Episode 2 - June 24th? / NOT TRUE, officially refuted

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
"The first episode of the game was eventually made available to purchase and download to all platforms on Telltale's official website on April 26, 2012 3:00PM EST.[citation needed] Episode 2 – Starved for Help will be delayed until June 24th 2012 due to problems with the programing."

This was posted on the wiki page for TWD game. How true is this?

Comments

• CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Trust Nothing and Noone
  • edited May 2012
    maybe a telltale member could reply?
  • edited May 2012
    say watdafug!! hope not
  • edited May 2012
    I've removed it, seeing as there was no citation.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    i doubt it
  • edited May 2012
    Why have we not been given certain dates for when these episodes are coming out? It's seems kind of lame to make us wait an entire month for two to three hours of game play.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Lameness is in the eye of the beholder
  • edited May 2012
    well duh...that's why i said it.
  • edited May 2012
    mkane24 wrote: »
    Why have we not been given certain dates for when these episodes are coming out? It's seems kind of lame to make us wait an entire month for two to three hours of game play.

Because that's how Telltale works--they release games episodically so they can 1) get fan feedback in between episodes and 2) build a community of fans who talk about the game in between episodes, almost like a television series

As far as release dates go, Telltale is usually working on the episode right up until the very last minute they release it, so they hold back on having release dates (which would be tentative at best) until they're locked in.
  • edited May 2012
    yeah this is my first time getting a telltale game so I don't know that. I don't know... I guess I just think it sucks waiting a months at a time for two to three hours of game play. Don't get me wrong, I thought episode one was awesome. I've just been left wanting so much more. I guess that's a good marketing technique.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    this is my third telltale game after S&M season 1 and 2 im dissappointed season 3 isnt on xbla but i wont hold it against them
  • edited May 2012
    I'd still like someone from telltale to refute this original post though
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    They will given time if they stopped all the time to talk to us there would be no time to work on episode 2
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I've removed it, seeing as there was no citation.

Good work.

The wiki is done by helpful, but entirely voluntary and unofficial contributors. Unless this is said by a source like IGN, AT LEAST, don't trust them a word. If there is an actual delay, the only valid confirmation comes from this blog.

It is obvious that this game has attracted a lot of players who knew nothing about how Telltale works beforehand, and some of them just happen to not have anything better to do with their lives than to flame around and try how much they can trouble others who are eagerly waiting for episode two. Whoever added this bit to the wiki clearly meant to see if this hoax would cause any kind of backlash in here. :mad:

Closing this.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    That date was never released by Telltale so it was never official to begin with. We also haven't announced a delay for "programming problems" or any other reason, because the episode's release date itself is not yet announced! Episode Two hasn't yet got a release date.

We've only announced the release date of the first episode (which has since shipped :)). When the dates for subsequent episodes are announced, you'll hear about it on the Telltale blog, Telltale's Walking Dead Facebook page, Telltale's Twitter account, and the Telltale forums. If you hear a release date from anywhere else first and can't find it substantiated on Telltale's site (or a news/social network page belonging to Telltale), it is most likely incorrect.

That "only trust the official source" extends to IGN and the like -- they put release dates up for games based sometimes just on a guess! They are often wrong.
This discussion has been closed.