Foreign customers: Would you pay for a TWD localization?

Would you pay a little extra for TWD localization or translation in your language of the whole series?
Or at least for French, Italian, Spanish and German languages?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I personally wouldn't pay for it, because my English is good enough to fully enjoy the original language. And I see it like this ... If they (TTG) want to sell the game to people, who don't speak English very well, why should they (those potential customers) pay more, than the standard price? That seems "unfair".

If TTG wants to reach more customers, they should provide at least subtitles on their own costs. That should cause more income, than they would have to spend for it. I can't say, if it's the same for the localization/dubbs/synchro...

But yes, I guess there are some fans, who would like to pay some extra money to get better language support.
  • edited May 2012
    i think subtitles would do fine for those who have problems understanding english, i mean revoicing the game in each language seems alot of work that would probably delay the product for alot of time.

And yea if i had problems understanding something i like, i would pay for subtitles/translation however this is not the case lol.
  • edited May 2012
    I would pay for sure
  • edited May 2012
    I'd vote for "I dont't care!", but there is no such option.
  • edited May 2012
    I don't need a translation, english is just fine. Why is there no option for that? :)
  • edited May 2012
    big-augen wrote: »
    I'd vote for "I dont't care!", but there is no such option.

Well, because the poll is addressed to the ones who wants translations. We are in an english forums, and most of U.S. player surely doesn't need localization. I kept those users away from the poll, not giving them option to vote "I don't need translation because I'm english" - that's obvious and would make the poll unbalanced IMHO.
    And BTW I even don't know how to add that option if I wanted to now. :o
  • edited May 2012
    Take my money!!!!!
    Give me Italian!!!!! :D
  • edited May 2012
    Well, because the poll is addressed to the ones who wants translations. We are in an english forums, and most of U.S. player surely doesn't need localization. I kept those users away from the poll, not giving them option to vote "I don't need translation because I'm english" - that's obvious and would make the poll unbalanced IMHO.

Topic title says "foreign customers", I am a foreign customer. :)

But I know what you mean. Hopefully Telltale adds new languages for the players who desire it. More languages means also more customers, so it's a good thing. But no customer should have to pay extra money for it.
  • edited May 2012
    I speak italian and german (and a little bit of english of course...), but I don't need a localization... English is fine! :)
  • edited May 2012
    Im foreign customer and...I don't care. I never turn on localization when available - it's often badly made (and forced localizations are my nightmare).
    I can see a point in making subtitles for other languages (bigget target = more $$$) but I personally don't care about potential translations.
  • edited May 2012
    GeFrans wrote: »
    I speak italian and german (and a little bit of english of course...), but I don't need a localization... English is fine! :)

Never had the will to make someone play a Telltale game (BTTF, Tales, TWD), but you can't because he/she isn't so good in english?
    I've at least 3 friend and 1 cousin that would like to play those games....
    They would have sold 4 copies more....
  • edited May 2012
    Never had the will to make someone play a Telltale game (BTTF, Tales, TWD), but you can't because he/she isn't so good in english?
    I've at least 3 friend and 1 cousin that would like to play those games....
    They would have sold 4 copies more....

I'm not saying that I'm against localization, but that I would play in english even if there was an italian version of the game.

As Skan said in a earlier message, most of the time localizations are badly made. A bad localization may be acceptable in a FPS, but in an adventure game it can ruin the entire game experience... IMHO...
  • edited May 2012
    And deal with very poor quality translation/voice acting? No thanks, I'll stick with the original.
  • edited May 2012
    I suppose if English (Or Scottish!) wasnt my native language I would probably expect subtitles for major non English languages as part of the game by default, but I wouldn't mind paying a bit for a full voiceover translation, since that would take alot of work, effort and money to make it happen.
  • edited May 2012
    After buying the season I won't pay more money for a translation.

But if Telltale says that a game will be in spanish and it's 5$ more expensive than normal I'll buy it anyway if I like the game, sure.

Oh, and I don't feel like TTG owes me a translation. First at all, TTG owes me nothing. They said that they will release a TWD game in English and here it is, I don't feel cheated or something like that. If they want to make the translation to spanish ok, but I won't pay it like a DLC.
  • edited May 2012
    subtitles should be included always. As for voiceacting no, english is enough. I play all games in english because 99% of the time the english version sounds much better.
  • edited May 2012
    I don't have problems with English language but I think portuguese subtitle/audio could reach more "people" to play it!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    The only problem I have with English is that I can't show this game to my brother and have him understand it. ;)
  • edited May 2012
    The only problem I have with English is that I can't show this game to my brother and have him understand it. ;)

I felt it last weekend when I was showing the game to my girlfriend...
    The game is too fast when you try to translate and explain to another person.
  • edited May 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    After buying the season I won't pay more money for a translation.

But if Telltale says that a game will be in spanish and it's 5$ more expensive than normal I'll buy it anyway if I like the game, sure.

Oh, and I don't feel like TTG owes me a translation. First at all, TTG owes me nothing. They said that they will release a TWD game in English and here it is, I don't feel cheated or something like that. If they want to make the translation to spanish ok, but I won't pay it like a DLC.

Same here, but I would not pay more to have the game in my language, it's a discrimination, from my point of view.
    I'm a player and a GREAT supporter of TTG Games, but in that case I prefer to translate on my own.
  • edited May 2012
    Where is the option in the vote with: I don't need a translation to my language because i speak, write and read perfectly, so I have no need for it? :)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    You're a little late. ;)
    Cornson wrote: »
    Where is the option in the vote with: I don't need a translation to my language because i speak, write and read perfectly, so I have no need for it? :)
  • edited May 2012
    Well I am not from America, I am from a country called Denmark, which means i am danish :)

and we speak danish in Denmark not English, so English is my second language :)
  • edited May 2012
    Same here... I'm german but I live in Italy, so English is my third language.

A "I don't care" option would be nice, but as Bloody Eugene said, it's not possible...
  • edited May 2012
    Hi, I live in Germany and I´m fine with my games in english.
  • edited May 2012
    Usually people that doesn't know english doesn't come here to vote in an english forum board.
    Still, more than half of the english-knowing foreign customers would like to buy subtitles.
    That's relevant to me. Or not? :p
  • edited May 2012
    Usually people that doesn't know english doesn't come here to vote in an english forum board.
    Still, more than half of the english-knowing foreign customers would like to buy subtitles.
    That's relevant to me. Or not? :p

I think you use a picture from "the orient express", right? Quite a nice game.
  • edited May 2012
    As a Norwegian I would be annoyed if it was dubbed in Norwegian. I also prefer English subtitles, as they are usually more accurate than the translation.
    If it were to be added then it should be voluntarily.

I am really happy they don't dub TV here as well.
    I don't understand how anyone can get used to dubbing. Take for example monkey island series. One of the best things about it is the voice acting from for example guybrush and dubbing would imo severely affect quality.
  • edited May 2012
    I prefer it in English and games are pretty much never available in my language. So in short: no.
  • edited May 2012
    I've got a question, Eugene:

In this poll, are you refering to pay the subtitles as a DLC or paying an extra when you purchase (o prepurchase) the game?
  • edited May 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    I've got a question, Eugene:

In this poll, are you refering to pay the subtitles as a DLC or paying an extra when you purchase (o prepurchase) the game?

I intended to pay the subtitles as a DLC at first, and I think it's better, because doesn't interfere with the regular episode's developing process (they can concetrate on releasing english first and then add subtitles after some weeks).
    But it could be interesting to have a "foreign version" of the game that costs a bunch of extra $, but including the most used languages other than english.
This discussion has been closed.