I'm playing walking dead on my 360 because my computer is a piece of junk.

edited June 2012 in The Walking Dead
My question is, what settings are the 360 version running on? medium? low?

Comments

• CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    it's pretty good im in the same boat
  • R10R10
    edited May 2012
    i have a 360 but i play it on the pc so i wouldn't be able to say... the graphics on the game are really not fancy like say battlefield 3 or anything like that.. So im sure that on the xbox 360 they running on high .
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah maybe no antialiasing but other than that it's gonna be the same across the board. On my main gaming rig($1800) my graphics card only uses 1 GPU and it doesn't fluctuate more than 2 degrees while playing this lol

On a side note, if you ever want a new PC hit me up. I'll build it and ship it to you for barely over cost. Custom built is the way to go!
  • edited May 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    Yeah maybe no antialiasing but other than that it's gonna be the same across the board. On my main gaming rig($1800) my graphics card only uses 1 GPU and it doesn't fluctuate more than 2 degrees while playing this lol

On a side note, if you ever want a new PC hit me up. I'll build it and ship it to you for barely over cost. Custom built is the way to go!

which is best pci x16/x20 v1.0 ati card ? i have a 1gb hd4890 powercolor right now did have a second one but it's iffy and my mobo is an asus p6t deluxe v2 is that pci 2.0 ? lol says on the box it supports it..
  • edited May 2012
    I bought my pc from walmart..hah
  • edited May 2012
    which is best pci x16/x20 v1.0 ati card ? i have a 1gb hd4890 powercolor right now did have a second one but it's iffy and my mobo is an asus p6t deluxe v2 is that pci 2.0 ? lol says on the box it supports it..

That's a great motherboard! Yes it is pci-e 2.0, also it is Nvidia SLI or AMD crossfire compatible! Nice feature to have.

The 4890 is still a decent card, oldie but a goodie. If you're wanting to play new games tho, you won't have directx11 and some advanced features with that, and it will show its age. As far as getting a new card, how much do you have to spend?? There's a wide range of cards out now that are very nice and budget friendly, from $170 up to $1000 lol

Which processor did you mate with that nice motherboard?
  • edited May 2012
    I bought my pc from walmart..hah

You poor sap ;op

I just upgraded the local Gamestop manager's PC. He had bought a Dell "XPS" system 6months ago for $700 or so. They put a $40 Radeon 4350 in it! He wanted to play games. The motherboard was micro, the case was about standard, the power supply was.... 350Watts

Needless to say, we spent $500+ upgrading it for gaming between a new PSU, case with better airflow and room for his new Radeon 6950.

For $1200 we could have built him a much better computer to start with, one with an upgradeable motherboard, more Ram and a better processor.

For even a casual gamer, super cheap is never good. You'll need expensive upgrades or a new PC within a couple years
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    The most i can ever spend on a computer is 400 bucks {and that will take me a couple years to save] granted im not expecting to run Fallout 3 with all the neat mods. Just surf the web play flash games and if possible play games like zomboid or my own AGS studio game Necroquest Deluxe
  • edited May 2012
    If hard drive prices come back down to where they were before the Thailand tsunamis, $400 would be doable(Before tax & shipping)

We could use one of the new AMD APU processor/graphics combo. You would be able to run fallout 3 with all the mods on low to medium settings at good resolution. I built a cheap build for my bro inlaw a few months ago with an A8 and it's working out well for him. Just about any game runs really well.
  • edited May 2012
    i'm running a intel i7 3.07ghz overclocked to 3.8ghz stable with liquid cooling

since i'm in the uk, up to 200 quid.. twd runs smooth as silk with out anti alaising on max resolution and with out shadows (can't tell the difference)

but i got the secret world beta (mmo) and my hd4890 didn't like it regardless of settings almost max activity and running at 70 degrees fan running about 70%. with latest driver
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah for any new game, and especially non-optimized betas, you'll need a new card. AMD I recommend Radeon 6950 2GB. Plenty of VRam, fast enough to run most games maxed out up to 1080p, and only $230 or so US.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    My computers so crappy i can't even open up your story without getting an error
  • edited May 2012
    Haha you should save the document to a 5.25" floppy and open it on your newer computer ;op
  • edited May 2012
    2gb wow any version of that stand out ? like an ati or power colour or saphire ?

i have 1300watt psu so reckon that'll cover it ?
  • edited May 2012
    Why on Earth do you have a 1300W PSU!?!?

You could run a couple 6990s with that lol 6950 only requires 500W PSU I believe, so you're more than fine.

I usually go with Sapphire. Sapphire Select Club has some nice perks occasionally, they're usually the cheapest, and have great customer support
  • edited May 2012
    i did have two hd4890's and when i bought it was 1100watt

it was cheapest option but my cooling pump fried it i was given this 1300 free /part of warranty
  • edited May 2012
    Ah well that's a good excuse then

Yeah a single 6950 is more than twice as fast as the 4890, stays much cooler, and only uses 10Watts more than a single 4890, as well as idling at almost nothing. Hell the Radeon 6870 is still a really good card too for $170 and only uses 150Watts

6950 is my fave performance for price tho, and it's also overclockable pretty well.

