Possible comic spoilers, Prisoner story.

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
Listening to the officers story at the start of the game, it sounds like he transferred the serial killer Thomas Richards to the prison.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Richards

description and crime kinda matches his MO.

If so, damn telltale, you guys are too good.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Interesting idea. I hadn't thought of it and it would be a very subtle reference, but could be. I'm excited to see what other character crossovers we will see in the game.
  • edited May 2012
    i just thought of that when i watch my girlfriend play it yesterday
  • edited May 2012
    Yep, I thought so. Clearly it's an easter egg. He describes Thomas very well.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Telltale's known for their inside references in their games. I don't know a lot about the Walking Dead world, so I couldn't find any. But I was on the lookout for references to their other games (they're known to do that too). They'd have to be really subtle references to fit into the atmosphere of the game, but it wouldn't surprise me to see something pop up before the end of the five episode run (they managed to do an excellent subtle reference to the cancellation of Sam & Max: Freelance Police [which was the reason Telltale was formed in the first place] in one of their other serious games, CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder). :)
  • edited May 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Telltale's known for their inside references in their games. I don't know a lot about the Walking Dead world, so I couldn't find any. But I was on the lookout for references to their other games (they're known to do that too). They'd have to be really subtle references to fit into the atmosphere of the game, but it wouldn't surprise me to see something pop up before the end of the five episode run (they managed to do an excellent subtle reference to the cancellation of Sam & Max: Freelance Police [which was the reason Telltale was formed in the first place] in one of their other serious games, CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder). :)

Speaking with the officer at the beginning, there's a reference to "Law & order".

He tells something like "I let the Law to others, I am dedicated to Order".

Very very subtle. :)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    Speaking with the officer at the beginning, there's a reference to "Law & order".

He tells something like "I let the Law to others, I am dedicated to Order".

Very very subtle. :)
    Nice catch! :D

I knew Telltale would be sly enough to sneak some in-jokes in there. :)
  • edited May 2012
    Now only if we can get Banang. I'll be good.
  • edited May 2012
    There is also an easter egg at the end of the game - when Duck is talking to Clementine, he is discussing a story from Super Dinosaur, which is another comic written by Robert Kirkman
  • edited May 2012
    I noticed that in the car too.
This discussion has been closed.