Length of future episodes?

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
So does any one know (or can someone from telltale answer) Will future episodes be longer? I think it was ok first ep but I would like more walking dead (unless theres season 2 which im fine with ;) )

Comments

• edited May 2012
    No one except the developers know, and it isn't set in stone until the next episode is finished.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    By the subjective standards established in previous games, forumites have come to expect 2 to 3 hours of fun with one episode. But TWD is rather fast-paced, so the "almost two hours" of the first episode might be the standard for the entire series. Maybe the next episode is a bit longer, maybe a bit shorter - we can't be sure yet. But you will definitely not experience that an episode will really be MUCH longer.

But even then, you'll have a 10 hour interactive story at the end of the Season. Not that bad for the price, don't you think?
  • edited May 2012
    But even then, you'll have a 10 hour interactive story at the end of the Season. Not that bad for the price, don't you think?

Nope, as the game you can pass only one, max two times this 10h of gameplaydont give much. :P We want full year in Walking Dead universe! :D
  • edited May 2012
    I'm hoping there's an opening for a season 2 even if it's no longer with Lee and his group. I want to see what's happening in other areas of the globe especially North east, Mid west and and West Coast But expect a 10 to 15 hour game at the end of the season which could easily become a 100+ hour experience with all the possible choices of who to save and who to kill, how you act toward others and discovering small stuff in the world.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    I hope for ten million seasons
  • edited May 2012
    Well, going by the trophies/achievements, there's 35 total chapters, 7 per Episode..but that doesn't really help right now because they may add more chapters, and may increase the length of each chapter.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    The expectation right now is, much like our other games, episodes within the Walking Dead will be around the same playtime as the first episode. Also the first season will stay five episodes :) We'd of course always love to make more and more and more down the line, but in the meantime for us it's all about making these five as great as we can.
  • edited May 2012
    "Also the first season" hinting of a possibilty of a second, you are our saviour. Thankyou.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Oh sorry, we just always call it that, sorry. That's not meant to imply anything. A second season isn't announced, nor are we working on it! (That's not to say a second season wouldn't be cool, but right now we have this season to make!)
  • edited May 2012
    We will keep this our little secret ;)
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    awww ruairi ever the optimist.
  • edited May 2012
    i have found that in the past the 1st is often the shortest one, but has been a while since i have played a telltale game
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah, hopefully 3,4,and 5 will be slightly longer, 3hrs or so. Plus with all the playthroughs we'll be doing... Even at 2hrs per that's 10hrs, times 3 saves is 30 hours of game for $25. Pretty sweet deal when you think about it
This discussion has been closed.