It's about the same performance as the GTX 570 for $50 cheaper

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-6950-6970-review/

There's a good review for when it came out. Doesn't have BF3 and newer benchmarks but still good idea. Just a sec I'll find newer review that has benchmarks

http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-radeon-hd-7870-twinfrozr-iii-oc-review/20

Look at any of the benchmark charts to see how it performs
  • edited May 2012
    cheers for the help
  • edited June 2012
    No prob Bob. If you set a specific price range PM me, I'll find you the best price and hook ya up.
  • edited June 2012
    All this talk is why I play games on console - PSU, raedon, pci ?????

Too bloody confusing for me.
  • edited June 2012
    meds wrote: »
    All this talk is why I play games on console - PSU, raedon, pci ?????

Too bloody confusing for me.

sorry i'll take it to pm's lol

the down side to having a console is the movement of the reticle unless you got amazing coordination..
  • edited June 2012
    That and computer graphics are 3 times as good as xbox.

Being confused about computers is why I exist Meds. You get confused, or want a new computer, you call me! :)
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    I think i found a Virus/Glitch on the Xbox anyone interested?
  • edited June 2012
    Hey Capn, I just noticed the link in your sig. Did you used to be part of the HTLOZ community? I was with them back in the late 90s/early 00s

And what kind of virus on xbox?
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    Well you know how you can play games while listening to your USB music or look at your pictures while listening to mp3's ? Well I found an group of mp3s that if you listen to them on your xbox it will make it impossible to view images or play any games that aren't indie and if you play games or look at pictures you cant use music
  • edited June 2012
    That and computer graphics are 3 times as good as xbox.

Being confused about computers is why I exist Meds. You get confused, or want a new computer, you call me! :)
    Too bad you live half way across the world. I could totally do with a new PC. :(
  • edited June 2012
    Marumochi wrote: »
    Too bad you live half way across the world. I could totally do with a new PC. :(

try cyberpower uk

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/category/configurator

a mate recommend them to me and despite me having a few hiccups they sorted them out with no extra costs with the top service plan...

but i would say some of their ideas of suitable packing to reduce pc damage in transit after the repairs isn't ideal...and i did complain about it..

new pc's wise are always well packed them air bag things..

but i would do some research before on what you want so it's easy to pick the options like pm adavidison ;) or you can use there forums
  • edited June 2012
    I don't know about UK but CyberPower here in the US is a horrible company. Something is almost always loose when it arrives, or they halfass the mounting of hardware(My buddy ordered a liquid cooler for his CPU, but the case they used didn't quite fit it right so they only used 3 screws and one of them was just through the vent grating! On top of that they used a cheap water cooler than had conductive liquid in it which shorted out his motherboard because it leaked after 6 months!!!) their warranty program sucks, they find ways out of replacing your broken stuff, and it takes over a month to get it back if you do send in.....

And their prices aren't that great. Honestly I could probably build you one AND ship it to you for about the same price lol but if you had to ship it back wouldn't be worth it. Find a local computer shop with a good reputation or a college kid you know well and have them do a custom build for you. Then they can just give you all the separate boxes so you can register parts and have a 1-3yr warranty
  • edited June 2012
    I don't know about UK but CyberPower here in the US is a horrible company. Something is almost always loose when it arrives, or they halfass the mounting of hardware(My buddy ordered a liquid cooler for his CPU, but the case they used didn't quite fit it right so they only used 3 screws and one of them was just through the vent grating! On top of that they used a cheap water cooler than had conductive liquid in it which shorted out his motherboard because it leaked after 6 months!!!) their warranty program sucks, they find ways out of replacing your broken stuff, and it takes over a month to get it back if you do send in.....

And their prices aren't that great. Honestly I could probably build you one AND ship it to you for about the same price lol but if you had to ship it back wouldn't be worth it. Find a local computer shop with a good reputation or a college kid you know well and have them do a custom build for you. Then they can just give you all the separate boxes so you can register parts and have a 1-3yr warranty

well thats where i got mine from

i found the experience both good and bad.

when i ordered i picked the wrong motherboard and was lucky enough to get it changed, then i feel that they may of rushed rebuilding it, as the two gpu's i had where faulty took about 2 weeks to swap them over. then a few months after that the pump failed in the cooling system which also fried the psu they completely re wired it and refilled the resevoir then for some reason in transit with poor packing the second card got damaged and the second cd drive has never worked since i got it back, i will eventually get around to sort it.. i tried to get them to do something like take it back and sort it but they said no so gave up...machine still works for the most part so can't complain that much...seems they can be good and bad in the uk..

another mate has had no issues other than him having to get a pump replacement.

lol

sorry to hijack the thread :P
  • edited June 2012
    WOW.... yeah that sounds pretty bad to me... They use cheap parts, fast labor and underpay their people. I can usually build the same machine for hundreds less, and from the time my customers pay me I have it built and to them or shipped within 4 days. I don't mess around lol
  • edited June 2012
    yeah not the best but i got em back with all the free collections and replacement parts ;) which must of cost them a few hundred quid..
This discussion has been closed.