Good Zombie Games to pass time Between 'Sodes

My personal favorites are Choice of Zombies (free online, or purchasable as an iOS interactive fiction game), which shares a number of similarities with TWD (shooting=bad, plucky kid sidekick that's likable and realistic and good, paced writing)

Also the Organ Trail, and also free.

And Rebuild, a management sim where you need to clear the board of zombies (or cure the disease, or flee), also free, with a good, inexpensive iOS port.

Any good recommendations?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    On xbox there is Left 4 Dead 2 and Dead Island
  • edited May 2012
    Played all of these today and they were all fun XD.
  • edited May 2012
    these are the zombie games i have played on PC which i found good and or funny.

Dead Island
    Zombie Panic Soruce (free if you have steam and own 1 game which use the source engine, fx half life 2, team fortress 2, day of defeat 2 or counter strike source, i have played this game 731 hours)
    Plants vs zombies (just for the lulz, and i have played this for 347 hours)
    Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse (around 50 hours)
    Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green (10 hours, completed it ones)
    Dead Rising 2
    Left 4 dead 2
    Killing floor (even though these are not zombies, but spiciment, i have played this 99 hours)
    Pound to the Ground
    Resident evil 5 (the only resident evil game i have, but i guess the other games in the series are good aswell?)
    Zombie Driver.

hope this list can help you guys maintain your zombie love untill the next episode of the walking dead comes out ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Project zomboid, its an 2d old school survival horror being developed by an indie team its not officially finished however you can pay around 5 dollars and get access to all beta/alpha or whatever versions they are working with.

Basically you spawn in a town and you need to survive as much as possible, you can build a fort, loot alot of abandoned places like office,houses,drug stores,get thirsty, tired and use pretty much everything you can find as a weapon even pens/pencils. And stealth is the only good way to get rid of zombies as a gunshot will probably lure the whole town to you.

I already played it and for me its pretty much an stable good experience despite the fact that its still being developed and, however as stated up they are still tweaking with the settings and adding stuff.
  • edited May 2012
    i liked zombie driver.
    plants vs zombies has tons of great mini games, can keep you engaged for dozens of hours
  • edited May 2012
    Infectonator 1 & 2, Last Stand:Union City, Zombocalypse, Rebuild 1 & 2, Decision, Boxhead, The Sagittarian 1 & 2 to name a few. These can be found on Armorgames.com.
    If you like these just type in 'zombie' in the search field on the site and knock yourself out.
  • edited May 2012
    Project Zomboid is one of my personal favs, great sandbox zombie game.
  • edited May 2012
    Trapped dead is a very good game indeed once you get into it.

www.trappeddead.com
  • edited May 2012
    They just released a big update for trapped dead on steam, sadly no sale to go with it yet
  • edited May 2012
    For iOS N.Y. Zombies is a pretty good game. You don't move around at all, you move your view and shoot your weapon which vary from melee to powerful ranged weapons which you can also upgrade along with your armor, medkits, etc.,etc. They're finally making a sequel to it but it's still a fun game. The Halloween unlock makes it so some of the zombies have pumpkin heads and their hit zones correspond with the size increase. Unsporting but entertaining.
  • edited May 2012
    Atom Zombie Smasher is great. Definitely not a typical zombie game, but it's one that I always go back to.
  • edited May 2012
    I say for pc zombie master, project zomboid and atom zombie smasher.
  • edited May 2012
    The Devil Inside was a great zombie game. It followed the same premise as the running man were an audiance is watching you go to a haunted mansion and take down zombies. They react when zombies jump out and stuff. Also its always good to see a zombie granny on a zimmer frame with an oozie
  • edited May 2012
    Cornson wrote: »
    these are the zombie games i have played on PC which i found good and or funny.

Dead Island
    Zombie Panic Soruce (free if you have steam and own 1 game which use the source engine, fx half life 2, team fortress 2, day of defeat 2 or counter strike source, i have played this game 731 hours)
    Plants vs zombies (just for the lulz, and i have played this for 347 hours)
    Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse (around 50 hours)
    Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green (10 hours, completed it ones)
    Dead Rising 2
    Left 4 dead 2
    Killing floor (even though these are not zombies, but spiciment, i have played this 99 hours)
    Pound to the Ground
    Resident evil 5 (the only resident evil game i have, but i guess the other games in the series are good aswell?)
    Zombie Driver.

hope this list can help you guys maintain your zombie love untill the next episode of the walking dead comes out ;)

If you like RE5 you love the olders games. RE5 is more shooting then survival.
  • edited May 2012
    I think most of my favourite zombie games have been mentioned but my favourites are Left 4 Dead (prefer the first to second), Resident Evil 5 (hoping to get Resident Evil 4 on Xbox Live soon) and Dead Rising 2.
  • edited May 2012
    ZacTB wrote: »
    I think most of my favourite zombie games have been mentioned but my favourites are Left 4 Dead (prefer the first to second), Resident Evil 5 (hoping to get Resident Evil 4 on Xbox Live soon) and Dead Rising 2.

RE4 is great!
  • edited May 2012
    Wow thanks for the tips, infectionator 2 and choice of zombies are both free and great
This discussion has been closed.