How do you prefer to play?

edited May 2012 in The Walking Dead
With a minimal display and action buttons or standard?

I chose minimal,i liked scanning the environment looking for something to interact with.

With what method are you gonna play on next episodes?

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Good idea for a question! Hope you don't mind, I added a poll 'cause I love them so much. :)

I prefer minimal because I like less help and enjoy discovering things for myself (even if it means I get my face eaten off by zombies a few times in the process). I'd also be interested to try the other option though, to see exactly when I'm doing something that has an impact on the story.
  • edited May 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Good idea for a question! Hope you don't mind, I added a poll 'cause I love them so much. :)

I prefer minimal because I like less help and enjoy discovering things for myself (even if it means I get my face eaten off by zombies a few times in the process). I'd also be interested to try the other option though, to see exactly when I'm doing something that has an impact on the story.

I wish we could combine the two: having minimal assistance on screen about the actions you need to do or the items you can check but having a notification when you are impacting the story.

And good idea on the poll!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    shukista wrote: »
    I wish we could combine the two: having minimal assistance on screen about the actions you need to do or the items you can check but having a notification when you are impacting the story.

And good idea on the poll!

You can have that! You can turn the item dots off in settings, but leave choice notifications on, or any configuration of the two. Standard/Minimal were two starting points, but that can be customized within gameplay settings.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    You can have that! You can turn the item dots off in settings, but leave choice notifications on, or any configuration of the two. Standard/Minimal were two starting points, but that can be customized within gameplay settings.

Well that is pretty gosh darn good!
  • edited May 2012
    Jake wrote: »

Wow this is great!
    Thank you for the info!
  • edited May 2012
    I turned off story notifications (Clementine will remember this), but left the action buttons. Because I prefer the story to be a bit more surprising, but hate scanning the environment for interactions, I´d rather know beforehand what I can and can´t do.
  • edited May 2012
    Definitely a minimalist here. I find it much more interesting to see a reaction than to have ESP about it. Hunting for objects increases play time too.
  • edited May 2012
    Minimalist here. It helps a lot in story immersion. Search for objects around it's what Lee would do.

Wow, I'm surprised, we minimalist are less.
  • edited May 2012
    I turned off the story notifications and turned on the hotspot-proximity-finder-thingy. I kind of wish this were one of the defaults. The story notifications completely ruin the immersion, but without the hotspot finder, the game's way too pixel-hunty, to the point of being almost unplayable -- you can't just click anywhere on an object to interact with it; you have to find the tiny little dot randomly hidden somewhere on the object that doesn't show up unless your cursor is directly over it.
  • edited May 2012
    Minimalist.

Telltale's other titles got me used to just finding the objects and I want to know my actions will effect the game not by text notifications, but by the legitimate reactions of the characters.
  • edited May 2012
    I selected minimal and I would prefer if the interface would be even more minimal. I would be happy if the "cursor" would be smaller or off always. For me it would be enough to have the white dot (incl. the possible actions) when the center of the screen is close to an object.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I played with the minimal interface. In larger games I sometimes use the hotspot notification option, but in episodic episodes, I definitely prefer to not use that option at all. Like others have said, it helps immerse you in the game and the story and it helps expand the length of gameplay a bit too. :)
  • edited May 2012
    I turn the story event reminders off in the options but kept the object notifications on. Also using a 360 controller to play on my TV
This discussion has been closed.