Vainamoinen closer of threads!

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
My question you, Vainamoinen, is why close my thread?

You said, "It is obvious that this game has attracted a lot of players who knew nothing about how Telltale works beforehand, and some of them just happen to not have anything better to do with their lives than to flame around and try how much they can trouble others who are eagerly waiting for episode two"

I'm still trying to figure this statement out? Are you saying I'm bothering someone by opening up a topic for discussion on a message board?

I was hoping by opening a thread like the June 24th release date might get a telltale member on her to confirm or refute it. I see there is a nice guessing game thread on which date episode 2 is coming out, but that really doesn't help me. I'm sorry for having the opinion I do about how they are releasing the episodes, but that's just it...it's my opinion. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board isn't excited waiting a month apart for two to three hours of game play.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    mkane24 wrote: »
    My question you, Vainamoinen, is why close my thread?

You said, "It is obvious that this game has attracted a lot of players who knew nothing about how Telltale works beforehand, and some of them just happen to not have anything better to do with their lives than to flame around and try how much they can trouble others who are eagerly waiting for episode two"

I'm still trying to figure this statement out? Are you saying I'm bothering someone by opening up a topic for discussion on a message board?

I was hoping by opening a thread like the June 24th release date might get a telltale member on her to confirm or refute it. I see there is a nice guessing game thread on which date episode 2 is coming out, but that really doesn't help me. I'm sorry for having the opinion I do about how they are releasing the episodes, but that's just it...it's my opinion. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board isn't excited waiting a month apart for two to three hours of game play.

I do apologize; it's just that so many rumors have been flying as of late. But here is the thing- employees won't confirm or deny your date here. A blog post will be made or a new sticky thread when a date is announced. The debs dot have time to read though every date speculation thread- they're trying to finish the game!
  • edited May 2012
    this i understand. completely. I just have saw a couple telltale members on here so i assumed they checked the threads once and a while.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I think I found my new tagline. "Vainamoinen, closer of threads". Off to print T-shirts with that.

divisonten's right though. It wasn't "your thread" that I wanted to close, it was a discussion which let many players here panic for no real reason. Sincerely, I'm thankful that you brought up the topic and pointed in the direction of the wiki, so the idea could be refuted, but if that thread lingers around too much, less thorough frequenters of this forum might just get the thread title and believe it. So I closed the thread, I meant no offense with it and I apologize if you interpreted this the wrong way.

The part you quoted was about whoever wrote the bogus line about the delay into the TWD wiki. That in fact was probably someone who just wanted to see people loose their cool here. This was never meant in your direction.
  • edited May 2012
    Well thank you for clearing that up. I had some strange error messages saying i wasn't aloud to post new threads? I didn't want to start another one and clutter up the board...this isn't true, right?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Not to my knowledge, no. Mods can't prevent registered members from opening new threads (they can only ban them, close and/or delete the thread ;) ). But if you tried to open a thread in the insider forum - that indeed you can't, but everyone else can't either.
  • edited May 2012
    ok thanks! yeah i thought that was pretty strange. glad to see you got a nice t-shirt idea
  • edited May 2012
    Also, Jake, who IS a Telltale employee just posted an answer for you:

Jake wrote: »
    That date was never released by Telltale so it was never official to begin with. We also haven't announced a delay for "programming problems" or any other reason, because the episode's release date itself is not yet announced! Episode Two hasn't yet got a release date.

We've only announced the release date of the first episode (which has since shipped :)). When the dates for subsequent episodes are announced, you'll hear about it on the Telltale blog, Telltale's Walking Dead Facebook page, Telltale's Twitter account, and the Telltale forums. If you hear a release date from anywhere else first and can't find it substantiated on Telltale's site (or a news/social network page belonging to Telltale), it is most likely incorrect.

That "only trust the official source" extends to IGN and the like -- they put release dates up for games based sometimes just on a guess! They are often wrong.
  • edited May 2012
    Vainamoinen What would you think about a posted/pinned topic release date FAQ. This series seems to be bringing in a lot of new users who might not be familiar with the episodic format. Maybe a post at time would minimize the number of posts about a release date. Just a thought.
  • edited May 2012
    yeah i saw that. thanks
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Vainamoinen Closer of Threads and Maker of Memes
  • edited May 2012
    I think this thread is about done. Vainamoinen, close it :p
  • edited May 2012
    Nah. I got this one.
This discussion has been closed.