the choices

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
hey there! sorry if I have missed out on any pre-release discussions here (bought the game on the 24th so I know a bare minimum about this game). my question: will my choices have an affect on later episodes, and if so, how will that be implemented in case I've made multiple playthroughs of episode 1? will I import a savegame into episode 2 when it comes out? and if not, will it just pick the latest playthrough?
answers would be nice, in any form, even if you just point me in the right direction :) (forums can be a bit overwhelming so sorry if I've overlooked an important thread)

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Every single decision made is included in the savegame, so designers of the later episodes can make whatever they like relevant in choosing paths and outcomes. It might be the obvious big decisions that change things, but it could also be something minor you didn't think much of.

I think one of the main features of the game is the idea that choices affect what happens down the line. However the designers said they want it to be a very low challenge game where everyone is moved forward in some way.

There's 3 save slots.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    tmfm2000 wrote: »
    hey there! sorry if I have missed out on any pre-release discussions here (bought the game on the 24th so I know a bare minimum about this game). my question: will my choices have an affect on later episodes, and if so, how will that be implemented in case I've made multiple playthroughs of episode 1? will I import a savegame into episode 2 when it comes out? and if not, will it just pick the latest playthrough?
    answers would be nice, in any form, even if you just point me in the right direction :) (forums can be a bit overwhelming so sorry if I've overlooked an important thread)

The save slots are the key. You have these three save slots not for this one episode, but for the entire game. You will be able to chose from the save slots in which you completed ep. 1 for the second episode and so on. Note that unlike in other games, you can also copy your saves - this will give you the ability to "rewind" save slots without losing your progress.

It's a bit confusing really because it's all so new, but it does make sense once you got into it. I just wish there were more save slots. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    The save slots are the key. You have these three save slots not for this one episode, but for the entire game. You will be able to chose from the save slots in which you completed ep. 1 for the second episode and so on. Note that unlike in other games, you can also copy your saves - this will give you the ability to "rewind" save slots without losing your progress.

It's a bit confusing really because it's all so new, but it does make sense once you got into it. I just wish there were more save slots. ;)

you and me both! :(
  • edited May 2012
    ....you can also copy your saves - this will give you the ability to "rewind" save slots without losing your progress.

Not entirely true - you can rewind but all progress AFTER the point you rewind to is then lost and has to be played again.
  • edited May 2012
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    Not entirely true - you can rewind but all progress AFTER the point you rewind to is then lost and has to be played again.

Fine by me, I don't much mind where the story goes, so long as I'm the one writing it. :) And if getting the full benefit of that is by playing Episode 1 over, by all means, I will.
This discussion has been closed.