No run, no crash, no nothing?

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
Bought the game from steam. Installed it, clicked play, steam did its normal 'first time config' stuff, I got the 'Walking dead.exe has stopped working' error, clicked ok. Nothing happened. Now every time I run the game (either through steam or direct from my hard drive's .exe) it does nothing. No start up, just absolutely nothing. Details below.

Checked the forums, verified my cache, I run steam as an administrator (and don't use a shortcut to run TWD since it has to run through steam anyway), tried creating a shortcut for TWD and running that as an admin, but there was no option to (I would assume this is because the shortcut was linked to the steam run file). At this point I restarted my system and buggered off for 12 hours or so.

Return to system, first thing I do is open steam and attempt to run TWD. Same issue. I go to steam, delete local content for TWD, then download it again. Same issue as before. So I go digging through my folders and locate the TWD.exe, right click, run as administrator, and nothing.

There's no way my system doesn't meet the min reqs, I have an Nvidia card, Windows 7, 8 gigs of ram, an i5 2500k (3.3gig), and like 600 gigs of hard drive space.

I'm sick, tired, and now frustrated that this game that's been getting 5 star reviews everywhere has decided not to work on my computer and I can't figure out why!

Comments

• edited May 2012
    ...I went over the troubleshooting guide and tried the 'run in compatability mode' fix.

That seems to have fixed it!

<mutters about it always being the last thing he tries>

Thanks anyway, and thanks for having a general troubleshooting thread that actually helped.
This discussion has been closed.