What Movie/Game has the best portrayal of adult and child characters

CapnJayCapnJay Banned
edited June 2012 in The Walking Dead
Man that title was hard to come up without sounding creepy I just thought i'd put up a poll and get opinions on the dynamics between unrelated adult and child characters paired together by circumstance. Like Lee and Queen Clementine.

{forgot to add Book to the title}

Comments

• edited June 2012
    What about the Father and the Son from Cormac McCarthy's The Road?

Edit: Wait. By circumstance. I didn't notice that part until just now.

In that case, I'll say Jack and the Little Sisters from Bioshock.
  • edited June 2012
    I chose Leon and Mathilda {The Professional} because that is an awesome movie.I was gonna pick lee and clem but we haven't really seen much of the dynamic between them yet. Really looking forward to seeing that though.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Ohhhh I will have to add options to that poll eventually. ;)

"Perfect World" for one, and the fairly recent German movie "Dreiviertelmond". Although probably no one knows the latter one. But they're so cute together!!

p09262011alOBplakat_Dreiviertelmond_klein.jpg

Noteworthy additions:

The Kid (1921, Charles Chaplin and Jackie Coogan)
    The Kid (2000, Bruce Willis and Spencer Breslin)
    A Perfect World (1993, Kevin Costner and T.J. Lowther)
  • edited June 2012
    there's also a film called god bless america, about a 'terminally ill man who is so sick of the retards in his country he goes on a killing spree and picks up a young teenage girl who is also thinking the same thing.

no pedo stuff in it but it's what i would call a black comedy (dark humour)

leon is good is a little creepy, so i picked lee n queen clem
  • edited June 2012
    what about Adam and Mei in I AM ALIVE game. she is so cute just like clementine
  • edited June 2012
    Carl, and Russel from the movie UP?

I picked Leon, and Mathilda because It's my favorite movie. The Pig in the kitchen, the game they play, and him telling her to stop saying okay all the time. I really like the relationship between Clem, and Lee, but they really seem to be just getting to know each other even still. I mean they have a few scenes where you see them getting close, but it still has room to grow.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    trueblue43 wrote: »
    what about Adam and Mei in I AM ALIVE game. she is so cute just like clementine

and yet you badmouth her everywhere else
  • edited June 2012
    Matilda and Miss Honey from Matilda is the best combo I can think of.
  • edited June 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    and yet you badmouth her everywhere else

I never said that she wasn't cute. it what lies beneath that I wonder about and what she might do if you upset her!!!!:D
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    I never said that she wasn't cute. it what lies beneath that I wonder about and what she might do if you upset her!!!!:D

It's her knights you should worry about not the Queen herself
  • edited June 2012
    How has no one mentioned Ripley and Newt?!
  • edited June 2012
    to trublue43

if you are just trolling our queens thread you are { } that close to the comfy chair and the nanite sepository...
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    sc4recrow wrote: »

Well thats why there is an other option i for one forgot Ron Perlman and the girl from The city of lost children when we get enough input a new poll can be made
  • edited June 2012
    It's her knights you should worry about not the Queen herself

:rolleyes:
    well in the words off Henry the 8th of with her head and that of all her supportes!!!:D
  • edited June 2012
    to trublue43

if you are just trolling our queens thread you are { } that close to the comfy chair and the nanite sepository...

:rolleyes: really you and who's army lol :D
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    :rolleyes: really you and who's army lol :D

MP010107-b-NI-frame--000204.jpg
    stormtroopers.jpg
    250px-Alpha.gif
    re-3.jpg
    the-transporter.jpg
    liam-neeson-is-pure-win.jpg
    imdb-lotr-elrond.jpg

That Army
  • edited June 2012
    Of course I must vote for Queen Clem. but I also would like to add

Katniss and Rue from the Hunger Games. Even for such a short time the had an emotional bond.
  • edited June 2012

