discovered.

Edit: The first post on this thread gives an answer, however, I do not think you will like it.
  • edited April 2012
    I don't like it, and I don't think that is the real answer why the game isn't available. Spill the beans on what is going on between telltale and MS not allowing this game for sale. Money? Politics? Both? and if so is XBL worth it / valid as a market place?
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry, but I have no answers for you. I am only a simple forum member like you. Just trying to help a fellow member try to find answers :)
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Painted, there is a workaround if you want to jump through a few hoops, it worked for me :)

Create a US account on your console, use any valid address you want, I chose a Best Buy in LA. Purchase US region ms points from Amazon, Best Buy or anyone else you can find. Redeem points with your US account, purchase and download TWD and you can now enjoy it's goodness on either your US account or your regular account.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Spill the beans on what is going on between telltale and MS not allowing this game for sale.
    Beans spilled:
    _BrYan_ wrote: »
    Hey guys - I happen to be the producer on The Walking Dead that handles game ratings/classifications. I was checking out the forums, saw this post, and just wanted to take a moment to respond to this valid concern from you.

First of all: I don't feel like anybody is being rude. I understand your excitement to play a game so many others are talking about. I'm sorry you can't get it on console at the moment.

Typically, our games come to New Zealand because as long as a game is not restricted in Australia, we release in both countries for the cost of just 1 rating. It's been pointed out in this thread already that we pretty much have no chance at getting an Australian rating until early 2013 (when new certification laws come into effect). That said, there IS a way to bypass the Australian rating and attempt to get a game rated directly in New Zealand (See: Mortal Kombat), but the cost of the rating must be weighed against the potential for sales in that reigon. Start by considering the cost of the title. Mortal Kombat has a better chance to make money in New Zealand because it costs roughly 55 dollars MORE than Episode 1 of The Walking Dead. That means they can sell less copies of their game than us and still make money. Even if you opt for the season pass on PSN, Mortal Kombat is still more than twice the cost of The Walking Dead. That means we need to sell a VERY high volume of games in New Zealand to justify the cost (in both time and money) of a New Zealand only rating.

So, to answer your question: It's a business decision, not a middle finger. Trust me, this is NOT an issue of us disliking our fans in New Zealand, or forgetting about them! Some people in this thread have suggested methoods for getting the game on console already, but my suggestion would be to get it on PC/mac!

At any rate, I hope this sheds some light on the issue. Again, I'm sorry that we couldn't get this game to your consoles at the same time as places elsewhere, but I just wanted to point out some reasons why and say without spoiling any potential future plans that you guys are on our radar!
  • edited April 2012
    Well Telltale is alteast being hounest. So you just have to deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.