That Army

I do believe trueblue got owned and i hear your hate clem camp has ran out of hemeroid cream...
  • edited June 2012
    what does this stand for K.I.Q.C.S just wondering ;)
  • edited June 2012
    what does this stand for K.I.Q.C.S just wondering ;)

Knights in Queen Clems service

her now semi official thread is the oranges and lemons...

capnjay was in charge of the name
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    Knights In Queen Clem's Service

Based it off of the K.I.S.S. Acronym

{Knights In Satan's Service not Keep It Simple Stupid Most of us wear far less makeup then KISS though. Not sure about Sir Milo he's a bit Peculiar ]

Also another option i could have put up on the poll was Any Shirley Temple Movie Ever
  • edited June 2012
    oh i see thanks
  • edited June 2012
    Sir Milo he's a bit Peculiar

was Any Shirley Temple Movie Ever

'Twitches' blueberry n apple crumble.....
    must not use micro wave...

pacemaker..... oh wait i don't have one..

pants are not suitable head attire

walker brains make good wall decoration

'twitches'

me peculiar nah just crazeh ;) Don't do make up funny i stopped being a goth after you implanted that chip...
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    'Twitches' blueberry n apple crumble.....
    must not use micro wave...

pacemaker..... oh wait i don't have one..

pants are not suitable head attire

walker brains make good wall decoration

'twitches'

me peculiar nah just crazeh ;) Don't do make up funny i stopped being a goth after you implanted that chip...

Last time I do Brain Surgery without training
  • edited June 2012
    Shogun Assassin (Lone Wolf and Cub)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj6tarf0d9I
  • edited June 2012
    Bioshock 2 more then 1 but both good
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    Nomad and Kid Lobo.
  • edited June 2012
    The Phantom Menace, obviously.
  • edited June 2012
    I think The Last Of Us has an amazing one so far. Dad protecting daughter, taught her to be cold and show no mercy to people outside the group and zombies. :)
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    she's a kid? the trailer i saw Made it look like a man and woman also are they related
  • edited June 2012
    I think so, it makes it seem like it, but maybe not, he may of just found and took her in...she doesn't seem to know anything about before the zombie apaclaypse. But she's useful she bricks someone in the face so you can kill them in the gameplay trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYkj0glnqs
  • edited June 2012
    As far as I heard they aren't related. He just took her in. Honestly I'm xbox all the way but after seeing this at E3 I might be grabbing a ps3
  • edited June 2012
    The Last of Us looks like its gonna be the best. I'd probably say either Little Rock and the rest of the group in Zombieland or Hit Girl and Big Daddy in Kick-Ass.
  • edited June 2012
    As far as I heard they aren't related. He just took her in. Honestly I'm xbox all the way but after seeing this at E3 I might be grabbing a ps3

looks aren't everything

it'll probably suck as much as uncharted does ;)
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited June 2012
    I wish Xbox could get a damn game like indigo prophecy that doesn't require an emulator on the xbox 360 harddrive cause somehow mine got erased. And we never got Heavy Rain
  • edited June 2012
    The First Uncharted wasn't great, 2 was pretty good, and didn't feel as cheap. Haven't played the 3rd yet, but I heard it wasn't as good. I loved heavy rain, and Beyond looks even better, but what I really was hoping for was Infamous 3. I Thought the second one was amazing, maybe better than Arkham City, and the user generated content was actually fun.
    Most X-Box exclusives don't appeal to me. The Witcher has me interested, but that's about it
  • edited June 2012
    I don't know why the Uncharted bashing here. The first was a little slow and played like a slightly generic 3rd person action game but the second and third were genre leaders that have lead to the likes of new Tomb Raider seemingly copying its pace and movie quality action.
  • edited June 2012
    uncharted to me is tomb raider after a sex change, so with all the modern gfx engines and need for qte and fancy cut scenes.

;)
  • edited June 2012
    sc4recrow wrote: »

Omfg that was the first thing that came to my head (this should of been one of the selections)
  • edited June 2012
    ...pursuit of happyness!!!
This discussion has been closed.